Photo

Where did all these silly claims come from?

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#1 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

Ive been browsing about for reviews on markers and whatnot so I can recommend a marker for my friend. I already have the GoG eNMEy and the eXTCy in mind. The only field we go to is Disruptive, which has mostly speedball style fields.
Problem is, he already looked up reviews for guns, and is hard set on either a Tippmann 98 or an A5. I told him right, and he still refused. I asked him why, and he said that these guns are the most reliable and the tough and accurate. Fair enough, I thought, common mistake for a beginner. Then he said that online he read everywhere that these guns are good for beginners to advanced players alike, or beginners to pros. I thought to myself: "Hah since when?" But I looked up reviews those tippmanns just now to check, and I see this statement everywhere I go. Where did that come from?!
Its like Jack Rice and the Alien Invasion all over again!

*jackriceflameshieldoncauseiwaskiddingkinda*

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#2 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

No one wants to think the gun they just bought is shit... take him out to a field and let him rent a 98 and then ask him what he thinks lol Sure they can take a beating but thats what they are made for they are literally work horses. As far as going anywhere other then straight to the woods with the 98 or the A5 show him some footage of any D5 team and ask if he sees any Tippmanns at all out there other then maybe a Crossfire.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Let him shoot a rental, an then the eNMEy, and he can see ow wrong he is.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

The uninformed inform the uninformed.

I love you.

#5 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

The uninformed inform the uninformed.

#6 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

YALL ARE TIPMANN HATTERS!

Anyway, probably nonsense spread from 9 year olds doing reviews on the gun at the same time as unboxing it, and from sites like pbreview, both provide a good laugh though.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#7 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Let him buy whatever he wants
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#8 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

YALL ARE TIPMANN HATTERS!Anyway, probably nonsense spread from 9 year olds doing reviews on the gun at the same time as unboxing it, and from sites like pbreview, both provide a good laugh though.

What are Tipmann Hatters? Save yourself the time and effort. If he is convinced a Tippmann is for him, let him get one. And if and when he realizes he made the wrong decision, you can now tell him "I told you so".

#9 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

It almost like there is a phase every beginner has to go through. I know i did, had a 98 that i wanted to mod the shit out of.If you like Milsim and all that stuff more power to you but there is one thing being a beginner and another thing being a beginner with a heavy ass tippmann. A guy in my class said he wanted to buy his own gear after playing a few times. He had a fairly large budget and you could buy a very nice setup for that money. But he immidietely wanted to buy a magfed marker. Again, nothing wrong with magfed and milsim. I personally think that is not the route to go for a beginner.

Edited by Carolus Rex, 18 March 2013 - 04:43 PM.

o8qo.jpg

#10 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

So much ignorance, there is nothing wrong with wanting to own a Tippmann, they have been around forever and there is a reason people chose them for rental guns.
Are they ideal for a speedball type course? no. But they will do the job. Every tme you bitch and moan about Tippmann products you never go into detail about WHY they are OBVIOUSLY so horrid, you just give this vague statement about how obviously shitty they are. I'm not sure even you now why you hate them so much. Take your head out of your ass and let people enjoy paintball however the hell they want.

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

I just really dont want him suffering through the same trial and error as I did when he started, especially with his low budget. I at least managed to convince him to get a nice mask (Vforce grill) and a used HPA tank from this guy at the field, and im lending him my halo. But I started, I went immediately to the brands I heard of at the field. Planet Eclipse? Fuck that, too expensive, for rich kids I guess. Spyder? Everyone says they break, and arent those the rentals at the field? Tippmann? I heard those are awesome. So I scourged pbreview and tippmann forums for advice, and got a tippmann 98 custom, but not before I got a jt tac 5m recon, and heard that jts suck. So I got a tippmann. Then I was obsessed with upgrades and milsim addons. The only thing that was stopping me from that route was my lack of budget. Luckily I stumbled upon mike in youtube, loved his videos, visited the forums, and learned whats what. Im trying to prevent him from spending the 300 dollars I did just to learn what I know now.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Tippmanns are nice and they will get the job done, however they are more for scenario or recball play if you ask me. I started with a Gryphon and honestly, I did decently against all the electronic markers, but not as great as you can. Obviously a electronic marker is much better on a speedball / sup'air field then a tippmann is. With maybe the exception being the Crossover now.

If he is hell bend on a tippmann, then at least direct him towards the Crossover. He will get the same robustness, but would be able to compete much better.

#13 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Whats wrong with tippmanns.
Let people like what they like, just because most people on this site prefer speedball guns why should you hate on those that don't.

#14 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Let people like what they like, just because most people on this site prefer speedball guns why should you hate on those that don't.

