Photo

You get an A5 and I get any electro I want

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Electro BPS = Semi Auto Electro (37 member(s) have cast votes)

BPS Cap to make my electro fair against your A5

1. 3 or less (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

2. 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 5 (5 votes [13.51%])

Percentage of vote: 13.51%

4. 6 (3 votes [8.11%])

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

5. 7 (4 votes [10.81%])

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

6. 8 (6 votes [16.22%])

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

7. 9 or more (18 votes [48.65%])

Percentage of vote: 48.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 PBphilosopher

PBphilosopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

What you would cap my semi auto electro at in order to make a fair fight against an A5?

Edited by PBphilosopher, 21 March 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#2 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

I wouldn't makes the victory sweeter
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#3 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

I'm not.shure what's really going on, but 10-12 BPS seems decent.for everybody no.matter what gun.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#4 pc_baller

pc_baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

as long as your on semi it doesnt really matter
+2/-0my feedback

First gain the victory and then make the best use of it---Horatio Nelson

#5 PBphilosopher

PBphilosopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

So you are saying that a $1,000 electro in semi mode is roughly equivalent to a $170 Tippman in terms of field performance?

#6 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Pull the trigger they all go bang
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#7 pc_baller

pc_baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

no just saying if i capped at 8 and you just happened to be someone that can walk an a5 trigger like a beast then that would be a little to your advantage
+2/-0my feedback

#8 PBphilosopher

PBphilosopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

So if they are all so similar, why do people talk down the Tippmann type guns so much?

#9 pc_baller

pc_baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

when it comes to speed any gun can shoot 12 bps but performance is much different
+2/-0my feedback

#10 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

when it comes to speed any gun can shoot 12 bps but performance is much different

This. Some people want a super smooth spool, some people want a poppit, cool people want pumps, and others prefer good ol' mechs.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#11 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

So if they are all so similar, why do people talk down the Tippmann type guns so much?

It's not just Tippmann but the milisim style comes with a distinct disadvantage especially Tippmanns but if its what you want who cares? I would say with a single trigger the max you could pull of without making your shots wildly inaccurate would be 5 bps with a single trigger Tippmann since that's what they come with stock where as if you bought a speedball marker some people can walk at 15 bps or higher. Now if the marker can handle that without chopping is another thing lol

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#12 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

all these tippmann threads make me giggle.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#13 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

The again that only matters if you play big games or go somewhere other then the woods I play speedball a lot but its always fun to go just mess around with friends so I take my Axe and go have fun the same Axe I'm shooting 10.5 semi at people on the speedball field practicing against D3 teams so you can see the difference in usability and the styling of the marker has a bit to do with that.

Every time I feel like ITS A TRAP LOL

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#14 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

There's no reason to handicap yourself with your electro to play against a buddy shooting an A5.

its all paintball and it's all bout having fun. Shoot what ya like in any game ya like, be safe and let the haters go shove it were the sun don't shine.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#15 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

I don't think rate of fire really matters. If you're shooting an electro in uncapped semi, and want to give a guy with a tippmann a break, that's completely up to you.
Seriously, it's not that hard to just pull the trigger less. All this talk of caps is unnecessary so long as the people playing are able to reasonably control their own rates of fire.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#16 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

You can put your electro on ramp for all I care, I'll take you on with my mag fed and still call it a fair fight. Don't make no difference to me.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

These tippmann threads...its like crack to me. But I refuse to make this another 150+ post thread like the one I started.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#18 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

no just saying if i capped at 8 and you just happened to be someone that can walk an a5 trigger like a beast then that would be a little to your advantage

I think you've got the rolls reversed in this scenario. YOU have the A5, he has something else.

You're going to see this ALL the time on the internet. People have confidence in their own ability, but not in the ability of others. This explains why you'll see a lot of "don't buy this if you're just starting out", and then "I'm not worried about what you're using, I'll beat you with a slingshot!"

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. Realistically, almost no new player will have the same ability as somebody who has been playing for several years. Every year at Thanksgiving my extended family plays Paintball together. I bought a pump last October to disadvantage myself because my family is that bad. We played for several hours, and even with a pump against electros, I was only shot twice all day, and one of them was in a 4v1 game.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#19 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

#20 ZzBrutality

ZzBrutality

Better than the best

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Uncapped ramping, because yolo.

#21 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

someone that can walk an a5 trigger

:dodgy:

I love you.

#22 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

ROF makes no difference, I pick up a rental all the time and play against other regulars with electros without any issue.

#23 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

I assure you, it's possible; but it might involve.......... Fanning!

