Photo

Losing the paintball spark need advice :( please help!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 STORMTROOPA9000

STORMTROOPA9000

DYNASTY!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Well Ive been playing paintball for 7 years, The last 4 years ive played competativly. Well all my friends over time have quit paintball :/ so its just me and I live in the St. Louis region and theres not alot of paintball where im from, there are only a few teams and my home field is basically just airsoft except for the tournament players that show up and these arent normal players its like they are doing it to not have fun and its just competition to them and the vibe is off just being there at this field im not happy anywhere else tho its fun but the other fields arent exactly close by.. well Im starting to realize i dont have a chance on any of them. Well I recently bought an azodin kaos pump and I do like pump but when i take it out on the airball field nobody likes me because im not shooting as much paint and it pisses me off. Well now im starting to lose the spark, I miss how it used to be with my friends and not knowing anything about paintball i guess i learned it too fast from youtube and stuff. Well I wanna make it fun for me again I want that spark back that sense of happiness i used to get but what should I do Im debating between buying an axe or an empire sniper, if I get the axe im just gonna keep playing competativly maybe at a different field but if i get the pump Ill start playing open play more often for awhile untill i get happy again and just remember how to have fun with it and not get stressed out over every little thing, Has anybody ever gone through this where they just feel like they arent getting any better at all and just discouraged if so please tell me and help me i really need this, I put this in the pump thread because i believe i can get a more mature response opose to putting it in the speedball thread. Please give me some feedback I do not want to quit I just want paintball to be fun again.
$ STORM TROOPER $

#2 smoke14

smoke14

One Flew Over

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

If I were you I would just take some time off from the sport. Paintball is something that you do that's supposed to release stress from the outside world, not make your life more stressful. Give it a month's or two break and after that you will be probably rearing to get back and play again.

#3 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Sorry man, tough situation. If all that's around are scrim teams it's fair for them to feel that a pump player could be adding an unfamiliar tempo to their game. If it's open play though, that shouldn't really matter. I get that it can be tough to swim against the current. How effective are you with that pump?
Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#4 That_guy097

That_guy097

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

I have slight depression and I have that feeling about everything. (I'm better now). The big lesson I learned was to do things for you and have fun.

Who cares if your using a pump, he'll I play with a slingshot most times. Why not because I'm "pro" but it's fun. The challenge is incredible. That's what does it for me.

My advice. Do something new. Play a scenario. Play with a slingshot (there like 20 bucks). Go out to have fun not to win.

That's my 2 cents

#5 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

Don't play to win, play to have fun. Do.something interesting, say like bring a Nerf sword and.try.to get barrel tags. Another thing you could do, is buy a pump and play. If you really.want.something paintball related but not playing wise get cocker and get it going and running 100%, pump and semi.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#6 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

I been playing 14 years. What I did when I started to loose interest was get the heck out of the tournament Scene.

Go play some big games and scenarios. Play with the renters and offer them advice let them try your gun. Just get outs the competitive mindset were it's all bout winning. Paintball is fun to just play.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#7 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

This is why I don't do tournaments or play on Teams, that will burn you out Faster then late night binge drinking.

What I did was took a whole year off... then when "I" felt it was time to come back I did. After 6 Months of no paintball I began to watch videos and looking up whats been going on in the paintball world.

people need to take a break from paintball... It's a Hobby, it wont pay your mortgage or buy you a new car... when people go bananas over the sport I know they will burn out in 6 months time... Take it easy, and most of all take a break and remember the fun times you had paintballing... that will get you back with the spark faster then a sponsorship will.

#8 STORMTROOPA9000

STORMTROOPA9000

DYNASTY!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Sorry man, tough situation. If all that's around are scrim teams it's fair for them to feel that a pump player could be adding an unfamiliar tempo to their game. If it's open play though, that shouldn't really matter. I get that it can be tough to swim against the current. How effective are you with that pump?

I have my moments a gog shot here and there but only in open play or a big game.
$ STORM TROOPER $

#9 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

First things first, I'd like to say, many of us have probably experienced a similar feeling at some time or another.