Because sometimes people think they like Tippmanns when they don't.

I love you.

#15 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

experienced doesn't necessarily mean speedball or tournament style play. experienced players and pros play rec too. if it shoots a ball reliably those players are probably going to mow less experienced internet warriors with highends on any field. let the guy get what he wants. working your way through guns is part of the fun of paintball.

Edited by drg, 18 March 2013 - 07:45 PM.

Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#16 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Because sometimes people think they like Tippmanns when they don't.

Thing is, the contrapositive statement is also true.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#17 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

I never understand the constant bashing by some here on Tippmanns... They work great, have been around forever, and look cool.

We get it, some don't like them, but stop trying to control what other people want or like... Do what you want, but belittling others for their choices in gear is demeaning.

#18 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

You know something I have to say is the hatting on certain brands of markers it what kills paintballs. I mean you get a Tippmann and go to a board and people try and make you feel like you made a bad choice. Giving new people hard time about their gear is a quick way to make them quit. Funny thing is some people on this site blame Ramping for killing the game and it is the speedball markers loaded with those features. It is interesting that many on the side do the first and feel the second is hurting the game. Because if ramping is hurting the game then a Tippmann would be a good way to go.

Now that said you have to fit the style of gun to the player. I got my phenom because yes I have always liked Tippmann markers. But I wanted a big woodsgun for senerio play I don't want to play with a spacegun in those type games. Does that mean the gun weighs more and has stuff I may not need. Yes but I love the gun and hold my own on any field. On the other hand my daughters EXTCY will be in this week because it meets her style of play. We will both be happy. Now would I like another gun yep I already want to replace my Phenom with a DAM but no way I am paying that type of money for a DAM so I am happy. Unless I can figure out how to come up with $1300 and my wife not notice. Like that is going to happen ;) My daughter of course wants a Luxe. My answer was get a JOB! :)

#20 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

People are just yet to see the true power of Tippmanns, they're a pretty new company and are constantly pushing new tech, so its understandable people be a little cautious.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#21 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Are you all mentally ill? No one is "hating" on Tippmanns they are just horrible first markers. Heres why. Most new players are kids and kids have no idea what the hell they want. They buy a A-5 then see a speedball match and say but wait I want to do that now... now their parents have spend 200 bucks on a gun that will literally be useless in the type of paintball they want to play? Tippmann reels in players with great prices and bullet proof markers then as soon as they want a taste of something else they realize the mistake they have made? If you want to spend less then 300 dollars dont get a Tippmann. Is this a rule everyone should follow? No if your happy to go in the woods until you eat dirt who cares but its retarded to say oh your just hating on a great company when that company produces markers that are literally going to be thrown out as soon as little Johnny realizes he wants to play speedball every once in the blue which many do. Hell everyone shit on the Ion and it has twice the growth potential as any Tippmann? Thats what new players need more then anything from their products growth potential because most are on a budget and young. Its not that Tippmann makes a bad product but they make a horrible product for new players which coincidentally is their primary demographic. Why do you think everyone suggests the eNEMy? Its not because dey haters its because its an intelligent choice for a new player who doesnt know what the hell they want to do in our sport....

/End Rant haters gonna hate my ass...

Edited by spqr-king, 18 March 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#22 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

My first Gun was an Etek2. I was a smart noob.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#23 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Are you all mentally ill?

I'm usually called "clinically insane" but that works too.

#24 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

People are just yet to see the true power of Tippmanns, they're a pretty new company and are constantly pushing new tech, so its understandable people be a little cautious.

So yeah, that's pretty accurate.

I love you.

#25 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

As I have posted a few times before. My first marker was a Tippmann Sierra One. When I first bought it I put every piece of tacticool shit on it. I literally dumped over 400$ dollar on a 190$ marker. Almost 600$ spent on a single Marker. I sold it to a kid I know for 105$. 600$ could have bought me an AXE or an ETEK 4 + a hopper. I got really fucked over. Ever since then I've made it my goal to drive away as many away from that same fate. It's hard though because most of the paintball stuff out there on the internet , TV and magazines is about how "Durable" and "Reliable" their markers are and cool it is to dress up like GI Joe and shoot your tactical M16 paintball marker in the woods. IMO Tippmann's are great (I own a TiPX) but they bring along too much "baggage" of upgrades and Tacticool and that's why I advise others to keep away from them...

Wait who's posting this to Facebook ? :ph34r:

Posted Image

#26 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Its not that people hate tippmanns,it's just that a lot of people probably had bad experiences with them,got a better gun/guns,then tried to tell people that a,for example,GOG enmey is much better than a 98,tried to explain why,were not listened to,then the cycle continued.

