• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kluchgts

kluchgts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

im selling all my beginner paintball gear and i want to buy something intermediate, my budget cap is about 500. i also already have a decent hopper and mask.

#2 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

If you have 500 for a gun get an alien invasion. Best bang for the buck. If you need a tank and gun and your limit is 500, you could either get a used axe and a 68/4500 or a new G5 and a 68/4500. If you are comfortable working on your own gun then probably a new G5, otherwise a used axe.

Edited by Vhyrus, 19 March 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#3 kluchgts

kluchgts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Alright thanks for the reply man. Yea I already have a tank it's a Ninja 50/4500, it's just my personal size because I'm a pretty small person for my age. When i grow (if I grow) I'll get the standard 68/4500. Also, I just looked at the invasion it looks pretty damn nice and I've heard from people on my team that alien gear is really good so i might get that instead of the axe. I only put the axe in here because when i was looking around on the forums, everyone mentioned the axe even if it was a DP G5 vs Etha comparison or something like that.

Would you have any idea what feedneck the Invasion uses or if it's easy to maintain? The manual says it may be too small for some hoppers that aren't tournament grade.

Edited by kluchgts, 19 March 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#4 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

The nice thing about an invasion is you do not need to upgrade it at all. If you live to upgrade guns the invasion is not for you. Buy it with the barrel kit (or buy it and get the kit of your choice) and you are done. What hopper do you have?

#5 kluchgts

kluchgts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

I have an Empire Prophecy Z2. I'll probably pick up a CP Two Piece

#6 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm sure that will fit the alien just fine.

#7 kluchgts

kluchgts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Alright thanks for the help man.

#8 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

I will say axe over etha every time. Realistically, an etha is just putting lipstick on a pig. It's got a shaft 4, sl3, & oops Asa. That's as far as it goes in the good category. It's got bad, not terrible, but bad efficiency, the kickiest out of the three, & the loudest. The axe, however, is relatively quiet, has decent efficiency, comes in an all metal construction with a platform that's going to last for years. The axe is also going to be smoother on paint. Haven't shot the G5, I have no opinion on it.
I am a raccoon.

#9 TrisquitG

TrisquitG

Budget Balla FTW!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

stuck in the middle of etha and axe, but for the money i say etha is better, but the again... dat axe..

maybe getting shot at will really turn her on .... then yu can do her with your mask on .. sortof a whole darth vader thing ....
**heavy breathing** ..."WHO'S YUR DADDY" .. **more heavy breathing** .... "I'M YOUR DADDY" ...

lol

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

a used axe.

axe

I will say axe over etha every time. The axe is also going to be smoother on paint.

dat axe..

Axe

#11 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

a used axe.

axe

I will say axe over etha every time. The axe is also going to be smoother on paint.

dat axe..

Axe

Posted Image

#12 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

Axe > Etha ≥ G5
But honestly how it feels in the hands is very important, and all three of them have different "feels".

Edited by Cj R, 20 March 2013 - 11:27 AM.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users