Photo

Rotor vs Spire vs Z2

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Rotor vs Spire vs Z2 (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Z2 vs rotor vs spire

1. Z2 (10 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

2. rotor (9 votes [23.68%])

Percentage of vote: 23.68%

3. spire (19 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TrisquitG

TrisquitG

Budget Balla FTW!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Im looking for a new hopper for my invert mini. I currently have a vmax wich is ok its fine it keeps up without any "popcorns" its over all good. But i decided for something new.

The Z2 is cheaper than the 3,but is the extra $20 worth it for the rotor and/or spire?

And if its worth it. Witch one? spire or rotor?

All i play is rec. and my field has no limit on BPS so i need one that feeds consistent at at least 15-20 BPS yet reliable at the same time.

Thanks!:)

maybe getting shot at will really turn her on .... then yu can do her with your mask on .. sortof a whole darth vader thing ....
**heavy breathing** ..."WHO'S YUR DADDY" .. **more heavy breathing** .... "I'M YOUR DADDY" ...

lol

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

Spire

/endthread

#3 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

Pick the one you think looks best. They are all top of the line and all kick ass. Personally, I like the z2. The spire looks like a boat and I don't care for how the rotor looks either.

#4 dgomez56

dgomez56

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

Personal preference. The end.
Setup: DM12/Axe, Rotor v3, Ninja 68/45, Sly Profit
Loaner: Ion XE, Halo B, Empire 68/45, Proto Axis Pro
Ion xe for sale

#5 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

Spire

/endthread

Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#6 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

all 3 are fantastic but i have had rotors jam and had a z2 that didnt work out of the box. my spire has never not worked. i currently still own a rotor and spire and i always use my spire and keep my rotor for a loaner. if i could find someone to trade my rotor straight across for a z2 i would. my opinion is Spire>Z2>Rotor. it really doesnt make much difference though. all 3 work
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#7 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Get whatever you like, they all have pros and cons, depend son what you want.

#8 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Spire is realistically the best. It's just as durable as the rotor, has just as wide of a feedgate as the prophecy, holds more & is lighter than both.
I am a raccoon.

#9 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

You play recball, I play recball, we get dirty and grimy.

I am all for being able to take apart my loader without tools.

So Z2 is low on my list.

All 3 have fantastic quality supposedly but I own the spire and rarely used a rotor.

Pros/Cons in regards to the difference between spire and rotor)
Rotor
Pro:
You can buy the HK Epic SF for the rotor.
It has that manual feed thing
More fancy accessories to decorate it

Con:
Everyone has a rotor

Spire:
Pro:
Faster to take apart then rotor

Con:
Slightly more expensive
not as many accessories
No manual feed incase batter die during game

I chose spire because it was cheaper then then a new rotor in my location.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#10 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

They all do the same just in different ways, looks are all it really boils down to at this price
109.gif

#11 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,047 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Spire / Z2 > Rotor
When the Rotor came out (back in 2009) it cost $160
now four years later it costs $200.
I personally do not like to support companies who do stuff like that so i would get the alternative.

#12 Etek3am ftw

Etek3am ftw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

get the spire. and thats it

#13 evilwho

evilwho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

My buddy used his spire saturday and it kept popcorning the balls when it was 1/4 full his rotor kept jamming only hopper that worked no flaws was the z2 he bought at the game.

#14 116clique

116clique

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

Considered a pinokio? Cheaper than all three.. lightest, and it never jams.
Posted Image

#15 lukeypookey75

lukeypookey75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'd Say go with the spire, I'll tell you in detail why

Rotor:
Extremely fast: Doesn't matter as I only shoot 12.5 anyway
Jams A lot
Can't shoot reballs/ paint sensative
No automatic unjamming mechanism
Small feed opening
Loud as hell

Z2:
Very technologically advanced
Automatic unjamming technology
Large Feed opening
Quiet
Speed feed/ lid pops open and dumps all your paint LITERALLY EVERY TIME YOU SLIDE

Spire:
Most technologically advanced
Many settings to improve performance/ customize
Makes a sound when it turns on- lets you know its on
Can't even here it when its out of paint/ doesn't spin at full speed and waste batteries
Largest feed opening
New speedfeed has lid that doesn't open unless you push the button
Lowest profile
Shoots reballs/ fragile paint/ misshapen paint

That's why I use the spire, and I have used both the z2 and rotor extensively. I'm not biased in any way towards the spire I just think it's unarguably the best loader on the market when you look at the facts.

#16 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

I'd Say go with the spire, I'll tell you in detail why

Rotor:
Extremely fast: Doesn't matter as I only shoot 12.5 anyway
Jams A lot
Can't shoot reballs/ paint sensative
No automatic unjamming mechanism
Small feed opening
Loud as hell

Z2:
Very technologically advanced
Automatic unjamming technology
Large Feed opening
Quiet
Speed feed/ lid pops open and dumps all your paint LITERALLY EVERY TIME YOU SLIDE

Spire:
Most technologically advanced
Many settings to improve performance/ customize
Makes a sound when it turns on- lets you know its on
Can't even here it when its out of paint/ doesn't spin at full speed and waste batteries
Largest feed opening
New speedfeed has lid that doesn't open unless you push the button
Lowest profile
Shoots reballs/ fragile paint/ misshapen paint

That's why I use the spire, and I have used both the z2 and rotor extensively. I'm not biased in any way towards the spire I just think it's unarguably the best loader on the market when you look at the facts.

