• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ProdigyUndead

ProdigyUndead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Iv posted a few threads on here already and you guys help out more than you know! I appreciate that a whole lot. But i have a few more questions before i take the step and Register. Ok, so obviously its $50 to register. $75 for paint. Im thinking 2 cases since iv never played and my firing rate with me no where compared to the vets out there. So upon registration and paint thats already $200 not counting the $200 to $300 im gonna spend on gas and lodging. The point im trying to get to is all money is going towards just getting there and getting in, so i wont have the money for gear and equipment. Im 6ft 135lbs lol so im pretty scrawny and im sure its gonna hurt like hell on bare skin. Does anyone have any advice on cheap things to bring to atleast give you somewhat protection. I was looking at the living legends site and noticed some people wear tank tops and jeans. As a noob im not sure that the best idea lol. So if you got some cheap ways to save your skin so to speak please let me know. Not sure if i ever mentioned but iv never played! thats why im asking so many questions!

#2 Spike

Spike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Water.... copious amounts of water...
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man. And those who've hunted armed men long enough, and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Royce

#3 badpenny

badpenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Iv posted a few threads on here already and you guys help out more than you know! I appreciate that a whole lot. But i have a few more questions before i take the step and Register. Ok, so obviously its $50 to register. $75 for paint. Im thinking 2 cases since iv never played and my firing rate with me no where compared to the vets out there. So upon registration and paint thats already $200 not counting the $200 to $300 im gonna spend on gas and lodging. The point im trying to get to is all money is going towards just getting there and getting in, so i wont have the money for gear and equipment. Im 6ft 135lbs lol so im pretty scrawny and im sure its gonna hurt like hell on bare skin. Does anyone have any advice on cheap things to bring to atleast give you somewhat protection. I was looking at the living legends site and noticed some people wear tank tops and jeans. As a noob im not sure that the best idea lol. So if you got some cheap ways to save your skin so to speak please let me know. Not sure if i ever mentioned but iv never played! thats why im asking so many questions!

Any kind of dark or neutral colored clothing should work fine. I suggest you dress in layers so you can add more clothing if you feel you don't have enough protection, or you need to shed some if you are getting too hot (it has gotten into the 90+ range in past years). I don't recommend jeans because they are too warm and heavy. If it rains you will never dry.

Also, if you register and need rental equipment I believe that is free (but you need to check with Sean Scott to confirm, and also to make sure they have enough rentals). They also have chest protectors for rent/sale if you need protection.

So this is going to be your first time playing paintball? Ever?

#4 MaxDuell

MaxDuell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Definitely water. Preferably a hydration pack since there's no use in bringing water if you're not drinking it. Remember that sometimes just water alone won't cut it, bring some gatorade or cool-aid packets.

I strongly recommend not wearing jeans. If you're absolutely going with cotton pants, then get some cheap BDUs and get a size large enough that you can move without restriction and crouch without having your ass crack hanging out.

Also, bring some sort of head protection. Knee pads are also quite a blessing. Other than that, I just say man up because it's not paintball without pain.

By the way, if your first paintball experience is at Living Legends, nothing else is ever going to come close.

Edited by MaxDuell, 02 April 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#5 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

Volleyball need pads are a cheap alternative to paintball pads

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#6 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

If you are looking for lodging/hotel roommates please let us know. As far as cheap protection I believe in layers or you should be able to find different low cost pads in the super sale sections.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users