#27 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Are you all mentally ill? No one is "hating" on Tippmanns they are just horrible first markers. Heres why. Most new players are kids and kids have no idea what the hell they want. They buy a A-5 then see a speedball match and say but wait I want to do that now... now their parents have spend 200 bucks on a gun that will literally be useless in the type of paintball they want to play? Tippmann reels in players with great prices and bullet proof markers then as soon as they want a taste of something else they realize the mistake they have made? If you want to spend less then 300 dollars dont get a Tippmann. Is this a rule everyone should follow? No if your happy to go in the woods until you eat dirt who cares but its retarded to say oh your just hating on a great company when that company produces markers that are literally going to be thrown out as soon as little Johnny realizes he wants to play speedball every once in the blue which many do. Hell everyone shit on the Ion and it has twice the growth potential as any Tippmann? Thats what new players need more then anything from their products growth potential because most are on a budget and young. Its not that Tippmann makes a bad product but they make a horrible product for new players which coincidentally is their primary demographic. Why do you think everyone suggests the eNEMy? Its not because dey haters its because its an intelligent choice for a new player who doesnt know what the hell they want to do in our sport....

Am I mentally ill? Maybe, but remarks like that are great for a rational debate and just prove what I was saying. Really after a remark like that I don't even need to read the rest of your post. Because clearly someone making remarks like that must want to see the sport expand.

#28 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

As I have posted a few times before. My first marker was a Tippmann Sierra One. When I first bought it I put every piece of tacticool shit on it. I literally dumped over 400$ dollar on a 190$ marker. Almost 600$ spent on a single Marker. I sold it to a kid I know for 105$. 600$ could have bought me an AXE or an ETEK 4 + a hopper. I got really fucked over. Ever since then I've made it my goal to drive away as many away from that same fate. It's hard though because most of the paintball stuff out there on the internet , TV and magazines is about how "Durable" and "Reliable" their markers are and cool it is to dress up like GI Joe and shoot your tactical M16 paintball marker in the woods. IMO Tippmann's are great (I own a TiPX) but they bring along too much "baggage" of upgrades and Tacticool and that's why I advise others to keep away from them...

Wait who's posting this to Facebook ? :ph34r:

Year is the guestion you need to ask. Why did you buy the Tippmann? You bought it because you wanted a milsim look marker. Is the look part of what got you in to the sport? I would bet it was otherwise you wouldn't have put all the extras to the gun. If all the guns looked like spaceguns would you have been drawn to the game? Many people only get drawn to the game because of the look and there is nothing wrong with that. Will some of them decide they want to play speedball sure. Then again how many are going to say heck with this sport because people treat them like an idiot or call them Mental Ill for buying a Tippmann.

It is one thing to say I wouldn't buy this gun for X, Y, and Z reason. But I can tell you as a newer player to many of the people trying to push people away from Tippmans take a very wrong additued towards those players and you guys are pushing people away from the game even if you are well meaning in your intentions. Any paintball gun someone owns is an awsome marker for them period!

Now do I think people should try multiple types of paintball games before buying a gun sure. Do I think I Tippmann is for everyone no. But they are for some people. Everyone has different taste. But when people come across with some of the remarks I see on this board. Well the way some of the remarks come off it is no wonder some feel the sport is dying.

#29 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Tippmann markers are now overpriced for their performance compared to the competition. End of story.

#30 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Am I mentally ill? Maybe, but remarks like that are great for a rational debate and just prove what I was saying. Really after a remark like that I don't even need to read the rest of your post. Because clearly someone making remarks like that must want to see the sport expand.

I'm pretty sure I have done more to expand the sport then half the people up in here so read the rest of the post you dork... It's bad for the sport when new players waste all their money on a marker they won't use for more then a year. Come back to me when you let kids use your full setup post the footage on YouTube and then deal with all the hate comments while going to college, writing for one of the largest paintball websites in the world while also playing for a college team which I started... I love this sport more then pretty much any other hobby I could have why else would I dump my time into it...

Edited by spqr-king, 18 March 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#31 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Posted Image

#32 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

I'm pretty sure I have don't more to expand the sport then half the people up in here so read the rest of the post you dork... It's bad for the sport when new players waste all their money on a marker they won't use for more then a year. Come back to me when you let kids use your full setup post the footage on YouTube and then deal with all the hate comments while going to college, writing for one of the largest paintball websites in the world while also playing for a college team which I started... I love this sport more then pretty much any other hobby I could have why else would I dump my time into it...

Yet you respond with more name calling.

