25 replies to this topic

#1 urockalex

urockalex

Nobody got time fo dat!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

I am not sure whether to get a tippmann us army alpha black or an electronic small paintball gun like an azodin blitz or spyder fenix. I like how you can put scopes and stocks and many cool upgrades with the tippmann but I don't know if an azodin or spyder or dg is better. I would either want to get a Tippmann us army or a spyder fenix or an Azodin Blitz, which one should I get. Include reliability, upgrades, quality, and other stuff if you can. Thanks.

#2 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

upgrades don't bother, your upgrade from that market would be a better marker. what is your budget? what gear do you already have?
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#3 Vidalecent

Vidalecent

Low-end <3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

First: Do you have a mask, tank, and loader? If not, buy these items first. Do not cheap out on a mask. There is nothing more important than being comfortable when playing.

#4 urockalex

urockalex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

First: Do you have a mask, tank, and loader? If not, buy these items first. Do not cheap out on a mask. There is nothing more important than being comfortable when playing.

Yes I have a mask and all the gear I need(Tank, belt w/ pods, etc) I just Want the US Army because I can put a scope and shoot far if Im playing woods ball. Also so I can shoot the people who camp at the back of the field for the whole game.

upgrades don't bother, your upgrade from that market would be a better marker. what is your budget? what gear do you already have?

My budget is $200 for a marker. I already have all the gear.

#5 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Now im a BIG Tippmann fan. But I will recommend you avoid the whole scopes and tactical gadgetry that honestly in paintball is less the effective. There guns are very relaible and durable (I have One I have owned since new for 14 years and have only replaced one oring that failed). BUT for there price there are options that will be lighter and smoother shooting. That being said I love my Tippmanns and have always been more than happy with the way they perform on the field. They work and always work.

Another great option in around that price I would consider is too look at a GOG eNMEy. It's an all mechcanical marker but uses a far smoother lighter design. And for $130 is a pretty dang good deal.

As for Azodines there pretty good options but do cling to old tech much the same as Tippmann. Spyders are basically whAt Azodines are based off but are actually inferior to Azodines as spiders have alot of proprietary parts meaning there parts are solely used by spyder were as Azodine uses the industry standard stuff.

Best thing you can do is go to your pro shop And hold em find the one you like the feel of best get out there be safe shoot some paint and have fun.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#6 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

i will first say that scopes just don't work in paintball, some will argue, but they don't have a practical use, and any gun will shoot the same distance. flatline/apex nonwithstanding

i would look into an sp1 new from ansgear or wait for a used recommendation, im not familiar with the 200 and under other then people will come in recommending the eNMEy, i personally would go sp1 or used though. sounds like you only play woodsball for most part, and if you ever get into scenario play, its going to work better in those as well. if you go speedball you will have to upgrade either way.

for used perhaps old ego/etek, not sure what minis go for etc so wait for someone else on used end.

Edited by fatalll, 15 March 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#7 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

What exactly do you want? A cool looking military style gun or a flat out "laser shooting plasma launching" speedball marker?
109.gif

#8 urockalex

urockalex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

Now im a BIG Tippmann fan. But I will recommend you avoid the whole scopes and tactical gadgetry that honestly in paintball is less the effective. There guns are very relaible and durable (I have One I have owned since new for 14 years and have only replaced one oring that failed). BUT for there price there are options that will be lighter and smoother shooting. That being said I love my Tippmanns and have always been more than happy with the way they perform on the field. They work and always work.

Another great option in around that price I would consider is too look at a GOG eNMEy. It's an all mechcanical marker but uses a far smoother lighter design. And for $130 is a pretty dang good deal.

As for Azodines there pretty good options but do cling to old tech much the same as Tippmann. Spyders are basically whAt Azodines are based off but are actually inferior to Azodines as spiders have alot of proprietary parts meaning there parts are solely used by spyder were as Azodine uses the industry standard stuff.

Best thing you can do is go to your pro shop And hold em find the one you like the feel of best get out there be safe shoot some paint and have fun.

Is the eNMeY electronic?

#9 urockalex

urockalex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

What exactly do you want? A cool looking military style gun or a flat out "laser shooting plasma launching" speedball marker?

I actually don't play speedball that much. I play like in a map that has barriers and huts and things like that. I don't know what its called but I play it at my local paintball place. I also will want to play woodsball. I am not a fan of speedball because it uses to much ammo and I don't want to spend that much.

#10 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

sounds like you are into the entire experience so i would either go the sp1 or a tipmann, really whatever makes you happy but i would personally go sp1 and apex 2 barrel

#11 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

I know where this thread is going :rolleyes:

If these markers are in your price range I would get the Blitz. Also , check out the GOG marker line

-Look below for some advice from a former "tacticool" dude-

I'm going to be blunt here , I might sound rude putting down your intial purchases and such but i'm just trying to help you.

Anyways, I used to be into the "tactical" stuff (scopes and crap) when I first started, trust me if you start buying that stuff you WILL regret it. I literally dropped over 300$+ the cost of the marker its self into one Tippmann marker, I got really fucked over and could only sell it for 105$. I feel really stupid about that now.

On the subject of masks and tanks and hoppers , DO NOT cheap out on those, You can have the best marker in the world but its useless if you can't see. If your mask has "Anti-fog single lens" not "thermal" and it's not a vforce, throw it out and buy a good pair it will be better in the long run. If you have a CO2 tank dont even bother using it go and buy yourself a Carbon fibre HPA tank. Don't bother with a "budget " hopper or a gravity fed hopper , they will either break or work like crap. If you are really into paintball I would recommend buying the best first, The more you spend today ; the less you spend in the future.

Also, Scopes and long barrels do nothing for accuracy ...

