40 replies to this topic

#1 TippmannEmployee1

TippmannEmployee1

• Professional Player
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Posted Image

Last year Tippmann launched the Crossover marker – a lightweight, high performance tournament style electro-pneumatic marker designed to perform for all players regardless of conditions or style of play. Recently we announced that the price of the Crossover has dropped to $349 –making the industry-leading technology even more accessible to players everywhere.

We lowered the price because we know there are a lot of choices in the market and we simply wanted to be more aggressive in the $300 -$400 category to get more players to play the Crossover. This is a big move by Tippmann but we believe it will be good for players and help the industry as we drive more traffic to our dealers.

As part of this big move we need your input. Click the link below and give us your input on the Crossover. This survey is open to any players who have seen, played or heard about the Crossover. This is a short survey that will only take a few minutes to complete. Just for completing the survey you will be entered in a draw to win $100 from the Tippmann online store. The draw will take place this Friday, so you need to get your comments in now.

To complete the survey goto http://bit.ly/CrossoverSurvey

Thank you.

#2 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

I just filled it out and it was a great survey, hope it helps.

#3 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

done. :D

done. :D

mmm... A blue crossover

#4 Corysllw

Corysllw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Done!
A blue crossover would be awesome!

#5 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,635 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Needs moar purple.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#6 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

With any luck we can get Tippmann To lower the price or give us an on-off ASA
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#7 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

since the crossover did go down in price its been very tempting to pick up.

#8 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

I liked the silver one

#9 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

done, olive green ftw, but it seems tippmann thinks the crossover actually fills a niche... it doesn't.
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#10 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Filled it out.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Done, glad to see Tippmann is taking the initiative to make a better marker. :tup:

#12 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

done, olive green ftw, but it seems tippmann thinks the crossover actually fills a niche... it doesn't.

I don't see how it doesn't

#13 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,067 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Needs moar cowbell.

Fixed

I took the poll.

#14 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Done!

#15 VictoriaPB

VictoriaPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

done

#16 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

i don't see how it does, if you let your battery die and cant afford a new 9v wtf... you have a mechanical feature that in practice should very rarely if ever need to be used, and to top it off its x7 threaded...

Edited by fatalll, 13 March 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#17 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

I vote 350 as is, or 400 w/ on/off Asa & autococker threads.
I am a raccoon.

#18 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Ehh, I'd rather have a mini

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Done, but it took me forever to type everything I thought about the marker.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#20 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

i don't see how it does, if you let your battery die and cant afford a new 9v wtf... you have a mechanical feature that in practice should very rarely if ever need to be used, and to top it off its x7 threaded...

Here is how I use the mechanical feature on the phenom. I use it when I am not in a bind or tring to make sure I don't waste paint. But the second I need the extra fire power I flip it up in to whatever mode I have it for the extra firepower. If I had the crossover I am sure I would use it in the same manner.

#21 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Done. I really liked that silver color, and I feel that the new price drop makes this a great marker for the price.

#22 ANGRYPAINTBALL35

ANGRYPAINTBALL35

Well that didn't work...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Done with that! I like the red but....... everything I own MUST be red. So I am completely biased.
Nope it's a spyder...

#23 Pirate

Pirate

I'm in it for the booty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

Needs moar purple.

This. This many times.

Headbangers Scenario Team
Proudly sponsored by
Hitman Gear | Pinokio Hoppers | Stiffi Barrels | ANS Gear
If the good die young, I'll fucking live forever

#24 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

Done!

o8qo.jpg

#25 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Done.

#26 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Filled it out as well :)

#27 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Here is how I use the mechanical feature on the phenom. I use it when I am not in a bind or tring to make sure I don't waste paint. But the second I need the extra fire power I flip it up in to whatever mode I have it for the extra firepower. If I had the crossover I am sure I would use it in the same manner.

yes but is that a niche? or just lazy mans trigger control?

#28 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

yes but is that a niche? or just lazy mans trigger control?

It Is by definition a niche, and The crossover undeniable fills it.Your arguing usefulness,to that I say who cares it does what does,buy it for what it is don't bitch because it's different.
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX

#29 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

It Is by definition a niche, and The crossover undeniable fills it.Your arguing usefulness,to that I say who cares it does what does,buy it for what it is don't bitch because it's different.

apparently you don't know what a niche is. Pro tip, an item is not a niche, not to mention it being able to fill itself. i am not "bitching" because it is different, i'm not even saying its a bad piece of equipment, but that doesn't mean the "crossover" feature fills a profitable role... if it did the price wouldn't have dropped.

