9 replies to this topic

#1 urockalex

urockalex

Nobody got time fo dat!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

I am not sure whether to get a tippmann us army alpha black or an electronic small paintball gun like an azodin blitz or spyder fenix. I like how you can put scopes and stocks and many cool upgrades with the tippmann but I don't know if an azodin or spyder or dg is better. I would either want to get a Tippmann us army or a spyder fenix or an Azodin Blitz, which one should I get. Include reliability, upgrades, quality, and other stuff if you can. Thanks.

#2 Rancor

Rancor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

1. Get comfortable mask
2. Compressed air tank
3. Get the gun u want. Personally the ones you listed are the same style of marker (open bolt blow back) and if you can, go try and find a store where you can hold each one and see what you like. Personally I like the spyders for entry/low end (i keep a spyder aggressor in my bag next to my Geo in case i decide to switch or the battery dies.)but it is nice to have the line of sight that the Tippmanns have. I do like playing in the woods with my A5, ecspecially at fields that gun hits don't count.

As for upgrades, there are a slew of upgrades for most any paint gun. Most of the ones out there for the markers you listed don't do much for performance and the Tippmanns are the ones that you can add the scopes, stocks, and esthetic addons to make it look milsim.

Edited by Rancor, 15 March 2013 - 11:56 PM.

The body can heal
The soul can mend
But there's only so far
One's mind can bend

#3 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Tippmanns are crap. The US Army editions are a 98 custom in a shell. They are heavy, they chop, too big, etc. plus a 98 is a rental gun. Spyder isn't good and I absolutely hate my Azodin blitz.

Get a nice mask. Try some on, buy one that is really comfortable.
Than a nice loader. Invert Too, used Proph/rotor, etc.
Get a nice tank. I'm perfectly fine with using a 48/3000, you just need some muscle endurance.
Now get a gun.

Instead of an Azodin Blitz, save $30 and buy and eNVy. You could also get a used eXTCy. Best choice if it's in good shape.

Scopes, sights, etc. can't be used in paintball, they just don't work. A stock makes it harder to use the gun, the tank is supposed to be your stock. Every upgrade you mentioned degrades performance. They just look cool.

#4 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Tippmanns are shit. Spyders and Azodins are the same thing with a different company backing them. But they still shoot kicky and loud. Look at GoG, who make great, cheap spool valve markers that are the top recommended marker here on the TechPB forums for beginners.

Also, before you buy anything, go through the checklist!

1. Do you have a good mask? If not, go buy a high end one that you agree with the fit and feel of it, as well as the given protection. Look at: Vforce Grill, Empire E-Flex, Dye I4, Sly Profits. Never skimp on the mask.

2. Do you have a nice loader? Fast guns can't shoot fast without a nice loader, and lower end guns are more likely to break paint with gravity fed loaders. Do not be cheap with this either, because if you are, whenever you decide to buy a nicer gun, you'd probably need to buy a nicer loader too. Buy any of the superloaders, used or new: Empire Prophecy, Empire Prophecy Z2, Dye Rotor, Virtue Spire, Pinokio.
Or go with great loaders that aren't super loaders, but should work for whatever gun you'll ever own:
Empire Halo Too, Empire Scion, Spyder Fasta 18v, Pinokio on sale.

3. Do you have a carbon fiber tank? If not, go get one. CO2 costs more money and is not good for your gun, as it is not consistent, and is very temperamental in velocity to change in temperature. Get a good HPA tank. Do not get any that are 48/300 or anything x/3000, because those are just heavy, and, as with the loaders, you end up buying a nice one afterwards anyways, wasting around 50-60 dollars. Any 68/4500 or 45/4500 should work for you, when in doubt about size, get a 68/4500. Any manufacturer should be fine as well, as the tanks are all the same, but the regulator is not. I would, however, recommend staying away from PMI, since their regulators are crap. The best ones to look at would be Disruptive, Ninja, and Guerilla Air.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 16 March 2013 - 01:00 PM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#5 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

Azodin is the best of the three

#6 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

All guns are just as accurate as the one next to them. So don't let people say one is better than another in that regard. See if you can try the guns you want before you settle on buying on, then you know if it is one you will like or not. I would stay away from Army Alpha. You are paying for a kit that makes your gun more heavy. If you are going to get a Tippmann, just look at a Model 98 or A5. The other two guns are fairly similar, fairly kick heavy in their shots compared to some other guns in that price range. Personally, I don't have a problem with any of the guns. They shoot people out when I use them...they aren't that bad. Can you get a "Better" gun (i.e. quieter or more efficient or lighter or smoother), yes. Are you going to spend more money to do so, possibly. Play with what you are comfortable with and like.

#7 Wrecking+Crew

Wrecking+Crew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

I am not sure whether to get a tippmann us army alpha black or an electronic small paintball gun like an azodin blitz or spyder fenix. I like how you can put scopes and stocks and many cool upgrades with the tippmann but I don't know if an azodin or spyder or dg is better. I would either want to get a Tippmann us army or a spyder fenix or an Azodin Blitz, which one should I get. Include reliability, upgrades, quality, and other stuff if you can. Thanks.

Get the azodin i"ve shot one it shoots nice pretty reliably my friend has no problem with it yet he has had it for 2 years now not a problem.
You can get different bolts
Different Asa's
different triggers
get a different feedneck (clamping)

But good quality feels good in your hand and good shell

And make shure you get Hpa tank and a electric hopper like halo too or save up your money and get a z2 or a spire

Edited by Wrecking+Crew, 03 April 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#8 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

like everyone has been saying get a nice mask, get a hpa tank ( I am with the bacon man steelie tanks really arent that bad just heavier but half the price, and get a decent loader, once you have those all picked out go and pick up the azodin blitz it is the best of the markers you have named and shouldnt let you dowb out there on the feild

fep quest!: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222650

would do anything for a ccm t2

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

I would recommend fazing away from the Blitz, and instead have a look at GoG markers, such as the eNVy and the eXTCy, or an eNMEy if you want to shoot the best mechanical marker in the under 500 price range.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#10 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

Orange chicken is right for the price gog make amazing markers.
But just in my hands I didn't like the eXTCY, on that note though everyone I have talked to like there's, I have played a couple games with it an it shoots amazing for $249.99

I have never shot the eNVy but I have only heard good things from it

fep quest!: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222650

would do anything for a ccm t2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users