• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Boostgod

Boostgod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

Hey Everyone. My name is Boostgod. I just got into the Paintball scene in December of last year, and I usually go really hard into all my hobbies. I just figured I should post up and let you guys critique my build / setup. So here is my Paintball Story.

I'm 28, and I decided to take my little nephew to a local pb field on Dec 26th. I had so much fun that the next day I decided to buy a used TM7 second gen for $300 Canadian.

It included:

TM7 & Box

a beat junk JT mask,

48/3000 Metal tank,

Remote line, Sling (beat up),

14" apex barrel,

Rip Clip & low pro X7 hopper

Tippman Electro Loader

Double trigger upgrade.

Posted Image

So After I pawed over my new swag, I decided to head out to the local PB field and test her out for the first time

Posted Image

I was new, wearing a hoodie and work pants and I really had a good time. I was sure I wanted to get more into this hobby. I loved the rush/fear of being shot and the real "fight or flight" emotions you feel on the field. What I forgot to mention, was that on my second day playing paintball I went to a Speedball only game, and it was all pros. I got fully lit up that day, but the positive part (besides all the new nipples on my chest) was that I was less afraid of getting shot. Pic of me from that day:

Posted Image

Because I am a hobbyist (I am a semi professional race car driver and instructor) and I also grew up building RC cars, it was time to get busy modding! I mainly like to mod for the sheer fun of it - I just like making something better despite the law of diminishing returns. So it began with the trigger mod (thanks to this site btw)

Posted Image

I really was happy with the mod, but I still wanted to not go crazy. At this point my complete setup looked like this:

Posted Image

I wore a hoody and work pants, and a 4+1 hip pack for my remote and pods. Decent, but still minimal. Was going to games here and there and really enjoying the hobby. When I play I think of it as a real shooting scenario - until I get shot. Thats the only time I "wake up" from the whole thing... its just a great feeling to be on edge and grow in your skill.

So then I had a few beers and "justified" buying more mods [:)] . Best thing ever - if your on the edge of buying cool paintball stuff but cant do it - make the decision drunk it helps a lot. Plus in the morning your kinda happy that its done and the parts are on their way!

Posted Image

As you can see, I went with the APE board and some Magpul goodies. The APE board is really awesome, and once setup its just fantastic - gotta love not having those stupid 3 pull safety shots. The Magpul AFG is also a really great Mod - at least for me, I much prefer that holding style compared to the stock foregrip. I played with the above mods for another few games, but I felt like I needed more firepower so sold the Ripclip that I never really used with my gun and got the following two mods:
Posted Image

The 400rd Pinocchio Loader with a 90ci/4500 ninja carbon tank! Now I figured that I can shoot close to a case of paint. This was the point of no return, I was 100% dedicated to the sport at this point. At this point I had also bought a full Multicam BDU, Custom VForce Profiler mask with dual pane lens, Original Swat boots, M88 Helmet with GoPro mount. I was off to my first big game! Red Dawn 8, 307 person winter game.

Posted Image

Defending the Church

Posted Image

Showing the rear setup^ w/ camelbak

After I got back, I found some really cool pics that a photographer grabbed of me on the front line during the battle:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Un edited heddy cam footage of that day:

Its was a really amazing experience, and I am going to be attending every big game here in Canada and even a few in the USA! So be on the lookout for me!

I was really tired after my first 8hr game, the deep crispy top snow made it pretty tiring to run around. Here is what I looked like at the end of the day, tired and grumpy, ready for bed! (if your into cars - thats my ITR powered EK hatch beater I am standing behind)

Posted Image

That game was just a week or so ago, so this is where I am now from Dec 26th, still not a pro or anything, but I can definitely feel a progression in my skill and I am meeting so amazing people in this hobby / sport!

I know I should stop with the modding but...I... a few nights ago...well... I decided to do one last thing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used the Krylon Fusion Paint. I know that there is a good chance it will scrape off and chip but that doesnt bother me. The Tan goes better with my multicam, and its nice and simple unlike a full camo. I just like the fact that my TM7 is much more MINE now. I know everyone wont agree, but I am happy with it, I'll keep everyone posted with how the finish fairs.

So thats where I am as of today in this hobby, and I'd love to hear any comments about your thoughts my my mods / story or why you love paintball and your story of how you got into it!

Thanks for checking out my load out & story!

-Boost

Edited by Boostgod, 16 March 2013 - 01:38 AM.

#2 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

I think the BUIS are a little goofy but I love the paintjob. Think about getting a cheap red dot instead. It would look better and actually be useful. The AFG is a nice touch but I wish it was flush on the gun. If you like that paintjob consider getting it professionally done. I know they can permanently color polymer gun frames so I am almost positive they can do your shell for the right price. You picked a fairly decent gun for your first choice (one of the few milsim guns that actually perform as well as they look) so that will go a long way towards you enjoying the sport. Do you find that such a large hopper on such a light gun negatively affects the balance of it?

Welcome to the sport and feel free to ask any questions you like.

