60 replies to this topic

#51 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

No they really dont. Some people may not like them because of the SLG, which would nearly never work for most players so they thought it sucked. It could also be because they make mid to low end guns, in which the generalize all of which to "suck".
But they really dont. Great smooth shooting guns, and the reason why the reflex rail is one of my favorite guns is because its a decent platform that comes in a great amount of colors and designs.

Thanks for responding. Do you think that an axe is good for 350?

Jump right on it! The axe is a great marker for 450, getting it for 350 is a steal!

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#52 Mike:)

Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

No they really dont. Some people may not like them because of the SLG, which would nearly never work for most players so they thought it sucked. It could also be because they make mid to low end guns, in which the generalize all of which to "suck".
But they really dont. Great smooth shooting guns, and the reason why the reflex rail is one of my favorite guns is because its a decent platform that comes in a great amount of colors and designs.

Jump right on it! The axe is a great marker for 450, getting it for 350 is a steal!

Well the first maker for for 350? Thats a lot of my bank account. Thats a lot of my bank account lol

#53 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Well the first maker for for 350? Thats a lot of my bank account. Thats a lot of my bank account lol

You can get a used axe anywhere in the 300-350 range. If you would rather wait for a cheaper one, it will come.

#54 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

Well it really depends on how much you are willing to invest initially. My uncle started with(thanks to my guidance) a 68/4500 Disruptive, a Vforce Grill, and either an alien invasion or a DM9, not sure which he is using now, and he hasnt changed that setup one bit.
Me on the otherhand, started with, and still have, a plethera of nice low ends, crappy equipment followed by better equipment and polished with the best equipment, and still no nice mid end marker. All for probably more than my uncle.
But you can easily use a 250 dollar marker and be done for your life.
Friends dad first bought a stock class phantom from the 90's. He still uses that to this day everytime I see him on the field.

#55 HampZz0n

HampZz0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

Ego 6,7,8 its good beginner markers, they are easy to handle, they have display and its easy to take out the bolt to clean and put on new oil.

Edited by HampZz0n, 10 April 2013 - 02:07 AM.

#56 Mike:)

Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Hmmm. Do you own any of them?

#57 TexasPaint

TexasPaint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

I agree. My 2010 reflex shoots amazing and never has problems. They are built really well for the price they are. if you want a good beginner marker i would go with a proto.

#58 Paintball junky

Paintball junky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Go for the proto rail, if you get it used than you will be all set. and if you really arnt sure than just try to find someone with one and see how it feels, its a great marker if you get it for a okay price.
Posted Image

#59 Gary Preciado

Gary Preciado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Save up another $50 and go for the Proto Rail! Absolute best marker for the price!

Personally I think the Dangerous power e1 is grat for the price but I nightly recommend a used DP g4 or some used mid-high end

DP guns are leaky and cheap.

The E1? Really? What's he gonna do with 2 firing modes?

-Semi

-25BPS FULL AUTO? (DP what were smoking?)

E1's a piece of crap. Don't even think about it.

The dp g4 is a great gun if you know how to maintain it my g4 is awesome

#60 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Its not that maintence and reliability is an issue. I mean, it still is, but thd real issue is that the engine is kicky and loud like a poppit, but innefficient like a spool. Couple that with lack of quality control by DP, and you got a pretty bad choicd for a marker.

#61 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

You want something reliable and tournament legal. Used Etek2 springs to mind. Not the best shooting thing in the world but they're cheap, reliable and tournament legal.

Edited by Nobben #44, 12 April 2013 - 05:12 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users