I feel that making this post, in your heart of hearts, you have not given up on paintball. This is GREAT. You still have what it takes! The desire to want to play is very important, and clearly paintball means a lot to you. This means a lot to me. I am inspired by others who are passionate about things. . . Anything really, not just paintball; but it is nice when the thing that they are passionate about, I also share the passion for. Reading your post, as cheesy as it sounds; really had a big impact on me. As a paintball player, the reality of the matter is, regardless of what we'd wish, the majority of our time is not spent on the field, so we all on here turn to things like forums to spend as much time thinking talking and sharing stories, questions and experiences about the sport/game we all know and love or hope to learn more about. . .

Getting right into it--I have a few things to say, and I am not going to attempt to be brief because, I think paintball needs players like you, and it would be a shame to lose you over something I really think I can help out with.

Reasons you should not quit, or be worried about "losing your spark".

You said you have been in the sport for 7 years now, which is a lot of time invested in something, the average turn around time for a paintball player or what tyger over at webdog refers to as the "burnout" or "dropout" rate for an average player is 5 years I believe. You have already made it past that hump. Now as to your issue with your friends not playing any more. I think this issue has really impacted all of us at sometime or another. . . I know this is one that has impacted me much more often then I ever would have expected and really hit me hard. It is really sad to "lose" the camaraderie that comes along with going out for a weekend adventure with your friends. Every single time you go the experience and the memories you make together can be cherished for your life time. Some of my closest friends are the ones I've gone to big events or just played a lot of paintball with. I must say, I am right there with you. . . This problem sucks, but at the end of the day, if you are lucky enough to still be able to call some/any of those people you used to play with "true friends" then you should chalk that up as a win and be happy that at the very least these people are still in your life. I know this doesn't give much solution to this issue, but read on grass hoppah

Competitiveness of the sport, ruining the fun of the game? This is a problem that will almost definitely occur for anyone who has been in the sport as long as you've been. The more you play, the better you get (theoretically). So in the 7 years your skills have grown most likely monumentally since your walk on or rental days. With this comes the fact that you are no longer going to be treated like a walk on. A good person for paintball will set up teams evenly for the walk-ons so they won't get absolutely stomped, and never want to play again. Having years of experience, there are not really people there to award us this luxury. With the addition of more affordable electronic guns (not to sound like a pump wielding electronic hater) more people are getting bonus balled yadda yadda. With all of this, we are left in your position. Now when ever you go out to play, it is against randoms, chances are they are on a team or want to be, and even if they aren't the level of competitiveness is at a point that it is "too high" for your own personal enjoyment, which is an issue.

I have a few solutions to this issue that have helped me in the past. Although this may seem counter intuitive, I feel that one of the best ways to get the "spark" back in paintball, honestly. . . Is to step away from paintball for a bit and stop playing for a short, or extended break. The gear you own isn't costing you money, and hopefully your financial situation isn't one where the gears value is needed for your survival, forcing you to sell it to pay rent, or afford food, or bills etc. Again, if this isn't your situation, just another reason to be happy and thankful. But the reason I think for your situation, stepping away from the game will be very beneficial for you (and has been for me in the past) is that your friends aren't playing, or have quit all together it seems like, and you are just going out either on your own to play, or in a smaller group then you would desire to play in. In this case, you should have little/no pressure on you to feel like you need to go out and play every weekend, or every other weekend. Taking a break will allow you to save up a bit of money hopefully, or even just be away from the sport for a bit. When competitiveness starts to be a factor, in what used to be "a fun game" you have to ask yourself, "what is it that I want out of paintball?". As I have written in bold in the previous paragraph, sometimes the competitiveness of the idea of paintball being a sport that should only be played to "be good, be the best, and win" can really suck the fun out of it. To me (And I am one of the most competitive son of a guns you'll ever meet in your life!) if you start to take paintball too seriously, it is very easy to get burnt out. A lot of people who try to start up a team, and when they start having "practice" instead of "playing" ~~~~ PAUSE FOR A SECOND... let's look at even the language that is used! what sounds more appealing/fun... I am going to practice, or I am going to play??? Let's be honest, play is always going to be more fun... not saying practice can't be enjoyable, but play is purely for the joy of doing it, not stressing the importance of need to get better the more you do it over limited time~~~ (as I was saying) this is the point that many players start the steep descent of quitting forever and never wanting to come back.

