• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LastCanadianCowboy

LastCanadianCowboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

Now I've seen a few threads that have most of the same info, but i can't find all the info i need(or im just too lazy). I've basicly made up my mind that i want the G3 SE, but there are a few questions i have.

1. With the stock barrel, how long is it? Is it really worth upgrading for a $30 CP barrel or getting a CP 2 piece.

2. Im almost certain about this but just to make sure, does the new G3 SE come with PSP3?

3. Is setting up the gun straight out of the box easy? I'm not very good with a lot of gun maitenence, so would it be a good decision to pay the extra $40 to buy from my local field? (If you buy from there you get lifetime maitenence, and they attach the macroline and fittings and make everything battle ready) (( and ive heard about a problem people like me have adjusting a part i think on the reg where if u tighten it too far u have to replace the part, is it different with the SE

4. I heard the trigger is kinda sloppy, but is it really so bad that you have to replace immediatly?

5. I might get the techT bolt, but before i do i want to know does it really make that big of a difference?

6. Finnaly, what colour would you suggest? (I'm thinking about the red/black or jungle green)

I think thats all the questions i have, and im sorry if this is already a thread. Thanks :)

Edit: I have empire reloader b, will the two be good together? If not, plz say which hopper would.

Edited by LastCanadianCowboy, 27 March 2009 - 02:11 PM.

if your under 18 and pay for your own gear, put this in ur sig
UL Black PMR / Empire Reloader B

#2 Ames

Ames

I hated ions beafore it was cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

1. the stock barrel is 14", it isnt really worth getting the CP since it already has a good quality 2 piece standard.
2. yes, it does come with 3 shot
3. its really easy to set up the gun out of the box, all you need to do is put in the macro line in. i think the reg might be turned off, when you air it up for the first time and if the solenoid just clicks. turn the screw in the bottom of the reg 3 turns COUNTERCLOCKWISE and thats it.
4. the trigger isnt too bad. you can replace it if you want, but first play with it and see what you think
5. my dealer told me that the techt bolt doesnt improve preformance at all
6 Red/black looks awesome
Beautiful Raceframe'd round body CCM S5
Virtue'd Vlocity
68/45 Maxflo
CP 10in .685 barrel

#3 Reaper9678

Reaper9678

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

1. Yes it is worth it to upgrade. but the stock one is Great for me.
2.PsP 3 Shot is on the SE's Board
3.Yes it would be a great decision to buy it locally if you can makes things alot cheaper in the long run.
4.No, i have a G3 and it does not bother me one bit that it wiggles a little maybe if youve owned a $1500 gun and are used to it being perfectly still then yea it would be.
5.IM not going to suggest anything cause i have not used it.
6.Red/Black is amazing looking but again paintball is Personal Preference.

Edited by Reaper9678, 26 March 2009 - 06:01 PM.

Posted Image
Dye DM6 with CP on/off and Virte OLED Board, Reloader B, Ninja 68/4500

#4 Texas Cheezburgr

Texas Cheezburgr

:D :O :S

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

Now I've seen a few threads that have most of the same info, but i can't find all the info i need(or im just too lazy). I've basicly made up my mind that i want the G3 SE, but there are a few questions i have.

1. With the stock barrel, how long is it? Is it really worth upgrading for a $30 CP barrel or getting a CP 2 piece.

2. Im almost certain about this but just to make sure, does the new G3 SE come with PSP3?

3. Is setting up the gun straight out of the box easy? I'm not very good with a lot of gun maitenence, so would it be a good decision to pay the extra $40 to buy from my local field? (If you buy from there you get lifetime maitenence, and they attach the macroline and fittings and make everything battle ready) (( and ive heard about a problem people like me have adjusting a part i think on the reg where if u tighten it too far u have to replace the part, is it different with the SE

4. I heard the trigger is kinda sloppy, but is it really so bad that you have to replace immediatly?

5. I might get the techT bolt, but before i do i want to know does it really make that big of a difference?

6. Finnaly, what colour would you suggest? (I'm thinking about the red/black or jungle green)

I think thats all the questions i have, and im sorry if this is already a thread. Thanks :)

1. Get a CP barrel.
2. Yes.
3. Very easy to set up.
4. The trigger is a fairly good trigger. You can always upgrade tho.
5. If you just want to burn some money. Go ahead and buy the TechT bolt. :P
6. red/black is sexy.
This user has been banned for repeated trolling and breaking the rules here at TechPB. Sorry Texas, you are no longer welcome here at TechPB

#5 zero7ven

zero7ven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:03 PM

I got the red/black one and it is indeed S-E-X-Y!
Proud member of the G3 Owners Club

DP G3 SE - Red/Black
68/45 Ninja
Halo v35 w/Rip - Smoke

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users