I am going to tell you this normally I just stop taking someone that resorts to name calling over and over again. You have now done it twice. But I have ready your other post so I am going to do something I normally wouldn't. I am going to respond the second time. I actually believe you care a lot about the sport. But the way you come across is miss guided. You have called me a Dork and asked if I am mentally ill because you disagree with you. Do you thing someone who hasn't read your past post to see your passion for the game or someone that is brand new is ever going to take your advice seriously when you talk to people like that in what should be an honest debate on peoples opinions? Think about that before you answer because all the things you have done or are trying to do don't mean anything if you talk to people like that. Why would a new person such as myself ever respect a thing you say when you talk to people like that?

As I have stated there are reasons to own a Tippann and reasons not too. You stroke every thing it to a one side fits all brush. I but a Milsim style marker because I am going to play in at least 4 senerio games this year. Do I enjoy the airball games they are ok but I enjoy the woods the most and I always will. Those tourny games encourage me to attempt things that will hurt my old body. So I know what I am going to play.

When I listen to people paint such a broad brush all I think is I hope I don't have to play with someone so who is going to judge me based on the marker I use. I have read your post wanting paintball back on TV to grow the sport. But I promise you attacking people on what marker they pick and name calling is doing more to hurt this sport than anything.

Edited by Exile308, 18 March 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#33 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

There is no right/wrong answer and that's what people don't seem to understand. You just can't generalize these things.

#34 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Uh Oh, they are starting to write angry paragraphs...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Tippmann is a VERY old company, they made a lot of cool tech.

Hi majority of us wouldn't even be this sport without Tippmann, I sure wouldn't.

Also if a 98 custom fits you then why switch? I had a 98 Custom upgraded to the max and even to this day I would take my E-bolt 98 custom over my G6R, it was by far the best gun I ever had for myself... it was a real piece of art work...

I shot a 98 custom for nearly a Decade, it was the best platform for any player, and you never have to even think about one ever taking a "dump" They work 110% of the time, I have already been to the field numerous times where my stuff just crapped out on me and never once has any Tippmann of any kind just took a shit, and for me I'd rather play with a gun I know no matter what happens will shoot a paintball, while some markers just like to take a dump.

Edit: you also don't know how many times I look at a Crossover and just wonder if I would like it. I have nearly bought one I think 6 times now. :(

Edited by Panda Man, 18 March 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#36 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

I'm pretty sure I have don't more to expand the sport then half the people up in here so read the rest of the post you dork... It's bad for the sport when new players waste all their money on a marker they won't use for more then a year. Come back to me when you let kids use your full setup post the footage on YouTube and then deal with all the hate comments while going to college, writing for one of the largest paintball websites in the world while also playing for a college team which I started... I love this sport more then pretty much any other hobby I could have why else would I dump my time into it...

Yet you respond with more name calling.

I am going to tell you this normally I just stop taking someone that resorts to name calling over and over again. You have now done it twice. But I have ready your other post so I am going to do something I normally wouldn't. I am going to respond the second time. I actually believe you care a lot about the sport. But the way you come across is miss guided. You have called me a Dork and asked if I am mentally ill because you disagree with you. Do you thing someone who hasn't read your past post to see your passion for the game or someone that is brand new is ever going to take your advice seriously when you talk to people like that in what should be an honest debate on peoples opinions? Think about that before you answer because all the things you have done or are trying to do don't mean anything if you talk to people like that. Why would a new person such as myself ever respect a thing you say when you talk to people like that?

As I have stated there are reasons to own a Tippann and reasons not too. You stroke every thing it to a one side fits all brush. I but a Milsim style marker because I am going to play in at least 4 senerio games this year. Do I enjoy the airball games they are ok but I enjoy the woods the most and I always will. Those tourny games encourage me to attempt things that will hurt my old body. So I know what I am going to play.

When I listen to people paint such a broad brush all I think is I hope I don't have to play with someone so who is going to judge me based on the marker I use. I have read your post wanting paintball back on TV to grow the sport. But I promise you attacking people on what marker they pick and name calling is doing more to hurt this sport than anything.

I consider Dork very endearing... regardless you should just stop taking things so personally... I never referenced or quoted you? People who recommend these markers to new players are hurting paintball more then I could punching kids in the face when they go to the field I play at... These new players dont have money and by recommending a inferior marker that can literally play only one aspect of the sport will get them out of paintball quicker then them asking a question on PBN... Im not even saying Tippmanns are bad markers just that they are horrible starter markers when kids dont know what they want out of paintball yet. You are hurting the sport if you really come down to it.

This ideal is true for ALL NEW PLAYERS when you buy your first marker make sure it will grow with you and allow you to play different aspects of paintball. Not doing so is like buying a car specially built for drifting then finding out that NASCAR is what you really want to race except these kids have NO money so they are stuck with these bad decisions which results in them wasting even more money that they could be using to actually play with or even worse just leaving the sport all together.

