• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 saintnoir

saintnoir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

I was just wondering if anyone had run into this odd reaction lately.
I just got finished helping my girlfriend build her first automag and autococker, headed out to the local indoor field to test them out and have some fun had anything but.The whole day me using either my eyeball cocker or blazer i got some of the worst attitude ive seen in a looong time.Overshooting (15-20 to my back as i walked off)and non stop whining/ accusations of wiping and cheating.Got to the point of the refs telling the other players to "shut the hell up im watching him"..i had a few refs say sorry for having to follow me but the arsehats wouldnt shut up.I doubt if ill ever get my girlfriend onto a speedball field again or even play after the hammering she got.
Played at the same field today but used my phantom,taso black widow, and a t2 no problems.Got compliments on being a sneaky bastard in the snake.switched to the bob long vert feed and the same arsehat attitude started up again. Has anyone else ever run into people having a weird bias against mechs but not pumps?
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion"
2k3 dark angel,2k1 c@c angel,dark ir3,2k1 angel,99 led,2k2 lcd,2kad,05,06 speed,g7,A1,A1 fly......yup i like angels

#2 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Not that I've ever seen.
Only bias towards people who play at the "Rival field"

#3 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

First, good luck getting her back to paintball.

Second, never go back to that field. Sounds like it's not worth it at all.

Third, never seen a reaction like that over gear. It's usually more about who is a "regular" at which field, or team rivalries, or some other way that people splinter and divide themselves. That, and a lot of people are just that way already, regardless of reason.

#4 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

It's just like online gaming, there's always going to be something someone bitches about. It's in human nature to talk trash on superior things out of pure jealousy.

Just play a game against them, then swap 1 person for you the next game and play ahead of the bs claimers so they can see what you're doing the whole time. Just don't stoop to their level and overshoot the crap out of them, no matter how bad they desperately need it.

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

I have with local teams at the fields, but they say it more as a joking complement. Like: "This annoying bastard over there in the diamond with his mech and all..."
But ive only that specific reaction with our rival, which coincidentally is a scenario team at Disruptive's only rival field in tucson, which is more milsim than anything. Get crap for "lack of stretegy and precision" or some bs.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#6 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

I had my mech autococker out last weekend and had the opposite reaction. Everyone wanted to know wtf it was :rolleyes: and then they wanted to shoot it. These were hardcore speedball guys too, we regularly get D1 teams practicing in the mornings.

Sounds like your field is full of immature douchers.

Edited by SilentButDeadly, 22 March 2013 - 05:30 PM.

As seen on: PBreview IOG

#7 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Silent,

I get those kinds of reactions with my Viking. They always are so confused, then anyone who holds it, the first comment is about the weight.

#8 saintnoir

saintnoir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

actually the field is great ive just been seeing more and more of these wandering douchebag groups appear for a month or two then fade away,thell be tourny wannabes( never ever see em in nepl),milsim wannabes( couldnt hack one week of boot let along graduate) they drift in whine bitch and generally act like spoiled six year olds then move to the next field.
I figure ill just piss em off more by using old mechs and goging them

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion"
2k3 dark angel,2k1 c@c angel,dark ir3,2k1 angel,99 led,2k2 lcd,2kad,05,06 speed,g7,A1,A1 fly......yup i like angels

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users