20 replies to this topic

#1 Paintball4864

Paintball4864

Me like cookies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

So i have played speedball and i usually just play back I just need tips & tricks and gear set ups for a snake player since that is
what i play on my team. I am 5' 7'', skinny, and like a tight feel also I already have a tank the ninja 50ci 4500psi ultralight.

Edited by Paintball4864, 11 March 2013 - 05:20 PM.

If your under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." -Steve Prefontaine Lets Run

Gear Setup: Empire Axe, Empire Prophecy Z2, Ninja 50/4500, Jt ProFlex

#2 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

So i have played speedball and i usually just play back I just need tips & tricks and gear set ups for a snake player since that is
what i play on my team. I am 5' 7'', skinny, and like a tight feel also I already have a tank the ninja 50ci 4500psi ultralight.

honestly, your going to want something you feel comfortable with, being "smaller" isn't always better, if your gun is too small it will be annoying when you have to shoulder it and move up...

What guns have you shot that you enjoyed working with?

#3 Paintball4864

Paintball4864

Me like cookies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

honestly, your going to want something you feel comfortable with, being "smaller" isn't always better, if your gun is too small it will be annoying when you have to shoulder it and move up...

What guns have you shot that you enjoyed working with?

invert mini(also have shot the axe)
dp g4(but would get the g5)

Edited by Paintball4864, 11 March 2013 - 06:19 PM.

"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." -Steve Prefontaine Lets Run

#4 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

oh wow? you shoot a mini with a 50/45 and you want ... smaller?

Not ganna happen ;)

Until you get into pump markers...

#5 Paintball4864

Paintball4864

Me like cookies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Not ganna happen ;)

Not smaller i just like the feel of a small set up. ya and do you recommend getting the g5

#6 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

A tip i learned a while ago, but just started doing this weekend is this. It seems easy but it is actually difficult to get your mind set to do it in game. Simply this, if no one is looking down taple on the enemy team, go. Keep moving, it helps alot, especially because once you get far up, you will be able to look cross field and destroy the dorito side.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

No no with the G5. Or any of the G series.
Tips for snake
Stay alive as much as you can.
Headcheck constantly, without your gun. Communication and closing the game is the main job for the snake player.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

Head checking without a gun a lot is a bad habit... If you do it right, you should be able to head check with your gun at the same speed as without.

Make sure you have a reliable person watching tape, and also try to work with him. When you first get into snake, you don't have to look for kills right away. And if there isn't paint coming from tape, move up. Get as far as you can as fast as you can. If there is someone watching tape/in your corner, try not to worry about tape, just focus on looking inside.

#9 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Head checking without a gun a lot is a bad habit... If you do it right, you should be able to head check with your gun at the same speed as without.

Make sure you have a reliable person watching tape, and also try to work with him. When you first get into snake, you don't have to look for kills right away. And if there isn't paint coming from tape, move up. Get as far as you can as fast as you can. If there is someone watching tape/in your corner, try not to worry about tape, just focus on looking inside.

This. The goal is to do damage before they know you're there so you're going to need to be able to make shots and get back into cover quick. You should already know where you need to be in the snake to hit various positions from walking the field. If you pop your head up be pointing in the right direction and ready to fire. As far as setup, the only thing I'd say is carry about three pods. You probably won't need more than that and the extra bulk will just hinder you.

#10 St Six

St Six

You boys like Mex-i-co?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

Key word: reliable
W/out a solid corner, you can end up in trouble quickly.

#11 That_guy097

That_guy097

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

Not ganna happen ;)

Or pistols

#12 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Watch your feet and pack hanging out that used to be a huge problem of mine

#13 Slipurknot15

Slipurknot15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Not ganna happen ;)

Not smaller i just like the feel of a small set up. ya and do you recommend getting the g5

i love my g5. after i replaced the reg( got a lemon -_-) it shot fine (btw i play snake to)
PM ME ABOUT PAINTBALL DRAWINGS

#14 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

most importantly out of all of them. relax!

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#15 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

^and ya know if your using inflatables... it's ok to take a quick "peek" if you can manage laying as flat as you can and just lifting one of the bunkers up to see who is where :dodgy:

/sarcasm.

#16 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

keep your ass down cause its easy to lob a shot onto your pack

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#17 That one guy

That one guy

TechPB's most loved member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Not ganna happen ;)

i love my g5. after i replaced the reg( got a lemon -_-) it shot fine (btw i play snake to)

Learn to put a capital "I" and it's too not to.....No wonder you are a noob.....G5 and rest of G series is poop,go troll somehwere else!

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#18 TheAlmostPanda

TheAlmostPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

Learn how to crawl real fast and low like, like that spider that lives under your fridge. Get confident shooting switch, because you'll need it if you want to get really good.

Cattle die, kinsmen die all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal

jacket for sale

#19 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

Not ganna happen ;)

Learn to put a capital "I" and it's too not to.....No wonder you are a noob.....G5 and rest of G series is poop,go troll somehwere else!

Actually the G5 is a very nice marker, as long as you know how to take care of it. Use a thin grease or a thick oil (not dp40) and it works fine. The trigger is also very nice compared to other guns of the price range, as is the board.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#20 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:29 AM

Be confident in your dives, for the love of god get quality padding, get familiar with your corner player, and communicate to the rest of your team. Snake is probably one of the toughest positions on the body to play. Technique is key to saving your knees and hands.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#21 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

Not ganna happen ;)

Maybe he is not trolling and being genuinely honest. Not everyone loves the axe or the extcy you know.Stop calling other people noobs when you only have 100 posts yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users