• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Paintball noob

Paintball noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

If I want to buy something off of someone through techpb how would I go about doing it so it's safe through PayPal I know gifting money is not the way to do it. How can I garentee that ill get what I paid for, I've only ever used PayPal when buying off eBay.

#2 raven_op

raven_op

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

you can use orange's third party service, it will cost you a few extra dollars, but you are garenteed to get what you pay for.

that being said, techpb is one of the best places to buy stuff. the members are pretty good here, and the mods really go out of their way to help out when they can

#3 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

You comment that you want to buy someone's product and if they agree they will private message you their info. You then send the money to their email they give you and they will most of the time give you confirmation they got the money.

Techpb users usually will pm you the tracking number if they get one (every transaction I've been in a tracking number is provided) when they ship out.

If you have any discrepancies getting ahold of them isn't hard at all dependingon how much information you exchange I.e. cell phone numbers, email address' etc. If it comes to it, the moderators can get involved after you make a thread in the B/S/T portion (can't think of the exact name, you'll see it) posting screen shots of the messages, tracking #, and explaining what happened.

TechPB is a lot more help and safer doing business on than ebay.

#4 Paintball noob

Paintball noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

I've already decided to buy something off of someone through techpb I just didn't know how to do the transaction thanks for the info!

#5 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

Another thing to look at when buying, selling, or trading on forums such as these is the person's feedback. A member will often have a thread created solely for the purpose of people leaving feedback on their dealings with this member (For instance, my feedback thread is linked below in my signature). I would suggest taking a look at the person's feedback to see if they're legitimate before making/taking any serious offer. If they seem iffy, back out. If they seem pretty solid, then I'd say go for it.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users