• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Mike:)

Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

As always, you should start off with a good, quality mask. I want a mask with anti-fogging, and a duel pane lens. I want it to be nice on my wallet too. Any suggestions would be perfect. Thanks

#2 Vidalecent

Vidalecent

Low-end <3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

I'm going to go with a JT Proflex. $62 + S&H on ANSgear. A lot of people love the mask.

#3 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

I'll.vouch for.the proflexes also. Pick.up.the event ears with it and you.have a pretty solid mask.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#4 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

Do try it on before buying. As great as flex masks are, I don't like the way they fit me. I highly recommend going to a paintball shop or your field's pro shop and trying on every mask they have.

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

Try them out first. Make sure the lenses is thermal or a Vforce, which has thermal baked cure into them. Do not skimp on a mask. Vforce makes great masks that are cheaper than the highest of the high. Profilers, or Grills, are great masks. I would try skipping the JT Proflex, but if it fits you and you don't mind the lack of quick change lens. Seriously, the lenses are a pain to change, and it gets annoying. Also, the soft ears are notorious for...sucking. So I would look at some events ears or Dye i3 ears for it. But at that point, you have spent as much as a VForce Profiler or a Grill, so I would go with one of those if you like the feel and looks for them.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

If you don't like the Proflex the Vforce Profiler is another really good option.

#7 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Thanks everyone. I will go back to my park next week to try on some masks. The profiler sounds like a really good mask to get, but i have to keep in mind that i don't have a shop within 40 miles if my city. The park only has a few masks( is in about 4).

#8 Llabtniap

Llabtniap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Empire(Invert) Helix - May not have the best foam, but pretty awesome for $32
My feedback: http://www.techpb.co...0

LLABTNIAP
PAINTBALL

#9 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

<><><>bump<><><>

#10 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Proto Switch FS is $50

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

GXG 4+5 Pod Pack-Camo                                         4+5 orGxG  4+1 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#11 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

Proto Switch FS is $50

I'll second this recommendation. I own one and love it. Ears and jaw are fully covered and the front is far enough away from my mouth that the force of a paintball hitting me there doesn't feel like a punch in the lips. Also, it has never ever fogged on me.

#12 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Flex for sure, there's a reason they've been around forever. They're great!

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#13 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Proto Switch FS is $50

I'll second this recommendation. I own one and love it. Ears and jaw are fully covered and the front is far enough away from my mouth that the force of a paintball hitting me there doesn't feel like a punch in the lips. Also, it has never ever fogged on me.

Have mine coming in the mail

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

GXG 4+5 Pod Pack-Camo                                         4+5 orGxG  4+1 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#14 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Empire vidar are really good for 50

Lulzjustacat.png

#15 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

Flex 8 are pretty good

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#16 J manwill

J manwill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

Gi milsim sleek mask is AMAZING for te price! I had one and used it all last season. Never fogged, has a nice strap, uses profiler lenses, and has incredibly quick release lenses.
Only kinda downside is it sits high on your face, and it's made of all hard plastic so it's not like he proflexes. However it is 35 bucks or something like that! So much cheaper than proflexes

#17 Pewis

Pewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

well any of the above are great masks but I'd have to say that the best mask for under $50 is the jt reaper. I think it's only 30 bucks and you can't go wrong with it.

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

well any of the above are great masks but I'd have to say that the best mask for under $50 is the jt reaper. I think it's only 30 bucks and you can't go wrong with it.

I will disagree with that. Poor breathability, lenses are going to be hard to find soon, and Im pretty sure the stock lenses arent thermal.

#19 Pewis

Pewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

I will disagree with that. Poor breathability, lenses are going to be hard to find soon, and Im pretty sure the stock lenses arent thermal.

I've used them and from what i have experienced, you cannot expect more for 30 dollars. I guess a good alternative would be the proto switch mask.

#20 GoG-eXTCy

GoG-eXTCy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

JT Proflex for sure!!! B) :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Been Playing Paintball for 2 years.... Also recommend me a New Gun For Under $275!