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#24 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Well you see, I can bunker you almost as easily with an a5 as I could with my shocker (I'm pretty sure they weigh about the same). While RoF might give someone an advantage, skill can easily make up for it.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#25 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

With an A5 trigger? How the hell do you accomplish that?

I love you.

#26 recreationalpb

recreationalpb

Member Title

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

i would want it to be civil war style (load balls by hand) with the a5 that would make it fair for the electro :dodgy:

#27 pc_baller

pc_baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

it requires a chicken wing and your whole arm moving fast

my friend does it with his alpha and he can do it pretty fast :o
+2/-0my feedback

#28 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

So you are saying that a $1,000 electro in semi mode is roughly equivalent to a $170 Tippman in terms of field performance?

As long as they both shoot paint it doesn't matter.

#29 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Its the player, not the gun. If it were me I wouldn't care as long as you were on semi. If you are playing a newer player and can't cap yourself (ie with your brain) I'd say 7, or billy ball if yoy have it

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#30 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

firing mode was never specified Posted Image
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#31 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

It doesnt matter what anyone has on the field, I've been in games with seasoned players shooting droids, egos, timmies, etc. and stomped them when running around with a semi A5 while they had ramping.

I've also seen a fellow using 2 pistols on a speedball field eliminate an entire team.

Just play and ignore high price tag markers, they really don't make you a better player.

#32 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'll say it a second time, the technique is called fanning. Look it up.
Yes it's bad form for speedball, but who cares in the woods?

#33 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

i would want it to be civil war style (load balls by hand) with the a5 that would make it fair for the electro :dodgy:

actually with the cyclone on an A5 you could have ~10 balls in the cyclone itself appose to the 2-3 in an electro so the A5 would have an advantage.

Just both take your barrels off and play snub nose

#34 PBphilosopher

PBphilosopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

It's not just Tippmann but the milisim style comes with a distinct disadvantage especially Tippmanns but if its what you want who cares? I would say with a single trigger the max you could pull of without making your shots wildly inaccurate would be 5 bps with a single trigger Tippmann since that's what they come with stock where as if you bought a speedball marker some people can walk at 15 bps or higher. Now if the marker can handle that without chopping is another thing lol

This is what I was curious about. Our group only allows mechanicals at 8 BPS or less, to keep the game inexpensive and fair. Some guys were asking about getting electros, so we were wondering what we should cap the electros at in order to make everyone equal gun wise so that skill is the deciding factor, not guns.

#35 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

A5 hoppers can feed up to 15bps. Nuff said.
I am a raccoon.

#36 pc_baller

pc_baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

This is what I was curious about. Our group only allows mechanicals at 8 BPS or less, to keep the game inexpensive and fair. Some guys were asking about getting electros, so we were wondering what we should cap the electros at in order to make everyone equal gun wise so that skill is the deciding factor, not guns.

1. how do you cap a mech?

2. id say if the mechs were capped at 8 either let the electro's play at 7 or 8 so it is even probably 7 just because you can pull the trigger faster on an electro
+2/-0my feedback

#37 PBphilosopher

PBphilosopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

Poopfairy:

Cyclone can feed at 15bps, but the mechanics of the gun will only shoot +- 8 BPS in its stock configuration. http://www.tippmann.com/a5.aspx (the specs here rate it at 8 BPS)

pc baller:

How we cap: We cap initially by going by manufacturer specs. Then by disallowing any mods "that could potentially increase ROF" So no Mags or Cockers, no egrips, response, light springs, double triggers etc...

One gun we are currently considering is the enmey-- which, i think, shoots at about 10 bps. First we will put the spring on max tension and see if we can get it down to 8. If that doesn't work, we will spec out some heavier springs to see if the rate of fire will slow without messing up the feel of the trigger. If not, we will probably allow it at what ever the BPS is at stock spring max tension. A lot of us really like the technology on the gun, so if we get and like it, it would be worth allowing a slightly higher ROF.

Why we cap:

1. It allows more movement on the field, which is better exercise and more fun.
2. It gives the advantage to the player who can move and who thinks strategically, not the player who spent the most money on equipment/paint.
3. It eliminates PERCEIVED advantage. Everyone on our field knows that you will never lose because someone spent more/had better equip/more paint. If you win/lose on our field, it is 100% because of you and everybody knows that.
4. It's MUCH MUCH cheaper. Nobody on our field complains or misses a game because of money. You get competitive guns for under $100 and You pay less than $15 for a half case that lasts you all day, some guys just get a bag and play for less than $10.

