• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PaintBa11Kid

PaintBa11Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

I can not find a team that wants another player or other people to start a team. Any advice on starting or joining a team?

Thanks in advance

Edited by PaintBa11Kid, 21 March 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#2 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

do you go ballin with friends, or do you meet up with any buds at the field ? starting a team is generally just a bunch of friends that like ballin and hangin together. grab a name, stay together at the field and practice as a group, and there ya go... you're a team

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,286 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

I can not find a team that wants another player or other people to start a team. Any advice on starting or joining a team?

Thanks in advance

Play at a field where teams play. Over time youll get to know them and get a chance for tryouts, or if they see you doing well they might just offer you a spot on the team without even trying out.

#4 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

If you go to PBNation, they have an active community for showing up to area games, tourneys, tryouts, new team listings, etc. you are from VA ? They have threads for team tryouts there as well

check this
http://www.pbnation....splay.php?f=548

#5 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Find out when teams are practicing at the fields and be there. Ask them if you can join in. I've gone to fields I've never been to before and gotten in on practices while out of town. The key is to keep out of the way and not slow down the teams work. They are doing you a favor so keep that in mind. After a little while if they see you have competence, work hard, and learn quickly the invitation to join will come. Also if you find large open practices with multiple teams there will often be pickup teams forming for the day. This is a good way to find people in between teams willing to make one with you. Get into the scene and get to know people and let them see what you can do.

#6 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

just go and play, also talk to people

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Go play a bunch. Show off. Attract the team. If you really want to start a team, just play with friends constantly until you decide yourself to call it a team. But to join one? Find a place with local teams, and make them want you. Look agg, play well, and they'll be wanting you on their team in no time.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Go play a bunch. Show off. Attract the team. If you really want to start a team, just play with friends constantly until you decide yourself to call it a team. But to join one? Find a place with local teams, and make them want you. Look agg, play well, and they'll be wanting you on their team in no time.

This. Especially the agg part.

Make sure all your gear matches, and is a "cool" company, like Disruptive or HK. Also make sure to wear your pack over your jersey (you dont need those extra bounces). Your ability to actually play the game at a proficient level comes second to all this stuff.

dodgy.avi.mp3.jpg.png

Posted Image

#9 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

if you look good, peope will want you on their team, regardless of how you play... skills mean nothing next to looking the part...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users