• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Codeh

Codeh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

I just installed this in my tippmann 98 custom. No issues and no leaks but I only had about 100 dry fires to try out the responce trigger.

I had a really hard time making it rapid fire. I opened the valve and I could get it to go once and awhile. Is there something Im missing or does it really just taking getting use to to master?

#2 Ames

Ames

I hated ions beafore it was cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:47 PM

its all about tuning it
Beautiful Raceframe'd round body CCM S5
Virtue'd Vlocity
68/45 Maxflo
CP 10in .685 barrel

#3 joliveira

joliveira

AKA Boo Boo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:47 PM

I just installed this in my tippmann 98 custom. No issues and no leaks but I only had about 100 dry fires to try out the responce trigger.

I had a really hard time making it rapid fire. I opened the valve and I could get it to go once and awhile. Is there something Im missing or does it really just taking getting use to to master?

Try sweet spotting it. Pull the trigger then let go of it half way so the trigger bounces back and forth from you trigger to the shooting position.

Hope this helps.

#4 Woody

Woody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:50 PM

The manual has perfect instructions on how to sweet spot the RT. I am of course assuming you still have it. If not go get the file on the tippmann web site.

#5 Codeh

Codeh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

All the Tippmann manual says is.

"In a safe direction fire 2 to 4 shots. Trigger should become unable to pull or hard to pull (mine did this). If this occours your respose trigger is install properly."

"Now while firing in a safe direction with marker still unloaded slowly turn the flow control adjustor counterclockwise until desired rate of fire is achieved"

Like I said I only had 100 shots to try and get it to work and i did get it to burp 3-4 shots once or twice but for the other like 90 I couldn't get it to bounce. I realized I had the stock spring in still so hopefully this newone will help out.

#6 Evil Fingers

Evil Fingers

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

Its all Fine Tuning and Finger Control when using the RT.

And Ive set the RT in my A5 to shoot Semi, 3 to 5rd bursts and the Sweet Spot...kinda like the Firing Modes of the Old A5 E-grip.

#7 lavalettenj

lavalettenj

Super Elite Senior Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

Just takes practice and tuning. Eventually you will get it, you just have to mess around with it until you get it right.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users