10 replies to this topic

#1 InvertMinifan

InvertMinifan

#9 The Movement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

I am looking into getting a new marker. I have my choices down to The reflex rail or drone or the etha. I have shot an etha and like the shot and the trigger. I like the trigger on the drone but not the PSP mode as im playing in some tournaments where PSP 3 shot is allowed. I like the trigger on the reflex but dont like how close the reg is to the trigger frame plus i dont like the eye pipe idea. Havent seen any good reviews on the Etha, Drone, or Reflex rail. (i have watched mikes reviews on all 3)
LOADOUT 1: Invert Mini, Dye Rotor, Empire barrel kit, Vforce profilers, Infamous Headband, Colts beanie, CP 3+4 pack, Empire pants and Jersey, Redz Elbow pads, Franklin Knee pads.
"Empire called, Im here to repo your gear"- Todd Martinez

#2 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Axe... Posted Image

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#3 Zaxion

Zaxion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

I personally like the Reflex more since it is using the Dye UL Frame, and is pretty much a Dye DM11. I like the Etha next just for all the features, like the EMC Rail Kit. But I dont like it because the vibration with the stock bolt I've heard that they have a TechT bolt out, and then you can also take out the Spring and that'll lessen the vibration. Then the MacDev I havent shot so I guess you'll have to factor that in.
Hope this helps!

#4 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

The psp mode on the drone got fixed, I like mine personally. It's a great little simple gun that's really quiet and efficient.

#5 Totes Magotes

Totes Magotes

Latress on the menjay.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

I personally like the Reflex more since it is using the Dye UL Frame, and is pretty much a Dye DM11.

Sorry but the reflex rail is NOT EVEN CLOSE to being a DM11

The only thing those guns basically share is a feedneck and ul airport. The DM is a far superior marker.

That being said I would still take the reflex over the drone or etha.

Also a lot of people hate on the eye pipes but ive never cracked an eyepipe and it is pretty simple to change the detents or eyepipe if you need to

Edited by Totes Magotes, 18 March 2013 - 12:58 AM.

Posted Image

#6 InvertMinifan

InvertMinifan

#9 The Movement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Im leaning more towards etha because it doesnt have the eye pipe and they have a repair center in Rhode Island.
LOADOUT 1: Invert Mini, Dye Rotor, Empire barrel kit, Vforce profilers, Infamous Headband, Colts beanie, CP 3+4 pack, Empire pants and Jersey, Redz Elbow pads, Franklin Knee pads.

#7 kornerkutz

kornerkutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Have you considered looking into an axe, because it smokes all of them.

#8 InvertMinifan

InvertMinifan

#9 The Movement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

My dad has an axe and i like it but i need a little bigger grip plus the axe has issues in the rain.

#9 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Okay here's how I'm gonna break this down. I have owned both an etha and a reflex rail, and am about to purchase a drone.
1) the etha is the least smooth and also the loudest. That being said,its by no means a crack or a jackhammer, its a fantastic little gun for the price. I didn't like the panel grips, little thin for my taste. The trigger was alright, nothing too ooze over. Its definitely a great all round performer
2) the reflex rail is probably one of the best feeling guns around. The grip and ul frame on it is fantastic, the trigger is nice (some say too stiff) there's rubber on the reg and the macroline is streamlined. The shot is a nice spool chuff, smooth and quiet. However, if your field fills to 3000,you have to pay by fill or you shoot lots of paint in tournaments, DO NOT GET IT. The efficiency is piss poor. I was stretching it to get to 5 pods on a hot 68/45.
3)The drone is the conclusion I have arrived at, being able to hold it recently. The trigger is nothing to brag about, but its certainly not terrible. Its just shaped a bit oddly, less rounded at the edges. From all I've heard its smooth as if not smoother than the reflex. Its a simple design and it works
Also they fixed the psp mode as of January 13, so if you buy a drone new or one that's used that was purchased after that date, it will have the one second timeout

Edited by asthmaticrhino, 19 March 2013 - 02:30 PM.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#10 InvertMinifan

InvertMinifan

#9 The Movement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Okay here's how I'm gonna break this down. I have owned both an etha and a reflex rail, and am about to purchase a drone.
1) the etha is the least smooth and also the loudest. That being said,its by no means a crack or a jackhammer, its a fantastic little gun for the price. I didn't like the panel grips, little thin for my taste. The trigger was alright, nothing too ooze over. Its definitely a great all round performer
2) the reflex rail is probably one of the best feeling guns around. The grip and ul frame on it is fantastic, the trigger is nice (some say too stiff) there's rubber on the reg and the macroline is streamlined. The shot is a nice spool chuff, smooth and quiet. However, if your field fills to 3000,you have to pay by fill or you shoot lots of paint in tournaments, DO NOT GET IT. The efficiency is piss poor. I was stretching it to get to 5 pods on a hot 68/45.
3)The drone is the conclusion I have arrived at, being able to hold it recently. The trigger is nothing to brag about, but its certainly not terrible. Its just shaped a bit oddly, less rounded at the edges. From all I've heard its smooth as if not smoother than the reflex. Its a simple design and it works
Also they fixed the psp mode as of January 13, so if you buy a drone new or one that's used that was purchased after that date, it will have the one second timeout

Thanks. This is very helpful

#11 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Im leaning more towards etha because it doesnt have the eye pipe and they have a repair center in Rhode Island.

ethas are bricks. its pretty hard to brake a brick
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users