I mention this because in the tone of your writing, it seems that you are frustrated because all that is important to you at the moment is being competitive, or playing at the level of your opponents. As a pump player, I aspire to do well even though I am deliberately handicapping my self with the gun I'm using for whatever reasons. But that being said, when the only source of enjoyment in the game comes from doing well, you are extrinsically motivated- or motivated by some external force, other than your own desire (intrinsic motivation). The intrinsic motivation should for all intents and purposes with paintball be "I want to play paintball, because I like paintball, and it's fun-- I am playing to have a good time". But external motivation is "I am playing paintball because I am good, I have fun only when I am doing well, I only play to do well, because doing well is what's fun". I don't know if that is as clear as possible or helps at all, but it's one way of looking at things. I am a big believer in the power of suggestion and I think to make something enjoyable again, some times simply requires a reevaluation of how we think about that particular thing, or maybe a new perspective on the already familiar subject.

To buy, or not to buy? That is the question--- Axe? Empire Sniper? anything at all!?!?

I think at this point in your paintball career, unless you have unlimited funding, it would be almost personally irresponsible to buy any new gun. I feel as if you are sort of in your paintball "mid life crisis" and are looking to buy a new gun, be it the axe, or the sniper (a higher end pump then your current model, or a semi so that you can attempt to drive up the competitiveness even more to play with the guys who are making the game not fun for you-- in an attempt to make it fun again??) I think both are a bad choice RIGHT NOW. Give it 6 months, and if you still feel the same way, go for it... but right now, unless there is something drastically wrong with what you've got right now, there isn't any immediate need to go and spend money on new things that you don't really need!!

So what?? is that it? I read this wall of text and got nothing?!?!

As I write things this long, I always have the apparent fear that the post directly below this is going to be TL;DR! and I will feel morally defeated because I really do want to help, and hope that if the entirety of any of my "mega posts" get's read, and even just 1 teeny tiny little thing sticks, or helps someone (you or any user/guest) on here out, then my time and efforts were worth it.

That being said, a quick, and easy suggestion for you in the short term. If you don't want to be as extreme as taking a few week or month, or however long is "pretty long" away from paintball for you, then make a plan. I am not sure if you're into scenario paintball. But to me, coming from an outlaw ball background for years of just playing only with buddies in the woods, if there was a down time, where people didn't want to put the cash in for paint and air, the best way to get that spark fired right back up was to look up a big game! For me, my friends and family who played, the money wasn't there to be able to play multiple times a weekend, or even sometimes multiple times a month-- so what we could do, is while people were not up to have a 1 v 1 v 1 in our back yard for 30-40 bucks for one day, we would all abstain from playing for a few weeks, look up a scenario local (or a drive-- Hell make a road trip! some of the best times in my life period, not just in paintball happened on the road to events, or at events 6+ hours away or more!!) and see how much it's going to run you, for travel, paint, entry, air, misc. Save that money up, and if you have any friends still in it, or have a friend in mind who still has a gun, or willing to tag along and use a loaner gun of yours or play rental, get at least 1 person to come along with you for the journey! If this doesn't get the spark back for you, I'm not sure what will--- Just make sure you look into the big game, whatever it is, and make sure it's something that will actually be enjoyable for you before investing time, money and energy into something that isn't done well.

I am really glad you posted this in the pump forum, we are quite a welcoming bunch, and I'm glad we have the reputation of being so. Again, I have nothing against the semi's out thee, tons of great guys! but had you posted anywhere else, I'd never have seen this, as I don't venture out of this forum much. Techpb is awesome, it is the only forum with the limited time I have now, that I can justify spending this much time and energy on a post, because in the past whenever I have, I've gotten such overwhelmingly good feedback, and support from the amazing community here, and been flooded with PM's of people thanking me, or letting me know that something I wrote up years ago helped them to do something they ended up enjoying, and to me that is the ultimate feel good moment on the internet. There is so much bad out there... my years on PBN and seeing people getting flamed and personally being flamed myself for any and everything drives you to not want to stick your neck out and make posts like yours. I hope something in this long epic mega wall of text convinces you that you shouldn't let that spark burnout or flicker to black, I hope you keep your passion and interest and love of the game, and hang around for many more years and are able to inspire others like you have inspired me!

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#10 STORMTROOPA9000

STORMTROOPA9000

DYNASTY!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

First things first, I'd like to say, many of us have probably experienced a similar feeling at some time or another.