Posted Image

#12 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

I actually don't play speedball that much. I play like in a map that has barriers and huts and things like that. I don't know what its called but I play it at my local paintball place. I also will want to play woodsball. I am not a fan of speedball because it uses to much ammo and I don't want to spend that much.

Coolio, I would suggest actually going with a tippmann for once, if you wanna make it look very cool, and nice the tippmann line has always achieved that, now although scopes really don't make much of a difference in paintball if I were you I actually would get one just because it gives you an idea of exactly where your ball is SUPPOSED to go athough it more than likely wont go there. So I suggest a tippmann a5, however alot of people won't agree with me. But to me you sound like your really in it for the look and feel of milsim. And don't wanna splerge for a t68, an tiberious, a D.A.M or g6r tactical
109.gif

#13 urockalex

urockalex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

I know where this thread is going :rolleyes:

If these markers are in your price range I would get the Blitz. Also , check out the GOG marker line

-Look below for some advice from a former "tacticool" dude-

I'm going to be blunt here , I might sound rude putting down your intial purchases and such but i'm just trying to help you.

Anyways, I used to be into the "tactical" stuff (scopes and crap) when I first started, trust me if you start buying that stuff you WILL regret it. I literally dropped over 300$+ the cost of the marker its self into one Tippmann marker, I got really fucked over and could only sell it for 105$. I feel really stupid about that now.

On the subject of masks and tanks and hoppers , DO NOT cheap out on those, You can have the best marker in the world but its useless if you can't see. If your mask has "Anti-fog single lens" not "thermal" and it's not a vforce, throw it out and buy a good pair it will be better in the long run. If you have a CO2 tank dont even bother using it go and buy yourself a Carbon fibre HPA tank. Don't bother with a "budget " hopper or a gravity fed hopper , they will either break or work like crap. If you are really into paintball I would recommend buying the best first, The more you spend today ; the less you spend in the future.

Also, Scopes and long barrels do nothing for accuracy ...

Thank you for telling me that. It makes sense. Now I am deciding on whether to get an Azodin Blitz or a Spyder Fenix. Any thoughts on that?

#14 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

I know where this thread is going to go.
First off, do not buy into the whole milsim/ Tippmann thing. It's all a waste unless its the Crossover.
Then decide whether or not to get an electro or a mechanical marker.
For a mechanical, get the GoG eNMEy. It shoots the smoothest, the most consistent, and has the lightest trigger pull than any other mechanical marker in it's price range.
For an electro, look into the GoG eXTCy, which is an electronic eNMEy(well the eNMEy is more like a mechanical eXTCy), with a great board and great features.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#15 urockalex

urockalex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

I know where this thread is going to go.
First off, do not buy into the whole milsim/ Tippmann thing. It's all a waste unless its the Crossover.
Then decide whether or not to get an electro or a mechanical marker.
For a mechanical, get the GoG eNMEy. It shoots the smoothest, the most consistent, and has the lightest trigger pull than any other mechanical marker in it's price range.
For an electro, look into the GoG eXTCy, which is an electronic eNMEy(well the eNMEy is more like a mechanical eXTCy), with a great board and great features.

Well I really don't want to spend that much since it will be my first marker. I am looking for something under $200. Would the spyder fenix or Azodin Blitz be better? Also would u recommend any other markers under $200?

#16 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

No a fenix or a blitz would be bad. Its just a stacked tube blowback with an electronic piston.

#17 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

Get an SP1. Ansgear has some old stock for only $125.
It's got just enough of the looks and airs of a tacticool marker while still being able to perform well (often better than many of the other tacticool guns) on the field.
If you want added range and/or the ability to shoot around some corners, pair it up with an Apex barrel.

I have a feeling you'll be much happier with this setup than any overly-expensive Tippmann project (such as my big regret of long ago).

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#18 urockalex

urockalex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Now I am thinking of getting an Invert Mini, are those good and reliable?

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

All guns in this time are reliable. Good, no, I dont like the mini. But it should work just great for you. Are you willing to buy used?

#20 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Whatever he said

Is the eNMeY electronic?

No its a mech

#21 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

I will always say blitz over Fenix. It has autococker threads, a better trigger, & a company with great customer service. Unfortunately, it has that bewitched twist lock feedneck.

Edited by Poopfairy35, 16 March 2013 - 07:19 PM.

I am a raccoon.

#22 iStansbury77

iStansbury77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Get enmey, and dont get the alpha balck, you will regret it. As you will with any milsim based paintball marker you purchase. But I would get the Azodin blitz, they will fix your gun for free which is good if you dont have much experiance, and its a simple gun that feels great. Simple controls but easily more than you need.

buy the infinity feedneck for like 15-25 bucks
Please Check out my YouTube profile, I greatly appretiate views on my PB video that are 1080p
www.youtube.com/rkfilms365
No Really My vids are Sexy

#23 urockalex

urockalex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

All guns in this time are reliable. Good, no, I dont like the mini. But it should work just great for you. Are you willing to buy used?

No, I don't like used stuff, just because it might have problems. What about the GoG eXTCy?

#24 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

No, I don't like used stuff, just because it might have problems. What about the GoG eXTCy?

The extcy will be a better choice than the mini for sure

#25 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Get a speedball style marker other then that im leaving this conversation alone lol Posted Image

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#26 pc_baller

pc_baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

i would suggest a gog envy its a very nice gun you can get new in your price range my friend has one that ive shot alot and its so smooth and since you said you dont like the idea of shooting tons of paint you probably dont need the black heart version but the good thing is its milled for eyes so if you do ever decide to get a black heart for it you'll have eyes
+2/-0my feedback

First gain the victory and then make the best use of it---Horatio Nelson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users