• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gtcpaintball

gtcpaintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

I'm very curious to get a 6 pack. I have been wanting one for the last 4 years, but always stop before I actually get them.

My stomach is pretty hard, I currently run about 3 times a week plus 150 crunches a day (monday through friday) and rest on the weekends.

What are some at home exercises I could do to get a 6 pack?

I'm 155-160 pounds 6 foot to 6 foot 1
Visit my website at: www.gtcpaintball.com
Follow me on Twitter: @Gtcgabe12

#2 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

I like doing weighted crunches, which you can do at home if you have some light dumbbells 5-15lbs. Just put one behind your head and do regular crunches, but with WEIGHT! Obviously you'll be doing less reps than 150, and make sure you keep good form (don't cheat with your arms).

I also do leg lifts, you can do them at home too.

Doing these two core exercises (and losing a bit of weight) got me a decent 6 pack. I'm about 5'10'' 155lbs.

Edited by SilentButDeadly, 21 March 2013 - 10:46 PM.

As seen on: PBreview IOG

#3 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Eat correctly. End of discussion. Abs are made in the kitchen not the gym.

#4 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

this ^^^

#5 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

This. And fat burning isolation exercises don't work.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#6 gtcpaintball

gtcpaintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

I tend to eat fairly decent, but I might eat something not good maybe twice a week. I'm pretty skinny, idk if it'll be healthy if I lost a little more weight without gaining muscle :)

#7 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,444 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

to get "abs", you need to reduce your body fat percentage over your ENTIRE body

"spot training" does not work. You can't be at 20% body fat, and still have 6 pack abs. Once you get to about 10 to 12% percent, you will start to see definition in your abs

If you want to do a quick workout, doing crunches does NOTHING to reduce body fat in your abdomen. You need to think "bigger", you need to work a much bigger muscle group, which burns more calories, which helps reduce body fat, which will eventually help you start to see definition in your abs

Doing squats, which uses considerably more muscle than crunches, is a MUCH better movement that burns more calories than crunches do. You need to think "calorie burn", not spot training.

Posted Image

The chart above should help make this more clear. You need to reduce your body fat percentage over your ENTIRE body, you can't have 25% body fat but doing 3,000 crunches a day, and have a 6-pack abdomen section

You need to reduce the fat that is COVERING your abs, Scooby makes a great video on this too-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95xRTID478I

#8 gtcpaintball

gtcpaintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

Thanks Mike for the guidance. I'll get right on that!

So would running a mile a day
3 x 25 Burpee
150-350 (going up 50 a day) M-F
150 Crunches

every day would be beneficial?

Edited by gtcpaintball, 25 March 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#9 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

No. Get a gym membership, do a clean bulk. After you've gained 10-20lbs in muscle/fat do a cut for a couple months. I only recommend this because you'll look like a twig just cutting weight. Abs aren't that great anyways, pecs are better ;)

Edited by G4paintballer, 25 March 2013 - 06:13 PM.

Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#10 ballsonyourface3395

ballsonyourface3395

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

NO holy hell. I know you people are bombarded with false info but ill try to help you understand a few things.

First what they mean by spot reduction is you cant lose body fat in just one place gut, arms, legs, etc. Your genetics are were the weight will fall of first. I dont know anyone in 20%bf that has abs. But my buddy can get to 15% and still have a 6 pack. I personally wont have one until 3 months before show were I cut down from 12-14bf to low4-5%bf. At 12% you can see them but movie star and front cover abs dont come in for me until about 7-8% 

You can however work out an area and make it look less fat because of the muscle underneath. Abs, arms, and legs are great at doing this. It is not getting rid of any more fat then it normally would but if does appear that way to the naked eye because muscles are budging through. 

As for ab training abs are one of the workouts I used to struggle the most in. But personally for my mileage you have to switch it up. Also those excises are only working your upper abs which are the easiest abs to get. 

you should add in 

leg lifts

masion twist

ab rollers

v ups

CLA is the only supplement I would recommend. It has pretty good studies showing to be one of the few supplements that can do spot reduction. But it really only helps your body use more storage fat when your on a very tight and locked down diet plan. Taking CLA and eating normal you might as well flush money down the crapper.

Also just a word of advice if your looking for movie star abs get ready to become a very boring person. To maintain a 6-8% bf range isn't easy. I sit at 9-10 I have abs but they arnt what Id call cut up but then again I prolly have a little higher standard. Some people I know who stay at 6-8%bf all the time a great guys and gals but just become such a bore to be around. Wont grab a drink for social times, wont grab a late night meal, won't do a lot of cheat day stuff because the track their macros to the .0005 grams of protein fat and carb intakes. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users