• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonrain

Dragonrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Just curious to see what you guys think about them, are they worth or? Are they good? Experiences with them? Etc. just want to know the pros and cons of it because I am thinking of buying them, or if someone else has a different brand and style for around the same price range.

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Disruptive pants are great, and pretty cheap. They are very strong and durable. The padding on the knees keeps you protected, being made of tough ballistic nylon while looking good sliding to those bunkers. There are stretch points in multiple places to provide ultimate mobility to make sure you play without restriction. Since every person is different, there are multiple places of adjustment such as on the ankles, inside the waist, and outside the waist for a great custom fit. The white diamond stitching will ensure the pants last a while adding a strikingly sexy look to your style. Since they were developed for Arizona players, who play in the infamously tough, dusty and rocky terrain of Arizona, they are very lightweight and have many points of ventilation and mesh, to keep you cool throughout the day so you can keep on playing game after game. The Disruptive Generation 2 pants are sold at the Disruptive Product Inc. website for only $100, making them one of the best pants without emptying your wallet.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 Bush

Bush

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Disruptive pants are great, and pretty cheap. They are very strong and durable. The padding on the knees keeps you protected, being made of tough ballistic nylon while looking good sliding to those bunkers. There are stretch points in multiple places to provide ultimate mobility to make sure you play without restriction. Since every person is different, there are multiple places of adjustment such as on the ankles, inside the waist, and outside the waist for a great custom fit. The white diamond stitching will ensure the pants last a while adding a strikingly sexy look to your style. Since they were developed for Arizona players, who play in the infamously tough, dusty and rocky terrain of Arizona, they are very lightweight and have many points of ventilation and mesh, to keep you cool throughout the day so you can keep on playing game after game. The Disruptive Generation 2 pants are sold at the Disruptive Product Inc. website for only $100, making them one of the best pants without emptying your wallet.

Or you can be a real man and buy exalt pants for the same price...

#4 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Does that even make sense?

#5 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

I don't even read Orange Chicken's posts anymore lol

I haven't used the pants though, I don't find them all that aesthetically appealing.

#6 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

i own pro mercs, if you get them on sale they are fine, ive owned pants from tons of brands, none have ever really stuck out as being amazing, but the slys are nice.
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#7 Bush

Bush

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

I haven't used the pants though, I don't find them all that aesthetically appealing.

Thank god somebody agrees with me, don't mean to be rude but most annoying techpb member ever!

#8 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Thank god somebody agrees with me, don't mean to be rude but most annoying techpb member ever!

Well I wouldn't go that far
But I wouldn't ever buy a Disruptive product thanks to him.

#9 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

agreed, completely turned off from that brand because of that.
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Haha, oh sweet irony.

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

What, because I recommend a good brand?

#12 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Posted Image

#13 Dragonrain

Dragonrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

So... Any other brands I can look at ???

#14 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

the post above looks like it is ripped out of advertising, and @ op, cant really go wrong unless you go cheap.
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#15 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

DXS Shank V2's are IMO the BEST pant's on the planet. They are heavily padded, lightweight, very breathable and they are TOUGH.

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

So... Any other brands I can look at ???

Empire 2012 Contact TW and Draxxus Shank V2 are excellent but more expensive.

DXS Shank V2's are IMO the BEST pant's on the planet. They are heavily padded, lightweight, very breathable and they are TOUGH.

:tup:

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 21 March 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#17 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

no, because you blindly shove it down everyone's throat

#18 Ben-SFAPB

Ben-SFAPB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

All Ass-hattery and flaming aside, the Exalt Thrasher Pants are indeed great.

I personally have the all black Thrasher 1's and the grey/lime Thrasher 2's.

Edited by Ben-SFAPB, 22 March 2013 - 01:12 AM.

Posted Image
SFA Paintball is proudly sponsored by DefiantPb.com
My Feedback Here

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

no, because you blindly shove it down everyone's throat

If you want, I could also recommend the Empire Contact Zero's and HKarmy Hardline pants

#20 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

I personally don't see what Orange Chicken is doing wrong, he's recommending a good product at a fair price, and answering the person's question.
Posted Image

Team Captain of the San Jose Falcons

#21 Dragonrain

Dragonrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Maybe this may have been questioned initially,but the pants that I am looking for would have to be good both on a speedball field and the woods since I do both and do not want to have two sets of pants. I have been looking at camo style pants as well, but can't really decide which would be best for both game types.

