• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 ELITE WeSt

ELITE WeSt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

How do we help grow Paintball as a community? Give your honest opinion on how YOU would save paintball. I would market it as ab extreme sport again and bring adults in. And if adults are playing it kids will to.

What is your opinion?
If you're Gonna Be STUPID you gotta be TOUGH!

#2 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

generally speaking, i think you have it backwards. when they want to bring in a new or different niche, they market to the young, make it appear hype and cool, to get mommy and daddy to spend their money to keep junior happy. then as kids are doing it more and more, others join it and it becomes more mainstream.

#3 ELITE WeSt

ELITE WeSt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

generally speaking, i think you have it backwards. when they want to bring in a new or different niche, they market to the young, make it appear hype and cool, to get mommy and daddy to spend their money to keep junior happy. then as kids are doing it more and more, others join it and it becomes more mainstream.

Good idea but when the little kids turn 18 they feel out of place with all the kids that are around. That is why most adults leave video games when there in their 20's.
If you're Gonna Be STUPID you gotta be TOUGH!

#4 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

I like the way Tyger put it:

But personally,I think that making the sport cheaper/more accesible is the way to go.

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Give your honest opinion on how YOU would save paintball.

Paintball is not dying so this is a useless thread.

Good idea but when the little kids turn 18 they feel out of place with all the kids that are around.

There are more adults playing paintball then there are kids so your argument is invalid again.

#6 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Well, first thing you want to do is fill a planter with some nice, fertile potting mix, Miracle-Gro will work just fine. Then you want to bury the paintballs about 2-3 inches below the surface. Now you make sure they get plenty of sunlight, and water them about twice per day. Growing paintballs isn't that hard, really. I'm not quite sure why you need so much help with it.

#7 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Well, first thing you want to do is fill a planter with some nice, fertile potting mix, Miracle-Gro will work just fine. Then you want to bury the paintballs about 2-3 inches below the surface. Now you make sure they get plenty of sunlight, and water them about twice per day. Growing paintballs isn't that hard, really. I'm not quite sure why you need so much help with it.

I see what this guy did. Anyone else pick up on this?

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#8 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

and water them about twice per day.

I was told 3 times per day, maybe that is why I need a .690 barrel.

#9 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Good idea but when the little kids turn 18 they feel out of place with all the kids that are around. That is why most adults leave video games when there in their 20's.

Average age of a Video gamer is like 37 last report I saw.

#10 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

I think the best way to help paintball grow again begins with you. Bring a friend out to play. Get them hooked. Repeat.

Paintball isn't dying, but it is contracting because of the economy and players burning out (most players last what, 3-5 years? We had big numbers 5 years ago). Get more fresh blood in. Show them the ropes.

Then watch the game grow.

#11 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Bring friends and get other people interested, of all ages. I got a friend of mine hooked and a few groups of younger people interesting in playing recently.Also some kind of exposure, like commercials or something. And maybe a few reporters reporting at a psp tournament or two.

#12 116clique

116clique

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

I think the best way to help paintball grow again begins with you. Bring a friend out to play. Get them hooked. Repeat.

This.

I've had guys rag on my friends and me about how dumb we were for spending so much money and how paintball was stupid. What do I do? "Hey, how about you come with us one day?" They did... and kept coming back. No one will never enjoy the sport if they never have the chance to play it.
Posted Image

#13 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

I would spend my hard earned money to play it.

#14 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

If you were a new player who went to a field and then came home to learn more and read thread after thread as to what is causing the sport to die would you then invest your money in the sport? What if you saw Youtube video's that ramping is killing the game but those same people are not willing to commit to not using the feature would you invest in that game?

I will be honest the sport isn't dieing. A lot of people quit hobbies because of the economy. The economy hasn't been this bad in paintballs live time. The 70's being the last time it was this bad. What hurts paintball in this type of economy is that you must invest in paint every time you play. Because once you shot it it is gone..

Keep playing take your friends have fun put up cool video's and quit worrying if the sport is going to die or not.

#15 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Fix the economy.

Bam! Instant growth in number of participants.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#16 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

and water them about twice per day.

I was told 3 times per day, maybe that is why I need a .690 barrel.

3 times is for the empire 250. cal.
Simple mistake.

