• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 68OneShot

68OneShot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

So the wife and I are looking to buy a few extra guns to add to our loaner area. We are looking at getting a few Spyder Mr-1 to add. Do you all have any issues with these guns.

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Spyders are made with poor quality. If you want a mech loaner look into the Gog eNMEy. The Smart Parts SP-1 on ANSgear is also a great choice and has a milsim style to it.

#3 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Spyders are made with poor quality. If you want a mech loaner look into the Gog eNMEy. The Smart Parts SP-1 on ANSgear is also a great choice and has a milsim style to it.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#4 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

I wouldn't say poor quality. The only thing that ever goes wrong with the loaners we have (Have about 30 of them) is that you need to replace orings and lube it up. Then you are good to go again. If your velocity isn't where you want it, try a different spring. They are dirt cheap guns normally and you can fix them easily and for on the cheap as well.

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

But the GoG is in every way much better. Unless you want it to be tactical.
*insert dogdy face for sarcasm, I'm on mobile"

#6 68OneShot

68OneShot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

We have 2 tippmanns ad a spider victory. They get cleaned after every game. Plus we can buy the MR-1's used with co2 and mask for 50 a setup.

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Well you want a great high end mask, and if you have easy access to High pressure air, a carbon fiber tank. Then, get a good loader. After having that, just get a nice gun rather lots of low end ones.

#8 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Well you want a great high end mask, and if you have easy access to High pressure air, a carbon fiber tank. Then, get a good loader. After having that, just get a nice gun rather lots of low end ones.

Not everyone needs or wants HPA. Yes, it is better but it isn't needed. For $50, I would look at it. A used mask does make me nervous, don't know how often the lenses were hit or how nasty the foam is. If you want another gun to lend out to someone and to have more people play, get it.

Besides, if they are going to spend $130 for a new GoG, they might as well just get a much better used gun for that price....An automag or an autococker of some sort.

Edited by elraido, 18 March 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#9 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Not everyone needs or wants HPA. Yes, it is better but it isn't needed. For $50, I would look at it. A used mask does make me nervous, don't know how often the lenses were hit or how nasty the foam is. If you want another gun to lend out to someone and to have more people play, get it.

Besides, if they are going to spend $130 for a new GoG, they might as well just get a much better used gun for that price....An automag or an autococker of some sort.

If you ever want to hit something I wouod advise getting HPA but, back to topic if the EMNEY is too expensive get the Azodin kaos, ANSgear is having a sale for them right now for $70
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#10 68OneShot

68OneShot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

My wife and I own nice guns for our own use. We also have none speed ball guns to play yard ball with friends. I am not going to waste money on air tanks for 4-5 lender guns. They are not paying to use these guns. So they get CO2 and a cheap mask( safe but cheap).

So are MR-1 worth 50$ for gun and tank.

#11 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

My wife and I own nice guns for our own use. We also have none speed ball guns to play yard ball with friends. I am not going to waste money on air tanks for 4-5 lender guns. They are not paying to use these guns. So they get CO2 and a cheap mask( safe but cheap).

So are MR-1 worth 50$ for gun and tank.

Why not just buy the kaos' and then when your friends come with you guys to the field make them rent HPA tanks, and everything else and in the future if they want to stay in the sport you could sell them the Kaos and be happy that they got a good gun to start off with.just because of the fact that the feedneck needs that plastic tube is a turnoff for me.

Edited by ccseancc143, 19 March 2013 - 03:41 PM.

It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users