I feel that making this post, in your heart of hearts, you have not given up on paintball. This is GREAT. You still have what it takes! The desire to want to play is very important, and clearly paintball means a lot to you. This means a lot to me. I am inspired by others who are passionate about things. . . Anything really, not just paintball; but it is nice when the thing that they are passionate about, I also share the passion for. Reading your post, as cheesy as it sounds; really had a big impact on me. As a paintball player, the reality of the matter is, regardless of what we'd wish, the majority of our time is not spent on the field, so we all on here turn to things like forums to spend as much time thinking talking and sharing stories, questions and experiences about the sport/game we all know and love or hope to learn more about. . .

Getting right into it--I have a few things to say, and I am not going to attempt to be brief because, I think paintball needs players like you, and it would be a shame to lose you over something I really think I can help out with.

Reasons you should not quit, or be worried about "losing your spark".

You said you have been in the sport for 7 years now, which is a lot of time invested in something, the average turn around time for a paintball player or what tyger over at webdog refers to as the "burnout" or "dropout" rate for an average player is 5 years I believe. You have already made it past that hump. Now as to your issue with your friends not playing any more. I think this issue has really impacted all of us at sometime or another. . . I know this is one that has impacted me much more often then I ever would have expected and really hit me hard. It is really sad to "lose" the camaraderie that comes along with going out for a weekend adventure with your friends. Every single time you go the experience and the memories you make together can be cherished for your life time. Some of my closest friends are the ones I've gone to big events or just played a lot of paintball with. I must say, I am right there with you. . . This problem sucks, but at the end of the day, if you are lucky enough to still be able to call some/any of those people you used to play with "true friends" then you should chalk that up as a win and be happy that at the very least these people are still in your life. I know this doesn't give much solution to this issue, but read on grass hoppah

Competitiveness of the sport, ruining the fun of the game? This is a problem that will almost definitely occur for anyone who has been in the sport as long as you've been. The more you play, the better you get (theoretically). So in the 7 years your skills have grown most likely monumentally since your walk on or rental days. With this comes the fact that you are no longer going to be treated like a walk on. A good person for paintball will set up teams evenly for the walk-ons so they won't get absolutely stomped, and never want to play again. Having years of experience, there are not really people there to award us this luxury. With the addition of more affordable electronic guns (not to sound like a pump wielding electronic hater) more people are getting bonus balled yadda yadda. With all of this, we are left in your position. Now when ever you go out to play, it is against randoms, chances are they are on a team or want to be, and even if they aren't the level of competitiveness is at a point that it is "too high" for your own personal enjoyment, which is an issue.

I have a few solutions to this issue that have helped me in the past. Although this may seem counter intuitive, I feel that one of the best ways to get the "spark" back in paintball, honestly. . . Is to step away from paintball for a bit and stop playing for a short, or extended break. The gear you own isn't costing you money, and hopefully your financial situation isn't one where the gears value is needed for your survival, forcing you to sell it to pay rent, or afford food, or bills etc. Again, if this isn't your situation, just another reason to be happy and thankful. But the reason I think for your situation, stepping away from the game will be very beneficial for you (and has been for me in the past) is that your friends aren't playing, or have quit all together it seems like, and you are just going out either on your own to play, or in a smaller group then you would desire to play in. In this case, you should have little/no pressure on you to feel like you need to go out and play every weekend, or every other weekend. Taking a break will allow you to save up a bit of money hopefully, or even just be away from the sport for a bit. When competitiveness starts to be a factor, in what used to be "a fun game" you have to ask yourself, "what is it that I want out of paintball?". As I have written in bold in the previous paragraph, sometimes the competitiveness of the idea of paintball being a sport that should only be played to "be good, be the best, and win" can really suck the fun out of it. To me (And I am one of the most competitive son of a guns you'll ever meet in your life!) if you start to take paintball too seriously, it is very easy to get burnt out. A lot of people who try to start up a team, and when they start having "practice" instead of "playing" ~~~~ PAUSE FOR A SECOND... let's look at even the language that is used! what sounds more appealing/fun... I am going to practice, or I am going to play??? Let's be honest, play is always going to be more fun... not saying practice can't be enjoyable, but play is purely for the joy of doing it, not stressing the importance of need to get better the more you do it over limited time~~~ (as I was saying) this is the point that many players start the steep descent of quitting forever and never wanting to come back.