My friend's rotors have never jammed, and my friends shoots reballs at practice with his rotor too... I would say go for the rotor. You really can't go wrong though

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#17 santa conspiracy

santa conspiracy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Spire and z2 are tied... Rotor is nice but its beaten on weight, height, mouth size, and price by both

#18 GoG-eXTCy

GoG-eXTCy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Get a Pinokio it cheaper and better bro! ;) :blink: :mellow:
Been Playing Paintball for 2 years.... Also recommend me a New Gun For Under $275!

#19 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Cheaper? Sure. Better? careful. The rotor can feed way faster than a pinokio can. The pinokio is plenty fast at over 30 bps, but the rotor is the better choice for those who want a psychotic setup just to see how fast they can shoot. The nokio also has a tall profile, which some people don't care for. I'm not against the nokio by any means (I own one), but it's kind of dumb to just say that it's "better" without giving reasoning. All of the above will practically never jam, feed any rate of fire you will use in play, and are fairly easy to work with for the most part.

#20 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Cheaper? Sure. Better? careful. The rotor can feed way faster than a pinokio can. The pinokio is plenty fast at over 30 bps, but the rotor is the better choice for those who want a psychotic setup just to see how fast they can shoot. The nokio also has a tall profile, which some people don't care for. I'm not against the nokio by any means (I own one), but it's kind of dumb to just say that it's "better" without giving reasoning. All of the above will practically never jam, feed any rate of fire you will use in play, and are fairly easy to work with for the most part.

don't mind him, he also said that the rotor was proven (which is obviously true no doubt there) and that the spire is brand new and no one really has played with it yet so he should get a rotor because the spire will probably give him troubles. this is all on another thread about rotor vs spire but still. oh did i mention he slapped on a 14" DYE UL onto his spyder? Never listen to this guy for equipment advice. (at least for now until he learns more about what he is saying).
"I play speedball and woodsball this is My SetupSpyder Victor
14" Ultralite Barrel Dye
Proto Primo Hopper
Lapco Feedneck
JT Proflex Thermal Mask
Nitrogen tank 20oz (getting Ninja Air tank soon) "
http://www.techpb.co...1

Edited by III Kezia III, 29 March 2013 - 02:30 AM.

Lulzjustacat.png

#21 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

don't mind him, he also said that the rotor was proven and that the spire is brand new and no one really has played with it yet so he should get a rotor because the spire will probably give him troubles. this is all on another thread about rotor vs spire but still. oh did i mention he slapped on a 14" DYE UL onto his spyder? Never listen to this guy. im not joking
14" Ultralite Barrel Dye
Proto Primo Hopper
Lapco Feedneck
JT Proflex Thermal Mask

Hey watch it bud this is an supportive community and he is entitled to his opinion.
109.gif

#22 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

don't mind him, he also said that the rotor was proven and that the spire is brand new and no one really has played with it yet so he should get a rotor because the spire will probably give him troubles. this is all on another thread about rotor vs spire but still. oh did i mention he slapped on a 14" DYE UL onto his spyder? Never listen to this guy. im not joking
14" Ultralite Barrel Dye
Proto Primo Hopper
Lapco Feedneck
JT Proflex Thermal Mask

Apply palm to face...

#23 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

14" Ultralite Barrel Dye
Proto Primo Hopper
Lapco Feedneck
JT Proflex Thermal Mask

Hey watch it bud this is an supportive community and he is entitled to his opinion.

The problem is that he keeps speaking on things he has no knowledge on. He just reads from the posts above him and repeats it. This is the reason why he said the spire was new. He copied that from an old post on that thread (thread was from 2012)

#24 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

don't mind him, he also said that the rotor was proven and that the spire is brand new and no one really has played with it yet so he should get a rotor because the spire will probably give him troubles. this is all on another thread about rotor vs spire but still. oh did i mention he slapped on a 14" DYE UL onto his spyder? Never listen to this guy for equipment advice.
14" Ultralite Barrel Dye
Proto Primo Hopper
Lapco Feedneck
JT Proflex Thermal Mask

considering this is basically a thread on helping someone decide which to get you should bring some valid points to the table to actually contribute to the thread. it is basically equipment advice being asked here and getting an opinion from someone who doesn't know about what they are talking about does really add anything of value. while I see that there can be a counter argument about my post earlier, I feel that it is fitting because taking advice from someone who hardly knows what they are saying usually never turns out well. fortunately the pinokio is a great option as well but there is still no valid points coming from him on why it is "better" than a rotor or spire besides that its cheaper but that doesn't mean it is "better".

Lulzjustacat.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users