17 replies to this topic

#1 lukylovespaintballin

lukylovespaintballin

Turtleloverofthemaxofthemostextreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Ok so I have probably the most stupid story. I'm 16 live in MA but I smoke daily. Once or twice. But today three. I want to quit smoking but I'm not sure if I'm addicted. Don't tell me to google up how to stop smoking because they are all bullshit. Any help or tips are gladly accepted

Edited by lukylovespaintballin, 11 March 2013 - 04:23 PM.

My link for my guns

MY FEEDBACK 5/0/0

Nothing some beatings tear gas and hard labour will fix

#2 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Let me bunker the shit out of you every time you think of lighting one up.

Easiest way to stop smoking is never to start. However its a lot of will power that beats it. Might want to look into a patch or gum.

Im not even going to get into the whole your dumb for starting its bad for your health thing.

Although for the record, I can not think of a single person I know who is a habitual smoker who does not regret the decision.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#3 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Try to cut it down one at a time.

Start one week with your normal, next 2 weeks with 1 less, and so on and so forth. Also, I find with a lot of my smoker friends, it's not necessarily the need of nicotine, but rather just having something in their mouth. They always have hard candies or gum, toothpicks, mints, etc that they use when they have a craving for a cig.

Or just realize you're not gonna live past 40 and if you do don't think about retiring, you're gonna be spending all of your time and money in the hospital.

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#4 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

It takes an awful lot of will power to quit. It's not easy. Look into that nicotine gum stuff to help you get your fix when you get the urge.

#5 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

I have honestly never smoked in my life solely because I have watched my dad slowly be torn apart all my life by that shit.

In my opinion its not worth it, you are killing yourself slowly just for a chemical release in the brain that lasts 45 min? Smoking is rather ironic really, you pay to smoke you get sick from smoking and then you have to pay out the ass to get better. Lose lose either way.

I have no idea on how to tell you to quit, but I can tell you it will be worth it not only for your family, your future children, everyone who loves you, but for yourself.

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

#6 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,885 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

One part that helps is to realize that you're not only addicted to the nicotine, but you're also addicted to having something in your mouth, and you're addicted to the movement of bringing something up to your mouth to take a drag from, and then lowering it back down. Find something else to occupy your mouth with, instead of a cig. Gum helps, and it can be any gum, it doesn't have to be nicotine gum. Just pop a piece when you get a craving.

But there isn't an easy way to quit. Why do you think some drug addicts will go to rehab three or four times? There's nothing easy about quitting an addiction to a drug.

#7 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

One part that helps is to realize that you're not only addicted to the nicotine, but you're also addicted to having something in your mouth, and you're addicted to the movement of bringing something up to your mouth to take a drag from, and then lowering it back down. Find something else to occupy your mouth with, instead of a cig. Gum helps, and it can be any gum, it doesn't have to be nicotine gum. Just pop a piece when you get a craving.

But there isn't an easy way to quit. Why do you think some drug addicts will go to rehab three or four times? There's nothing easy about quitting an addiction to a drug.

this is no shit. when i stopped chewing one of the biggest things that i missed was something being in my lip. when i would get a craving i would chew a piece of gum for a few minutes then i would push the gum down into my lip where my copenhagen usually sat. its been a year and i still do it to this day.
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#8 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

3 cigs or packs? 3 cigs just cold turkey it. I was similar at one point
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#9 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

There is NO easy way to quit Ive known tons of people who smoke Ive yet to see someone quit on the first try
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#10 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

I've had a couple friends, this is NOT an easy habit

Some of the things they did, was to try to "replace" the smoking habit, with other things

Playing with putty, keeping things in your hands to manipulate and feel, always holding a pencil or a pen, just trying to confuse your brain that you are holding something in your hand.

Another thing is always chewing gum, chewing carrots, something to help get over that oral fixation of having something in your mouth

Basically trying to get something to replace the feeling of holding a cigarette in your hand, and something to replace the feeling of having a cigarette in your mouth.

The internet could also be a great resource for this. If you have to try 100 different things, and it takes 6 months to quit the habit, at least you quit!!! Don't get discouraged

#11 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

I just quit smoking and chewing after 7 years.. It's all about willpower.. Just realize that you don't want to smell bad, have terrible lung capacity , and possibly ( 45% chance ) get cancer.... I did it cold turkey myself because I figured the faster I got the nicotine out of my system the better.

#12 250 cal pntball

250 cal pntball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

This worked for me, chew sunflower seeds daily, constently, it keeps your mouth, and brain desracted

I play anything.

My setup ~ Dangerous Power Revi with a Techt bolt, 68 4500 empire tank, Dye Rotor, Dye I4s with amber and mirror lense, valken redemption pants, Empire 2012 Contact Jersey, Nike Cleats

#13 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,932 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

Tell all of your friends that you're trying to quit.  Have them help you.  Biggest thing that helped me was all my friends making me feel like shit every time I wanted to smoke.  The occupating thing helps too.  I chewed a ton of gum and chewed on pen caps contantly.

#14 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

i was a 2 pack a day smoker int he army... camel wide menthols, i would snap the filter off... how did i stop smoking when i got out? i bought those flavored tooth picks and kept a bag of beef jerky on my at all times... if i got the craving to smoke, i would pop a tooth pick in my mouth, when i was in the car, i ate the beef jerky....

at 16, you will be able to kick the habbit easily if you are only smoke a coupe butts a day... i went cold turkey... it worked for me (my friends wouldnt say so, they all wanted to kill me) but i was able to quit...

Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#15 DamianE

DamianE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Cold Turkey that shit! You should do it NOW before 3 a day turns into a pack a day. Just be sure to not pick it up again when you turn 18. It will become infinitely more difficult to quit at that point. You will be legally able to buy them, and chances are you will be in college where most people start experimenting with cigarettes. Trust me, get that habit dead and buried before you go to college.

naimadamian.png

#16 cmc1367

cmc1367

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

I went cold turkey after smoking over a pack a day for a couple years.  I say just stop you are only doing 2-3 a day so its not like its one after another.  I would go running and take a break for a cig then run some more etc.  I think one of the things I did was the rubber band on my wrist but I did it hard just anytime I thought about having one, and I chewed regular sugar free gum as well.  I don't know I think the easiest way long term is cold turkey for anything.  It takes 30 days for something to become a habit just remember so it might be rough at first, but it will get a lot easier in time.  Also I agree with telling your friends so they make sure and keep an eye on you and give you encouragement (as long as they are good friends they will at least).  Best of luck and I would post on this thread as well to hold yourself accountable if that helps.

#17 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

Cold turkey is the way my mom quit back in the day, and the way a few others I know have quit. It seems like with nicotene gum and patches you get some fix but you still crave for the FULL fix of a cig, and many go back to cigs. 

I have heard cold turkey is extremely hard for the first week, then after that its just keep telling yourself no.

You could also try e-cigs. I have heard that slowly reducing the nicotene content works. I have also heard that mixing non-nicotene and low nicotene together and randomly picking one works for the placebo effect

Edited by TheGuy, 11 July 2013 - 07:22 PM.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#18 ballsonyourface3395

ballsonyourface3395

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

wow dude your mind set already is warped. If you think honestly your addicted with 2-3 cigs a day life isn't going to be easy for you. I picked up smoking in the Army and when I was addicted I was smoking 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day. Thats addicted! 2-3 a day is a joke. Just quit cold turkey right now. I promise once you really become addicted your screwed I have seen people quit hard drugs with less sides than I had quitting cigs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users