I mention this because in the tone of your writing, it seems that you are frustrated because all that is important to you at the moment is being competitive, or playing at the level of your opponents. As a pump player, I aspire to do well even though I am deliberately handicapping my self with the gun I'm using for whatever reasons. But that being said, when the only source of enjoyment in the game comes from doing well, you are extrinsically motivated- or motivated by some external force, other than your own desire (intrinsic motivation). The intrinsic motivation should for all intents and purposes with paintball be "I want to play paintball, because I like paintball, and it's fun-- I am playing to have a good time". But external motivation is "I am playing paintball because I am good, I have fun only when I am doing well, I only play to do well, because doing well is what's fun". I don't know if that is as clear as possible or helps at all, but it's one way of looking at things. I am a big believer in the power of suggestion and I think to make something enjoyable again, some times simply requires a reevaluation of how we think about that particular thing, or maybe a new perspective on the already familiar subject.

To buy, or not to buy? That is the question--- Axe? Empire Sniper? anything at all!?!?

I think at this point in your paintball career, unless you have unlimited funding, it would be almost personally irresponsible to buy any new gun. I feel as if you are sort of in your paintball "mid life crisis" and are looking to buy a new gun, be it the axe, or the sniper (a higher end pump then your current model, or a semi so that you can attempt to drive up the competitiveness even more to play with the guys who are making the game not fun for you-- in an attempt to make it fun again??) I think both are a bad choice RIGHT NOW. Give it 6 months, and if you still feel the same way, go for it... but right now, unless there is something drastically wrong with what you've got right now, there isn't any immediate need to go and spend money on new things that you don't really need!!

So what?? is that it? I read this wall of text and got nothing?!?!

As I write things this long, I always have the apparent fear that the post directly below this is going to be TL;DR! and I will feel morally defeated because I really do want to help, and hope that if the entirety of any of my "mega posts" get's read, and even just 1 teeny tiny little thing sticks, or helps someone (you or any user/guest) on here out, then my time and efforts were worth it.

That being said, a quick, and easy suggestion for you in the short term. If you don't want to be as extreme as taking a few week or month, or however long is "pretty long" away from paintball for you, then make a plan. I am not sure if you're into scenario paintball. But to me, coming from an outlaw ball background for years of just playing only with buddies in the woods, if there was a down time, where people didn't want to put the cash in for paint and air, the best way to get that spark fired right back up was to look up a big game! For me, my friends and family who played, the money wasn't there to be able to play multiple times a weekend, or even sometimes multiple times a month-- so what we could do, is while people were not up to have a 1 v 1 v 1 in our back yard for 30-40 bucks for one day, we would all abstain from playing for a few weeks, look up a scenario local (or a drive-- Hell make a road trip! some of the best times in my life period, not just in paintball happened on the road to events, or at events 6+ hours away or more!!) and see how much it's going to run you, for travel, paint, entry, air, misc. Save that money up, and if you have any friends still in it, or have a friend in mind who still has a gun, or willing to tag along and use a loaner gun of yours or play rental, get at least 1 person to come along with you for the journey! If this doesn't get the spark back for you, I'm not sure what will--- Just make sure you look into the big game, whatever it is, and make sure it's something that will actually be enjoyable for you before investing time, money and energy into something that isn't done well.

I am really glad you posted this in the pump forum, we are quite a welcoming bunch, and I'm glad we have the reputation of being so. Again, I have nothing against the semi's out thee, tons of great guys! but had you posted anywhere else, I'd never have seen this, as I don't venture out of this forum much. Techpb is awesome, it is the only forum with the limited time I have now, that I can justify spending this much time and energy on a post, because in the past whenever I have, I've gotten such overwhelmingly good feedback, and support from the amazing community here, and been flooded with PM's of people thanking me, or letting me know that something I wrote up years ago helped them to do something they ended up enjoying, and to me that is the ultimate feel good moment on the internet. There is so much bad out there... my years on PBN and seeing people getting flamed and personally being flamed myself for any and everything drives you to not want to stick your neck out and make posts like yours. I hope something in this long epic mega wall of text convinces you that you shouldn't let that spark burnout or flicker to black, I hope you keep your passion and interest and love of the game, and hang around for many more years and are able to inspire others like you have inspired me!