No one is judging people who use Tippmanns just people who recommend them to new players just because it works for them... paintball is not just a single road there are multiple paths that people may want to take and any Tippmann under 300 dollars puts you on train tracks. There is no going anywhere else with a Tippmann other then the woods there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that if that is what you want by all means go ahead but promoting a inferior marker to new players with little money is just wrong so if your worried about helping paintball out recommend a marker that allows growth and development in a player rather then something that stifles their development as a player.

Edited by spqr-king, 18 March 2013 - 11:07 PM.

#37 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Nobody RECOMMENDED Tippmann, simply told the OP to let their friend buy what they want, lots of people use Tippmann and love it.

Everyone assumes each player is going to want to leave the woodsball field and hop onto the speedball field once they see it.
Maybe his friend is going to end up being a MilSim guy? loving the realistic battle aspect of the game. Let a person make their own choices.

#38 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

Hai guise dis is mah Ion!!!

Both of you grow up! Agree to disagree before this turns Into a bitchfest

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#39 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

Maybe the person buying the marker should sit down and actually ask themselves what they want out of this sport... are they going to stick to the woods, are they wanting to kind of stay at a beginner/rec level (not that rec players are beginners), are they wanting to take their game and advance up the "ladder" ?

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with a Tippmann product if your only going to be playing woodsball, or staying at the recreational level as 95% of players want a gun that they know is going to work when they get to the field. I have several that i use for rec play, along with imps and older angels

Once they sit and do their research, then get up and experience some paintball and reassess their feelings toward their play style...

At that point they can make a self-informed decision because lets face it YOUR OPINION IS YOUR OWN AND DOESN'T WORK FOR EVERYONE ELSE!!!! Now if they ask for advice, don't be a douche and say everything but the guns you like are trash.

#40 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Why is an intelligent discussion about two opinions a bitchfest? Also new players don't know how to make an educated decision because they are new... Did you know the best car to buy your first time without research or help? I never said everyone runs straight to the speedball field read what I wrote. Almost all kids at some point want to dip their toes in competitive paintball which they can't with a Tippmann below 300 dollars. We are talking about a fresh out of the gate player most likely a child who doesn't know jack about the sport and even less about what they want out of it. By recommending a 98 or an A5 you are literally condemning them to a few options either they play woodsball forever or they sell that marker if they want to even attempt to play speedball. Now say they buy an eNEMy guess what they can play any type of paintball and still have an alright time without having to upgrade their marker or spending money they don't have, money that could be use to get out and play.

Edited by spqr-king, 19 March 2013 - 07:42 AM.

#41 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Why is an intelligent discussion about two opinions a bitchfest? Also new players don't know how to make an educated decision because they are new... Did you know the best car to buy your first time without research or help? I never said everyone runs straight to the speedball field read what I wrote. Almost all kids at some point want to dip their toes in competitive paintball which they can't with a Tippmann below 300 dollars. We are talking about a fresh out of the gate player most likely a child who doesn't know jack about the sport and even less about what they want out of it. By recommending a 98 or an A5 you are literally condemning them to a few options either they play woodsball forever or they sell that marker if they want to even attempt to play speedball. Now say they buy an eNEMy guess what they can play any type of paintball and still have an alright time without having to upgrade their make

#42 JJwarns

JJwarns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

Tippmann markers are now overpriced for their performance compared to the competition. End of story.

AMEN, thank you. My buddy was trying to sell me on getting an A5 because he just got into paintball (im 19) and at the time I owned an azodin kaos. I read reviews saying how heavy the Kaos is, but nothing compared to the 4 pound A5 my buddy let me hold OH MAN. I had a new appreciation for "speedball" guns after that day. IMO the best paintball markers are designed, engineered, and manufactured as paintball MARKERS rather than replica firearms. Anyway, KCCO techpb.
JJWarns
GoG eNMey
68/4500
Halo Too

#43 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

Also I own none of the guns I have mentioned I just know this for a fact is the correct way to start playing paintball as a new player. I started with a SP Impulse back in 2004 and guess what when my Dad wanted me to play speedball with him I could do it and then if my friends from school wanted to play woodsball hell I went out and did that but when they tried to come play speedball with me guess who got wrecked and never wanted to play again because they couldn't shoot their markers fast enough... This is for new players fresh out of the gate to allow the marker to grow with them but also allow them to experiment with the sport!