So you think caping the autos at 7 BPS would be fair? We have been thinking around 5 or 6 because there are other advantages to electros besides just ROF. What are your thoughts on that?

#38 pc_baller

pc_baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

very good points there and i would like if my field had some rules like that (or any rules for that mater) when you break it down like that i think 5 would be very fair just because usually elecro's have a lighter trigger allowing them to actually hit their cap while a mech has a stronger pull which in some cases might not let you reach that 8 bps cap so id say around 5 bps sounds fair to me :tup:
+2/-0my feedback

#39 PBphilosopher

PBphilosopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

very good points there and i would like if my field had some rules like that (or any rules for that mater) when you break it down like that i think 5 would be very fair just because usually elecro's have a lighter trigger allowing them to actually hit their cap while a mech has a stronger pull which in some cases might not let you reach that 8 bps cap so id say around 5 bps sounds fair to me :tup:

I made a couple posts asking people the ROF they prefer and most say 10+. I wonder if that is TWICE as fun as 5 BPS and if 20BPS is twice as fun as 10BPS. It has to be twice as fun, or it's not worth the extra money.

10BPS is about the same and the 240B and SAW (machine guns) and 13 times faster than the an M-4 in semi automatic.

I worked at a church camp where we had to limit the balls to 20 per game and people had the time of their lives. I think if people were to really sit back and consider how to make paintball more fun/easy/fair/cheaper that it could become one of the most popular sports in the US.

#40 pc_baller

pc_baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I made a couple posts asking people the ROF they prefer and most say 10+. I wonder if that is TWICE as fun as 5 BPS and if 20BPS is twice as fun as 10BPS. It has to be twice as fun, or it's not worth the extra money.

10BPS is about the same and the 240B and SAW (machine guns) and 13 times faster than the an M-4 in semi automatic.

I worked at a church camp where we had to limit the balls to 20 per game and people had the time of their lives. I think if people were to really sit back and consider how to make paintball more fun/easy/fair/cheaper that it could become one of the most popular sports in the US.

just because people want to shoot 10 bps doesnt mean their laying ropes down the whole game it just allows you that extra firepower when you need
+2/-0my feedback

#41 PBphilosopher

PBphilosopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

just because people want to shoot 10 bps doesnt mean their laying ropes down the whole game it just allows you that extra firepower when you need

very true.

#42 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

fucking 26 bps, so when I shoot you my testosterone will shoot through the fucking roof!
109.gif

#43 PBphilosopher

PBphilosopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

fucking 26 bps, so when I shoot you my testosterone will shoot through the fucking roof!

BPS does not affect testosterone levels. I think the question was what would make you even, not what would have the most effect on your hormone levels.

#44 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

These threads don't change the opinions of the players... Just because the answers you receive don't make you happy doesn't mean more threads are necessary. I'm still going to say 12.5 BPS since an A5 has the capability to do just that.

#45 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

BPS does not affect testosterone levels. I think the question was what would make you even, not what would have the most effect on your hormone levels.

109.gif

#46 PBphilosopher

PBphilosopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

These threads don't change the opinions of the players... Just because the answers you receive don't make you happy doesn't mean more threads are necessary. I'm still going to say 12.5 BPS since an A5 has the capability to do just that.

The thread was not meant to change opinions, only to hear what people's were. If you think the A5 is equivalent to an electro that shoots 12.5, would you say it would be a suitable tournament gun?

#47 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

The thread was not meant to change opinions, only to hear what people's were. If you think the A5 is equivalent to an electro that shoots 12.5, would you say it would be a suitable tournament gun?

I'm pretty sure he just said that the gun could shoot 12.5 bps, not 'a suitable tournament gun'.

#48 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

The Tippinators seem to think so. If ROF is all we're talking about, an A5 is fine for tournament. If size and weight come into play, I would say no.

Edited by XGC_Cheevo, 28 March 2013 - 08:04 AM.

#49 pumpmaster flex

pumpmaster flex

pumpin it up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

ill play four guys on one you all can have your freakin spectacular tippmanns, i will take only one feed tube full of paint you can carry all the pods you want. i will pop you all in the noggin with my grey ghost...ill go bobby dukes on yall
Posted Image

#50 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

ill play four guys on one you all can have your freakin spectacular tippmanns, i will take only one feed tube full of paint you can carry all the pods you want. i will pop you all in the noggin with my grey ghost...ill go bobby dukes on yall

...and then wipe?
Booyakah booyakah, we put the paint on ya.
Booyakah booyakah

Edited by Orange Chicken, 28 March 2013 - 04:31 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users