I think your right, I need to step back because I care soo much for this game I dont want to lose it, I want to bring back the smile i used to have when I would show up to the field and leave with the same smile, I dont have that anymore. I want it back, Ive already started taking a break from it I may go to another field for a day of openplay with a friend i still have in the game but rarely get to see but im going to stay away from the cometative side, Im going take as much time as i need hopefully before the weather gets nice here in the midwest lol, But thank you soo much every time I post a question I never get an answer from anyone its always just a few lines, your answer is the answer Im always hoping for you actually helped me greatly and I thank you very much for that, as for purchasing a new gun im going to be waiting for my tax return anyway but if im not ready i wont buy and from reading your post and thinking about it, I need to make paintball fun for me again and playing for that smile is what im going to do so if pump is what i want to do for the next chapter in my paintball life than so be it and the same with a semi, Im just really stressed out with alot of things happening in my personal life and paintballs not helping anymore...not like it used too, but I can feel its still there in my heart and Im determined to get it back. Thank you soo much for this comment it truely has helped me. :) Thank you so much!!! Its nice to know there are players that care about the game and feel the same way about it.. at my home field I dont see that theres no joy, no passion nothing I hate it. Thank you everyone else that commented. Thank you!

Edited by STORMTROOPA9000, 27 March 2013 - 09:25 AM.

$ STORM TROOPER $

#11 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

I think your right, I need to step back because I care soo much for this game I dont want to lose it, I want to bring back the smile i used to have when I would show up to the field and leave with the same smile, I dont have that anymore. I want it back, Ive already started taking a break from it I may go to another field for a day of openplay with a friend i still have in the game but rarely get to see but im going to stay away from the cometative side, Im going take as much time as i need hopefully before the weather gets nice here in the midwest lol, But thank you soo much every time I post a question I never get an answer from anyone its always just a few lines, your answer is the answer Im always hoping for you actually helped me greatly and I thank you very much for that, as for purchasing a new gun im going to be waiting for my tax return anyway but if im not ready i wont buy and from reading your post and thinking about it, I need to make paintball fun for me again and playing for that smile is what im going to do so if pump is what i want to do for the next chapter in my paintball life than so be it and the same with a semi, Im just really stressed out with alot of things happening in my personal life and paintballs not helping anymore...not like it used too, but I can feel its still there in my heart and Im determined to get it back. Thank you soo much for this comment it truely has helped me. :) Thank you so much!!! Its nice to know there are players that care about the game and feel the same way about it.. at my home field I dont see that theres no joy, no passion nothing I hate it. Thank you everyone else that commented. Thank you!

I am glad I could help, but don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad about a few line responses. When I initially read this post, all I read was the original post made by you, and until just now hadn't took the time to read what anyone else was saying :rolleyes: (oops)

well, I think the common trend others had to offer was very good as well... they hit many of the same issues, be less competitive, change it up, try a new field or big game/scenario game, and take a break... All which I said before ever having read theirs... And I probably could have left that out looking back at it now since others already said it, but oh well! I am not able to summarize a big post like that in merely a few lines... that's not how I roll! I'm glad others here are able to, as we all have our own/different styles of trying to help, and often times my walls of text just aren't necessary B)

Anyways, like I said before, I'm glad I could help out. And as I mentioned in my mega wall of text, there are/may only be a few options for the immediate future. . . but whatever you end up doing, it is important that the next time you go out there, you have a good time. All the other shit is fine and good, but it doesn't mean squat until you start to enjoy paintball again. I wish you the best of luck in your future life and paintball related endeavors, and hope next time you go out you have a fucking blast! That's what it's all about

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#12 STORMTROOPA9000

STORMTROOPA9000

DYNASTY!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

I am glad I could help, but don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad about a few line responses. When I initially read this post, all I read was the original post made by you, and until just now hadn't took the time to read what anyone else was saying :rolleyes: (oops)

well, I think the common trend others had to offer was very good as well... they hit many of the same issues, be less competitive, change it up, try a new field or big game/scenario game, and take a break... All which I said before ever having read theirs... And I probably could have left that out looking back at it now since others already said it, but oh well! I am not able to summarize a big post like that in merely a few lines... that's not how I roll! I'm glad others here are able to, as we all have our own/different styles of trying to help, and often times my walls of text just aren't necessary B)

Anyways, like I said before, I'm glad I could help out. And as I mentioned in my mega wall of text, there are/may only be a few options for the immediate future. . . but whatever you end up doing, it is important that the next time you go out there, you have a good time. All the other shit is fine and good, but it doesn't mean squat until you start to enjoy paintball again. I wish you the best of luck in your future life and paintball related endeavors, and hope next time you go out you have a fucking blast! That's what it's all about

I hope so too
$ STORM TROOPER $

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users