#44 JJwarns

JJwarns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:50 AM

Why is an intelligent discussion about two opinions a bitchfest? Also new players don't know how to make an educated decision because they are new... Did you know the best car to buy your first time without research or help? I never said everyone runs straight to the speedball field read what I wrote. Almost all kids at some point want to dip their toes in competitive paintball which they can't with a Tippmann below 300 dollars. We are talking about a fresh out of the gate player most likely a child who doesn't know jack about the sport and even less about what they want out of it. By recommending a 98 or an A5 you are literally condemning them to a few options either they play woodsball forever or they sell that marker if they want to even attempt to play speedball. Now say they buy an eNEMy guess what they can play any type of paintball and still have an alright time without having to upgrade their marker or spending money they don't have, money that could be use to get out and play.

You're a stubborn fella!
JJWarns
GoG eNMey
68/4500
Halo Too

#45 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

You're a stubborn fella!

True. I just want to see new players flourish in the sport which should not be a douche bag move. If I have to pound my point into people for them to realize I'm not just a hater so be it... I swear no one even read what I wrote half the time...

#46 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Problem is you guys hating on Tippmanns are flat WRONG.

You are entitled to being wrong, so go ahead, but seriously, how many threads do you need bashing Tippmanns?!?

First off, what is wrong with them, exactly? Three pages in, and nothing that actually points out anything wrong with Tippmann products...

All I've seen is the fact that some of you are HORRIBLE traders... You own a $600 gun, and you sell it for $100... Duh... Do you not know about ebay? I sold an A-5 on there a few months ago, for over $300... (I got it off craigslist in trade for a compound bow, that cost me $10) If you have parts worth that kind of money SELL THEM individually... It really isn't rocket science.

So yeah, clearly some of you are bad at buying and selling... But, that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Tippmann's. Just your inability to make a decent trade... Learn more about trading/selling and you won't lose so much money next time.

Lets talk facts for a minute here. My Tippmann using Co2 and a remote coil shoots extremely well. I have countless videos showing that fact. I have the longest shots on record shooting regular paint (350 feet). I have tons of videos showing ONE shot kills, at close range AND long range. And yet, somehow you want me to believe my marker is crap, and I am stupid for using it... Seriously... Wake up, you are WRONG.

I played with my A-5 all winter this year, and didn't tear it apart a single time.... It works every time, in the cold (with Co2 as well) even in well below freezing temperatures. I got my current A-5 for $100 on craigslist. And if I felt like it, I would play speedball with it no problem. As I can HIT what I am shooting at with my first shot, I don't need a string of paint to hit my target. If I do want a string of paint, I can do that too semi auto. As I know how to pull the trigger and hit what I am aiming at.

That all comes from muscle memory, and shooting a ton. I have literally worn out 6 cyclone ratchets in my years of playing (including the aluminum tech t ratchet)... So yeah, I have shot it a TON over the years. And yet, it shoots +/- 2 fps with Co2 on average.

So my $100 marker does all that with a $20 co2 tank, and a $20 remote coil. My mask I got for free. And you know what, if I quit today, I could sell it for what I have in it no problem. I have always MADE money on every "trade" I have done, and I ONLY deal in Tippmanns. So next time you want to bash Tippmanns, realize some guys really like them, and it is insulting for you to act like we are beneath your skill level because we CHOOSE to use Tippmanns.

I welcome any one of you to come to my field and try facing me in a one on one setting. Lets see what you're "amazing" marker can do, and I will bring my A-5. I bet you spent more on your air tank than I did on my ENTIRE setup...

And I could afford to buy whatever marker I wanted, I CHOOSE the A-5.

Oh, and another thing, Tippmann came out with a NEW style A-5 in 2011. I have one (I WON it as I was named MVP for a large scenario I attended in April, weird since tons of guys were there with every other type of paintball gun under the sun, and yet an "ignorant" guy with an A-5 was chosen MVP for my side...) And it is very different than the older style A-5, so yeah, that point you guys tried to make about them not having anything new is just wrong.

The crossover is now $350... That is a new style speedball gun, that clearly fits right in with the guns you guys like, and yet... No mention of that new marker or its amazing price point.

Oh, and it, along with the A-5 are MADE IN AMERICA. I put my new cyclone from my 2011 A-5 on my old factory realtree A-5 because it was better... So yeah, clearly they upgrade things from the factory over time...

Edited by FreeEnterprise, 19 March 2013 - 08:35 AM.

#47 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

You are entitled to being wrong, so go ahead, but seriously, how many threads do you need bashing Tippmanns?!?

First off, what is wrong with them, exactly? Three pages in, and nothing that actually points out anything wrong with Tippmann products...

All I've seen is the fact that some of you are HORRIBLE traders... You own a $600 gun, and you sell it for $100... Duh... Do you not know about ebay? I sold an A-5 on there a few months ago, for over $300... (I got it off craigslist in trade for a compound bow, that cost me $10) If you have parts worth that kind of money SELL THEM individually... It really isn't rocket science.