#21 raven_op

raven_op

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

buy a high end mask on the bst. people sell them all the time here and you can find one for cheap sometimes (just make sure you clean it before you play with it).

#22 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

hmmm what about the fit though

#23 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Unless its Vforce Grills or Empire Eflex/events, do not buy a used mask. Thats gross. Its like buying someones underwear. With the grills and the empire masks, you can at least buy replacement foam, which makes it less nasty.

#24 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Unless its Vforce Grills or Empire Eflex/events, do not buy a used mask. Thats gross. Its like buying someones underwear. With the grills and the empire masks, you can at least buy replacement foam, which makes it less nasty.

I always thought I was a bit of a germophobe by many techpbers have outdone me.
IMO wash any mask and its perfectly fine to use. Also Im pretty sure the i4 and a couple other masks have replacement foam available too but I could be wrong.

#25 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Still nobody answered my question :/ . What about the fit. Im fifteen, average size. What would be a good sized mask though. My field doesn't supply much.

#26 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Still nobody answered my question :/ . What about the fit. Im fifteen, average size. What would be a good sized mask though. My field doesn't supply much.

Saying your age and size doesn't help us determine it. I would just go to your store and try all that you can out, as with the players at your field. If you see someone with an i4, ask them if you can try it on in the staging area. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to recommend what they believe is the best mask, given you are not sick or anything of the sorts.

But here are masks that are sure to fit most anyone:
Empire Eflex
Empire Events(Foam is ehh)
Vforce Grill
Sly Profit

Edited by Orange Chicken, 30 March 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#27 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Proflexes should fit great, they fit everything from huge to small heads
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#28 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Those are some great tips. I don't have a local shop within like 40 miles. I only have a field with a few masks (about 4)

#29 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

Are all the parts (Goggle frame, flex bottoms, ears) from an Empire eFlex compatible with the JT Proflex?

Maryland Paintballer

#30 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Are all the parts (Goggle frame, flex bottoms, ears) from an Empire eFlex compatible with the JT Proflex?

Everything except for the lenses themselves. Why do you ask?

#31 OMGitisZMD

OMGitisZMD

Maryland Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Was thinking of getting the ears for my JT Proflex. Is the flex part any smaller for the eFlex because the Flex is a bit too large for my face (looking to minimize my profile).

Maryland Paintballer

#32 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Was thinking of getting the ears for my JT Proflex. Is the flex part any smaller for the eFlex because the Flex is a bit too large for my face (looking to minimize my profile).

Yeah the Flex part is a bit smaller and sleeker than the traditional ProFlex flex bottoms. It's not as flared out, which helps with profile. But Empire has yet to separately sell the flex bottoms.

#33 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

They're different. I'm not sure I'd say larger or smaller, just a different shape.

Honestly, the whole centimeter of difference between the masks on the market isn't really going to matter anyway, just go with what's comfortable. And that is something the Proflex certainly is.

#34 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

That is, until you have to change the lenses. I'll give anyone a pod if they wanna put back together my JT Flex-8

#35 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

That is, until you have to change the lenses. I'll give anyone a pod if they wanna put back together my JT Flex-8

Inconvenience is worth saving money to some.

#36 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Oh no I agree by all means. I actually rolled my Gray JT Flex-8's for about 3 years. I just recently picked up my E-Flex in November.

#37 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Oh no I agree by all means. I actually rolled my Gray JT Flex-8's for about 3 years. I just recently picked up my E-Flex in November.

I still wanna try some E-Flexes for a while. I didn't like the fit compared to Proflexes but I've heard the foam has a break-in period of sorts.

Back on topic: OP, you can get E-Vent soft ears for $8 on ANSgear in the pattern of your choice. They are functionally identical to the ears on the E-Flex, just different aesthetics.

#38 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yeah emphasis on of sorts. Its much more firm compared to the plush spectra foam, but equally as soft. The foam makes sure it's snug and fits nice, and also feels more sturdy and less prone to rip. The break in period is probably around a day of use, and even then you won't notice much. It's nowhere near the stupid foam of the events, however.

#39 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

*Not a bump* I like chicken

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users