• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

I am going to Tech Wars in a few weeks. It will be my first big scenario game. I am wanting to pick a tactical vest. The shop here doesn't carry any right now but will order for me. But that means I am going of pictures. I am looking at the Tippmann Patrol vest which I like other than it looks like a pain to take off. So I decide to ask you guys what vest you like and don't like and why? I know I want to be able to carry a hydration bladder. I haven't decided if I am going with a remote line this game or not but will likely try one at some point. So which ones should I look at?

#2 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

Condor operator plate carrier. Best value hands down. Built tough. It's molle so you can add what you want to. I've got it set up pretty light with mag pouches for the dam a spot for 12 rnd tubes, tank, and dump pouch

#3 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

I will check them out

#4 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

Not a lot of experience here but I just picked up a used vest (appears to be a V-Tac Tango I) it's nice and comfortable, molle, and all mesh. I have no idea how much the previous owner actually used it, but it seems like brand new.

I'll give you some feedback once I've used it.

#5 Blind Eye

Blind Eye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

I spent a lot of time looking over different vests and I think it all comes down to what style you want. Decide on what features you're looking for and narrow your search.

For me I had 4 vest requirements:
1 - I wanted a front zip and buckle vest. Not a pullover, side close vest.
2 - It had to match my outfit, flecktarn. This narrowed my search a ton.
3 - I wanted a crossdraw holster.
4 - I did NOT want integrated pouches. It had to be removeable.

I know a lot of people don't like Rap4, and I don't care for their customer service really myself. None the less I went with their Strike Force vest by usmilitarygear.com and couldn't be happier. It's super tough and the velcro snap/combination leaves no room for pouches to move or bounce.

Edited by Blind Eye, 25 March 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#6 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

One more question. Would I be better to wait till I see some in person. That big game is in two weeks. But I would hate to buy a vest that once I see in person I hated. I know at the game I will see all sorts of them up close

#7 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

One more question. Would I be better to wait till I see some in person. That big game is in two weeks. But I would hate to buy a vest that once I see in person I hated. I know at the game I will see all sorts of them up close

I think if you go with a fully MOLLE vest then you don't really need to wait and see one in person, as they are essentially all the same until you start customizing your pouch configuration.

I played outdoor this past Saturday with my Valken Tango Vest. Very comfortable, I tucked in my shirt so I could use the belt loops (haven't tried it without doing this), I had no problems with the vest riding up, or the belt loops restricting my movement (and I have a fairly long frame, 6'1"). It has a huge inside pouch for a hydration bladder, it is a front zip with adjustable side straps. Feel free to message me if there is anything else you would like to know about it.

#8 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

If you're really going to go the vest route, do yourself a favor and go MOLLE.

I used to use a vest, and I was too cheap and found one that looked like it'd work for me. Took forever to sell later on because it wasn't MOLLE and you couldn't adjust where pouches were. With MOLLE, it let's you do whatever you want and lets you change it as your play style evolves. Not to mention if you resell later on, it helps there.

Edited by Akkadian_Tim, 01 April 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#9 Blind Eye

Blind Eye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Contact Gabriel Casillas, at MiliateryAssaultGear.com

He can get you hooked up with a condor system to fit your needs.

#10 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

Contact Gabriel Casillas, at MiliateryAssaultGear.com

He can get you hooked up with a condor system to fit your needs.

this times 10000. I order almost all of my soft gear from him.

#11 11Hook

11Hook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Remember that full tactical vests can get pretty hot in the summer (in winter it is not so bad). I personally prefer battle belt / older type load bearing equipment (LBE / LBV). You can find lots of modern molle battle belt stuff in any camo pattern you want. Valken's Echo & Bravo vests are a good starting point as well, and won't break the bank.

#12 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Ehh, stay hydrated and make sure you have enough salt in your system, you'll be fine. If the vest has a built in hydration pouch, if you put ice cold water in a bladder and put it in the pouch, you'll stay pretty cool

Edited by robot0ninja, 10 April 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#13 AKAnotHIM

AKAnotHIM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Try goint to a surplus store and get a mole vest, it will be stronger than any pantball vest out there ....but it will cost big dollers I paid 180 for the one i use

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users