So yeah, clearly some of you are bad at buying and selling... But, that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Tippmann's. Just your inability to make a decent trade... Learn more about trading/selling and you won't lose so much money next time.

Lets talk facts for a minute here. My Tippmann using Co2 and a remote coil shoots extremely well. I have countless videos showing that fact. I have the longest shots on record shooting regular paint (350 feet). I have tons of videos showing ONE shot kills, at close range AND long range. And yet, somehow you want me to believe my marker is crap, and I am stupid for using it... Seriously... Wake up, you are WRONG.

I played with my A-5 all winter this year, and didn't tear it apart a single time.... It works every time, in the cold (with Co2 as well) even in well below freezing temperatures. I got my current A-5 for $100 on craigslist. And if I felt like it, I would play speedball with it no problem. As I can HIT what I am shooting at with my first shot, I don't need a string of paint to hit my target. If I do want a string of paint, I can do that too semi auto. As I know how to pull the trigger and hit what I am aiming at.

That all comes from muscle memory, and shooting a ton. I have literally worn out 6 cyclone ratchets in my years of playing (including the aluminum tech t ratchet)... So yeah, I have shot it a TON over the years. And yet, it shoots +/- 2 fps with Co2 on average.

So my $100 marker does all that with a $20 co2 tank, and a $20 remote coil. My mask I got for free. And you know what, if I quit today, I could sell it for what I have in it no problem. I have always MADE money on every "trade" I have done, and I ONLY deal in Tippmanns. So next time you want to bash Tippmanns, realize some guys really like them, and it is insulting for you to act like we are beneath your skill level because we CHOOSE to use Tippmanns.

I welcome any one of you to come to my field and try facing me in a one on one setting. Lets see what you're "amazing" marker can do, and I will bring my A-5. I bet you spent more on your air tank than I did on my ENTIRE setup...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkdxFFMLGag

So your telling me to get a good deal on an A-5 a brand new player whom is most likely under 18 has to have the ability to trade a 10 dollar compound bow for it... We are talking about children man. No kid will have anything to trade much less be able to figure out what a good trade is on a product they have never seen or used before? We are not talking about your experience we are talking about a new player so if we must lets profile that player. He (because it is most likely a he) will be under 18, have only played once, has never encountered more then woodsball and has no knowledge of anything paintball and even worse his parents know nothing about it either so guiding him is just the blind leading the blind. So this player with no idea what the hell he is doing is supposed to be a master tradesman to get a marker that in all likely hood he wont use for more then 6 months? Anyone with kids will tell you that immediately after buying them something about 3 days later they want something different... The moment that kid with his shiny new Tippmann, Valken or hell any kind of rental based marker wants to try something new he will realize his mistake and want what all the other guys but he has no money because he spent it all because he is a kid. So now he is stuck with this marker and yet again has to put his trading skills to the test which as this is not the Oregon trail he has NONE. This kid wouldnt know a good deal if it bit him in the ass thats why his parents helped him pick out his first car and in some cases his wardrobe going into school.... Also go watch Ollie Lang pop shot paintballs mid air while walking around a field speedballers are not just heavy on the paint they can aim the "spray" is meant to keep people in their bunkers.

No one said your marker is crap for you. Just that it is a crap marker for a new player. Not because of any technical reasons but because of its build limitations and little growth potential. Take your A-5 to a speedball field and tell me how well you fare? Every NEW player will want to try every aspect of paintball even speedball (oh goodness no) Its not hating its facts kids are fickle they have no idea what the hell they want. Also if you want to compare tech stats we can do that...

Marker A
  • Marker Type – Mechanical
  • Caliber – 68
  • Operation – Gas Blow Back
  • Operating Pressure – 800 psi
  • Co2 or HPA – Either
  • Eyes? – No
  • Hose-less? – No
  • Tool-less Bolt? – No
  • Barrel Thread – A5/X7
  • Barrel Length – 8 in.
  • Barrel Bore Size – .689
  • Feed Neck Thread – Marker Specific
  • Weight – 3 lbs 2 oz
  • Marker Length – 19 in.
  • BPS – 9+

Marker B

• Marker Type – Electronic
  • Caliber – 68
  • Operation – Spool Valve
  • Operating Pressure – 200 psi
  • Co2 or HPA – Either
  • Eyes? – No
  • Hose-less? – No
  • Tool-less Bolt? – No
  • Barrel Thread – Ion
  • Barrel Length – 10 in.
  • Barrel Bore Size – .693
  • Feed Neck Thread – Ion
  • Weight – 2 lbs 1 oz
  • Marker Length – 16.5 in.
  • BPS – 15+