#3 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

looks awesome! Glad you are enjoying yourself!

#4 That_guy097

That_guy097

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Flag raiders!!! Yes guy!!

How often you go? I play there all the time. While as much as I can lol.

Btw I nice tm7

#5 Boostgod

Boostgod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

I think the BUIS are a little goofy but I love the paintjob. Think about getting a cheap red dot instead. It would look better and actually be useful. The AFG is a nice touch but I wish it was flush on the gun. If you like that paintjob consider getting it professionally done. I know they can permanently color polymer gun frames so I am almost positive they can do your shell for the right price. You picked a fairly decent gun for your first choice (one of the few milsim guns that actually perform as well as they look) so that will go a long way towards you enjoying the sport. Do you find that such a large hopper on such a light gun negatively affects the balance of it?

Welcome to the sport and feel free to ask any questions you like.

I really like the Pinocchio, I'd go as far as saying its the best mod I have. Combined with the APE board its just perfect. At the big scenario game, it was hugely helpful and provided me with a significant advantage. A lot of the seasoned vets use mag fed or just pistols, and when things get hairy, the Pinocchio allows me to give them the support they need in the hairy situations. Also, if you get into a shoot out and you have a full hopper, you can just walk toward your opponent while shooting and it seems to overwhelm them. Your not going to be saving money on paint with it, but if you can afford the paint its the best mod ever!

Balance:

As you noticed, I adjusted the AFG so it sits closer to the front of the gun even though it actually can sit flush. This helps with the balance a bunch and is part of the magic with my setup. The extra weight is noticeable, but the point of the TM7 being light helps with adding crazy things like the Pinocchio. If I had an X7 or something heavy the Pinocchio would be more of a pain with its overall weight - so i try to save where I can. I think the Pinocchio is not for everyone, especially if your seasoned and used to something else.

Firepower:

The Pinocchio allowed me and 2 other guys (both 10 rd mag fed) to hold the top floor of the church for 45mins from over 60 players until we all ran out of ammo. Then we left the building (which was completely swarmed with the oppsoing team) I lied to the guys on the bottom floor and told them there were 10 more guys up top and to be careful - it took them an additional 15mins to take the roof because they thought there were more people up there. So it helps out, big time!

But please dont get one, its heavy, shitty, poorly constructed and smells bad. I dont want everyone getting one, then it wont be an advantage anymore would it?

Edited by Boostgod, 16 March 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#6 Boostgod

Boostgod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

looks awesome! Glad you are enjoying yourself!

Thanks Brother!

Flag raiders!!! Yes guy!!

How often you go? I play there all the time. While as much as I can lol.

Btw I nice tm7

Im trying to go to all the big games this year, ontario wide. I live 5 mins from Flag raiders btw

#7 madsnipes

madsnipes

Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Nice gun, I was going to go to Red Dawn but something else came up.
Are you planning on going to Canadian Carnage this year?

#8 That_guy097

That_guy097

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

[/quote]
. I live 5 mins from Flag raiders btw
[/quote]
Lucky lol

I live an hour and 45 minutes haha

#9 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Awesome set up man! If I ever go back to hopper fed guns, I'd definitely look at getting a TM7. I like the look of it with the Pinokio one there, and we're glad you're enjoying the sport so much!

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#10 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

That was quite an enjoyable read. Wish I had the know-how to more modify my marker. From my speedballer perspective, I can only imagine how frustrating it is to clean off hits if you get lit up. Looks pretty cool actually, however.

Edited by Cj R, 20 March 2013 - 12:59 PM.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#11 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Awesome setup and a good read as well. I'm glad you went back to a single trigger, as a double is unnecessary on a TM7, and with those smaller PDW-type weapons you need as much of a firm grip as you can get.

#12 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:47 AM

I don't think I've ever read any type of beginner story especially it being a milsim/woodsball type esque but boy did I smile until the very end, then i was bitching because the story ended.

Lulzjustacat.png

#13 scmillman

scmillman

Courage, Knowledge, Love

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

lol at back up sights without a primary optic, but it does look cool. one of the sweeter non-magfed milsim setups I think I've ever seen!

Who am I, what am I, and what do I do? I'm a Christian, I'm a Gator, and I'm a drummer.

Feedback - http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=214182

#14 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hey, I also got into paintball late last season and picked up a TM-7 prior to playing Red Dawn, but i was playing for the Russian side. i think every American who was ever on the top floor of that church lied in some way or other :angry: :lol:

I wouldn't worry about the paint scratching and chipping, it will actually break up the solid chunk of colour and that should improve the camouflage effect.

I'm running a different foregrip which doesn't have the wobbly feel of the stock folding grip, and a Dye rotor for my hopper. I just played my first game with my own vest setup, which is very basic with just a horizontal tank pouch, covered remote line, 2 pod pouch, and a hydration bladder at this point. I'll be adding a couple of pouches to my vest, and I'm thinking of a new barrel as well (mostly to make it a bit quieter).

Will you be playing at Battle for the Asylum in 2 weeks?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users