7 replies to this topic

#1 rob76

rob76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

Hey all!

I'm looking into getting a new marker and am sold on Bob Long. I've watched the videos that Mike has (absolutly awsome web site by the way if you see this Mike) and can't decide between the Marq or the Vice. I understand the differences between the two, but still trying to understand a $50 difference. If you guys have any more info for me to help me make a decision it would be most helpfull. Thank you in advance.

#2 XTGFX

XTGFX

YAHTZEE!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

Vice is efficient, light, and stylish and low maintenance
Marq is quieter, and a little more consistent
Would a Marq go faster than a Vice if they both had 4 eyes and a good Tadoa or Virtue
But I would go for the Vice
Posted Image
''Pain is just weakness leaving your body''

#3 Z3R0

Z3R0

Spontaneous Hate Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

I'm not sure what's up with the $50 difference. Anyway that's a pretty small amount when you're talking about $700+ markers...

A friend of mine has a Marq and it's fucking amazing. I've never shot a Vice, but I've shot other poppet valved markers, and the Marq is incredibly smooth feeling for a poppet, and also pretty quiet as well. The Vice does have a significant efficiency advantage over a Marq though, unless you install the Proficiency Engine. Then they're about tied.

-Z3R0

sledgehammerbanner2.jpg
05 Cyborg, 06 Cyborg, PM8, Hybrid NXT, E-Mag

Classic/Pump/SC Mag, Brassterling, CCM 86'd SuperStocker, 2008 Grey Ghost, VM-68 EXC

#4 KonekoZombie PB

KonekoZombie PB

Bob Long Lives in Vice City Why

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

i love my vice it's never let me down but you should go to your local pro shop and hold both of them and try to get a fell for them

Koneko means kitten in Japanese =^.^=

TIMMY MILITIA, **HALO CLAN**, and ze Grammar Nazi's.

#5 Ames

Ames

I hated ions beafore it was cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:24 PM

mike touched on this subject
http://www.youtube.c...re=channel_page
Beautiful Raceframe'd round body CCM S5
Virtue'd Vlocity
68/45 Maxflo
CP 10in .685 barrel

#6 VICE_ROY

VICE_ROY

Stay Thirsty, My Friends...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,440 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

I'll try to touch on something other than what has been said already.

Vice's are almost just as smooth, and VERY easy to maintain. A bit lighter to if you're into that.

Marqs are basically loud versions of a spool valve. VERY smooth. However, maintaining the engine takes some practice/knowledge compared to lubing 2 o rings on a ram.
"I don't always shoot Spool Valves, but when I do, I prefer the Geo2" (The Most Interesting Man In The World)

"All the angles are at angles, there's a bumper inside the bumper, and the reg is completely air flow, flowing air faster in two different directions...and then they cross eachother. The bolt kinda like an Eclipse, it's just a keets-a-bobble. There's always varr-ubles, and you've gotta remember, uhh...there's always varr-ubles" (Bob Long in the G6R Video)

Gewn Owners V4 - Look at Your club, now back at Ours.

#7 rob76

rob76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:10 PM

Thank you all who replied. This helps a lot. My first instinct was to go with a vice and I think that's the way im going to go. Unfortunatly my local pro shop dosen't have them in stock so i can't really compare them in person. So im going to wait till Huntington Beach and check them out at the trade show.

Thanks again!

#8 Boyd

Boyd

My life is one giant *facepalm*.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:54 AM

It really doesn't take much knowledge to know how to lube a marq... if you need any help with that watch a maintenance video on youtube.

I own a Vice, and I owned a marq. The Marq is much smoother, quieter and less efficient. The Vice is lighter, louder, has a tiny bit more kick and is more efficient.
I personally liked the feel of the marq more.

QUOTE (idontwalk @ May 15 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take a shit in the bitches living room with a note saying "get the guns back or it happens again". Cause after all, who wants to clean up a pile of shit in the middle of their living room...twice.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users