#22 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

I believe the Planet Eclipse Camo pants are quite well for both fields of play. http://shop.planetec...uct.asp?id=4406

The Dye Tactical pants could be pretty good too. http://www.ansgear.c...nts_s/3753.htm.

and otherwise there is always the Valken V-Tac pants. http://www.ansgear.c...ants_s/1851.htm

It really depends on what your preference goes to. Both normal paintball pants and Camo pants can work in both scenario's. It just depends on what your style is I guess.

As for Orange Chicken, He aint't doing nothing wrong. I heard good things about the disruptive pants and I ordered me a pair. (I wonder how long it takes before they ship.. its been a week now lol)

#23 Ben-SFAPB

Ben-SFAPB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Maybe this may have been questioned initially,but the pants that I am looking for would have to be good both on a speedball field and the woods since I do both and do not want to have two sets of pants. I have been looking at camo style pants as well, but can't really decide which would be best for both game types.

Pants don't have to be camo to be good for wooodsball. Stick to darker colors like grey or black and you will be just fine. The main thing you want to avoid is having some bright color being noticed while you are sneaking around in the woods.

You can also take a look at the JT Team Pants. They run about $50 and have been great pants since 2007. Link to pants.
Posted Image
My Feedback Here

#24 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Honestly you could even have a bright orange pants and it would make little difference if you were wearing camo. Especially for paintball. The best camo when sneaking around in the woods? Not moving.

#25 Ben-SFAPB

Ben-SFAPB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Honestly you could even have a bright orange pants and it would make little difference if you were wearing camo. Especially for paintball. The best camo when sneaking around in the woods? Not moving.

Wait, what? So paintballers are like the T-rex from Jurassic Park? We only see what moves and it doesn't matter if there is a big patch of bright orange sitting next to a tree?

Hunters wear bright orange in order to be seen by other hunters in the woods.
Posted Image
My Feedback Here

#26 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

No, what im saying is camo isnt really as effective in paintball as just not moving when they are looking in your direction. Its pretty easy to sneak up on people in the woods in even the brightest of colors if you just are careful. You could be in a full ghillie suit, and people will easily catch you when you're moving, especially when your in the range that paintball is usually played in

#27 Ben-SFAPB

Ben-SFAPB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

No, what im saying is camo isnt really as effective in paintball as just not moving when they are looking in your direction. Its pretty easy to sneak up on people in the woods in even the brightest of colors if you just are careful. You could be in a full ghillie suit, and people will easily catch you when you're moving, especially when your in the range that paintball is usually played in

While it is indeed easier to spot a moving player than a non moving player, wearing darker colors still makes a considerable difference when it comes to concealment. Especially if you are standing still. I can be standing still like a statue, but someone notices my bright pink pants and there goes the whole purpose of people hiding in woodsball in the first place.

While being perfectly still will greatly factor into if people notice your presence or not, you must admit that wearing darker colors will only add to that ability to go unnoticed. Where bright colors may serve as a detriment.

So in summary, while it is possible to play woodsball and go unnoticed in bright colored gear, it is not the ideal situation, and could be improved by wearing dark clothes instead. These same dark clothes function just fine in the world of speedball since there is no advantage to wearing a particular color there.

Edited by Ben-SFAPB, 22 March 2013 - 01:58 PM.

Posted Image
My Feedback Here

#28 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

Oh no I completely agree. I just really didnt want the op to think that camo magically makes you invisible in the woods or makes it automatically so much easier to hide, or that he absolutely needs to buy an olive or camo pair.

#29 Ben-SFAPB

Ben-SFAPB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Oh no I completely agree. I just really didnt want the op to think that camo magically makes you invisible in the woods or makes it automatically so much easier to hide, or that he absolutely needs to buy an olive or camo pair.

Haha, I guess I mistook your earlier message as directed towards me then. Posted Image My bad.

Yeah, camo in paintball is more for style than actual concealment. It really has no considerable advantage over a standard black pair of pants other than breaking up your outline a bit more. So, all in all camo is a bit overrated unless you are actually hunting something with sharper vision than a human.
Posted Image
My Feedback Here

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users