Now just from these statistics which will be best for a new off the break player? If you pick option B you just picked the GoG eNVy congratulations... These markers are within 10 dollars of each other new (because most new players want something new) and are two totally different designs. So yes if you are a master tradesman from all your fur trading with the natives go ahead but if your a kid who has no idea what the hell they are doing then please do some solid research and buy anything other then a 98C for gods sake... If your older and have played forever and love your Tippmann that is GREAT!!! Keep playing and remember we are talking about NEW, FRESH OUT THE GATE players not you... No one is hating, no one gives a crap what you use as long as you are playing paintball. Just go enjoy the type of paintball you love and leave schooling the noobs to people who have been there within the past 10 years and know what it is like.

INB4 haters gonna hate and all that crap...

Gog eNVy

Tippmann A5

Edited by spqr-king, 19 March 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#48 spqr-king

spqr-king

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkdxFFMLGag

Oh, and another thing, Tippmann came out with a NEW style A-5 in 2011. I have one (I WON it as I was named MVP for a large scenario I attended in April, weird since tons of guys were there with every other type of paintball gun under the sun, and yet an "ignorant" guy with an A-5 was chosen MVP for my side...) And it is very different than the older style A-5, so yeah, that point you guys tried to make about them not having anything new is just wrong.

The crossover is now $350... That is a new style speedball gun, that clearly fits right in with the guns you guys like, and yet... No mention of that new marker or its amazing price point.

Oh, and it, along with the A-5 are MADE IN AMERICA. I put my new cyclone from my 2011 A-5 on my old factory realtree A-5 because it was better... So yeah, clearly they upgrade things from the factory over time...

Not under 300 dollars which I repeatedly mentioned... If they are going to speed more then that they may as well get a used Axe or a Rail both are still better qualified if you want me to post the stats on that and why I would be glad to.... No NEW player or their parents has 350 dollars to spend on a new marker for a sport they have played twice go read the forums and see what price they are shooting at and get an idea of what they want to spend.

#49 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

I'm sorry but there is a lot of ignorance here on this thread. I been playing paintball now for over 14 years. I have used everything from pumps to electros.

I purchased my first real marker when I was 16 back in 1999. It was a brand new Tippmann Pro/Carbine (the new tippmann 98s were not proven yet LOL) and to this day I STILL use that marker and enjoy it. I have used it in speedball and woodsball indescriminatly just fine and usually do quite well with it as I always have. It's a SIMPLE RELAIBLE COMFORTABLE shooting platform and one I enjoy in every style play. In fact back in late 1999 I decided I need to get myself a top of the line tournament marker and purchased a AGD Automag brand new. This was a great gun and one I also love to shoot, BUT I actually found offten I'd do better even on the speedball field using my Tippmann as it was what I was more comfy shooting. Mags soon did become my speedball marker of choice and still are, BUT my Tippmanns (Carbine, A5, SL-68II pump) still see plenty of speedball use. I personally don't give a flying hoot if others judge me off the field for what gear I use I leave that for on the field. I shoot what I like when I like in any style game I like. I PLAY PAINTBALL and in paintball you use a Marker to shoot a paintball at your opponent to either eliminate them to suppress them to accomplish goals. Same holds true in both speedball and woodsball its ALL PAINTBALL. And guess what everything from my Pumps to my Tippmanns to Electros accomplish that task.

I think Tippmann makes great begginer markers as they are very robust and work well despite the lack of maintence many new players will provide. There simple design and operation lends well to the abuse of a begginer. They shoot paint and will work in any game just fine. They are inexpensive to operate as well as unlike many speed ball setups. All that is really NEEDED for that marker is a Co2 tank and a Gravity hopper. Sure HPA and a Electronic hopper would be nice but with a Tippmann you don't actually NEED either. Are they the ONLY good begginer marker obviously NOT, But they work well as begginers and have worked well as begginers since the very infancy of this sport. AND THAT is a fact no one can honestly dispute. They are used as Rentals EVERY were for a Reason.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#50 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

Maybe if you guys PLAYED instead of insulting others CHOICES in markers, then kids wouldn't feel the need to upgrade as soon as they enter techpb for the first time...

The marker DOESN'T make the player.

Practice does.

I too have video snap shooting paintballs out of the air. Does that make me a pro?

1:58 in this video.

Also, it is commonly accepted that the cyclone feed is easily a 15+ bps feeder... And if one pound of weight is what all this whining is about. Then lift some weights...

Everyone has craigslist, and can buy Tippmanns all day long for cheap, if they look, and unlike many other markers, Tippmanns are great used, as they are so durable and long lasting it is rare to find one that can't be easily fixed in seconds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users