#30 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

apparently you don't know what a niche is. Pro tip, an item is not a niche, not to mention it being able to fill itself. i am not "bitching" because it is different, i'm not even saying its a bad piece of equipment, but that doesn't mean the "crossover" feature fills a profitable role... if it did the price wouldn't have dropped.

niche [nich] Show IPA noun, adjective, verb, niched, nich·ing.
noun
an ornamental recess in a wall or the like, usually semicircular in plan and arched, as for a statue or other decorative object.
a place or position suitable or appropriate for a person or thing: to find one's niche in the business world.
a distinct segment of a market.
Ecology . the position or function of an organism in a community of plants and animals.
adjective
pertaining to or intended for a market niche; having specific appeal: niche advertising.

Let me refer you to both definition #3 and #5. I'll clarify just in case you still confused. Through the use of definition #5 one could say. The Tippmann crossover fills the Electeo/Pneumatic niche in the paintball marker market, being that it's the only marker of its kind in production today.

I do encourage you to Email Dictionary.com and tell them their definition is wrong also.
BST TIPX

#31 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

Filled it out. I agree.

On off Asa
Cocker threads
Some trigger work
Grips that actually look/feel good

You could sell it at $400 with those.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#32 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

noun
an ornamental recess in a wall or the like, usually semicircular in plan and arched, as for a statue or other decorative object.
a place or position suitable or appropriate for a person or thing: to find one's niche in the business world.
Ecology . the position or function of an organism in a community of plants and animals.
adjective
pertaining to or intended for a market niche; having specific appeal: niche advertising.

Let me refer you to both definition #3 and #5. I'll clarify just in case you still confused. Through the use of definition #5 one could say. The Tippmann crossover fills the Electeo/Pneumatic niche in the paintball marker market, being that it's the only marker of its kind in production today.

I do encourage you to Email Dictionary.com and tell them their definition is wrong also.

why? you just proved my point...

Merriam-Webster
the situation in which a business's products or services can succeed by being sold to a particular kind or group of people — usually singular ▪ They're still trying to find their niche in the market/industry. ▪ This product fills a niche in the market. = This product fills a market niche. [=provides something that certain kinds of people want to buy]often used before another noun▪ Teenage girls are our niche market. [=are the people we can sell our products to] niche

a niche is NOT a product or a feature. i can produce the only paintball gun in which the barrel points to the user, that doesn't make it useful or a niche. but according to you that would fill the i want my gun to shoot me not other people market.

to argue a niche you have to show me a segment of the market to whom this panders successfully, and you don't lower prices following success.

the tippmann x7 has the same functionality btw so no its not the only marker.

l2 reading comprehension

Edited by fatalll, 15 March 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#33 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

After seeing the silver colour scheme i actually considered buying a Crossover.

o8qo.jpg

#34 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

noun
adjective

why? you just proved my point...

Merriam-Webster
the situation in which a business's products or services can succeed by being sold to a particular kind or group of people — usually singular ▪ They're still trying to find their niche in the market/industry. ▪ This product fills a niche in the market. = This product fills a market niche. [=provides something that certain kinds of people want to buy]often used before another noun▪ Teenage girls are our niche market. [=are the people we can sell our products to] niche

a niche is NOT a product or a feature. i can produce the only paintball gun in which the barrel points to the user, that doesn't make it useful or a niche. but according to you that would fill the i want my gun to shoot me not other people market.

to argue a niche you have to show me a segment of the market to whom this panders successfully, and you don't lower prices following success.

the tippmann x7 has the same functionality btw so no its not the only marker.

l2 reading comprehension

why don't both of you shut up. this is techpb not Webster's dictionary. The mechanical ability of the Crossover can be or be not used at will. if you want to use it, use it. If you don't, then don't?
109.gif

#35 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

never disputed the fact, just said it doesn't fill a niche so they need to offer more options to be competitive.

#36 TippmannEmployee1

TippmannEmployee1

• Professional Player
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

We haverandomly chosen a winner from the list of Crossover Survey submissions. Thankyou all for taking the time to complete the survey. The response was trulyincredible. Check your email, the winner has been notified.

Thanks again!

TippmannSports

Edited by TippmannEmployee1, 15 March 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#37 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

Done, love lime green.

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#38 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

The crossover is a good idea, but my main concern is the trigger, the trigger on an electro is built to just tap a circuit board while a mech trigger has to trip a sear, I don't see how they can make a trigger to do both and be comfortable as a mech or an electro

#39 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

The crossover is a good idea, but my main concern is the trigger, the trigger on an electro is built to just tap a circuit board while a mech trigger has to trip a sear, I don't see how they can make a trigger to do both and be comfortable as a mech or an electro

Good thing the Crossover doesn't use a sear then.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#40 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

I really like the purple.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#41 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Almost every gun on the market has had price drop at some point ya dingus.

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users