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

I think, as I have stated many many times in the past, that paintball should be advertised more as speedball with woodsball on the side, instead of the current woodsball=paintball, speedball=other form of paintball less popular. Now im not saying it has to actually change at all, just advertising. We, as paintballers, all know that both forms contribute equally. But if speedball is more often advertised as paintball, then it will be known as a legitamate spectator sport.
*lvl 20 flame shield activate*

Edited by Orange Chicken, 23 March 2013 - 05:28 PM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#18 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

I think, as I have stated many many times in the past, that paintball should be advertised more as speedball with woodsball on the side, instead of the current woodsball=paintball, speedball=other form of paintball less popular. Now im not saying it has to actually change at all, just advertising. We, as paintballers, all know that both forms contribute equally. But if speedball is more often advertised as paintball, then it will be known as a legitamate spectator sport.

I agree. When ever someone hears I play paintball they instantly think I run around in the woods in camo with a tippmann. Not saying I dont enjoy running around in the woods on occasion, but...Im a tourney player at heart.
*No flame shield...dont need one*

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#19 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

You know I played in the 90's and stoped because I couldn't afford kids and my own gun. I would have come back a long time ago but all I saw on TV and herd about was speedball. I remember thinking how stupid it would be to play a game with big air bunkers. I honestly thought for the longest playing in the woods was dead. So from my point of view I think speedball hurts the game. My opinion and why I didn't come back to the game a long long time ago.

The second thing that hurts is there is not enough older people playing. Why do so many young people leave. It is for the reason I never got serious in the game the first time. Young people start having to live on their own and start having kids and they just don't have the money that older players have.

Now that I am back playing I have bought my Phenom my ninja tank. my eflex, my daughter Extcy and will get her tank and mask in the next few days maybe tomorrow. Why because I have money I can do that with again when I was young adult I didn't have that money. Market it to adults who can afford to play and they will bring their kids

#20 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Or market towards both children and parents as one style to represent the rest, and you win. Speedball only hurts the market who has nostalgia from playing woodsball then. However, I agree with you when you say that parent players with the money will bring in their children to the sport.

#21 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Or market towards both children and parents as one style to represent the rest, and you win. Speedball only hurts the market who has nostalgia from playing woodsball then. However, I agree with you when you say that parent players with the money will bring in their children to the sport.

Here is another thing you have to remember. Speedball is just a bad game to attract new people. I am not saying that and these Airball fields are bad. But as a parent you are a little hesitant to let your kids in a bunker to bunker game because of how close some of these bunkers may be. Also have you ever seen how a new player reacts when the guns go off at an Airball field?

True story three months ago 20 of us went and played most were first time players. They had a tourny go off and the mount of paint and how close the shooting was nearly had two from our group walk back to there cars. I had to talk them out of it. The tourny games are just not designed for newer players which is why when some people suggest marketing those games first I laugh. Do you really think a new player wants to learn about the game were they paint is going to hurt the most first? I don't. I am not knocking these games I am a woods/senerio player. But I don't mind the other speedball games they just are not newbie games.

#22 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

I would figure out a way to film paintball where the viewer at home can SEE the hits... Instead of all the action cams where you can't see who, or what they are shooting at.

Then make fun videos showing that footage.

#23 Alex O

Alex O

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

i believe the best way is to get you friends hooked my friend balled for 2 years and had an extra gun and invited me and since that day i have never looked back on paintball we have aquired 5 more friends now and play together every week we will keep bringing more of our friends to grow this sport!

#24 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

eeek i actually mostly agree. when people hear i play paintball, they assume i run around in the woods like pretend rambo. I get annoyed when it is dismissed as a game for teenage boys and army wannabes. and don't dare mention you play tournaments / etc
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#25 PBphilosopher

PBphilosopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

Good idea but when the little kids turn 18 they feel out of place with all the kids that are around.

There are more adults playing paintball then there are kids so your argument is invalid again.

The number of people playing paintball has declined by almost 40% since 2007 while GDP has actually grown by almost 10%. Sources:
Google Stats

Attached Files

#26 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

The number of people playing paintball has declined by almost 40% since 2007 while GDP has actually grown by almost 10%. Sources:
Google Stats

GDP is a useless number for this. The unemployment rate is much higher than in 2007

#27 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Want to grow paintball? Afterplay parties with open bars at every tournament.

#28 Ezekiel06

Ezekiel06

YEAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Like other people said, proper and effective advertising. Don't advertise it as speedball and don't advertise it as woodsball. Advertise it as a recreational activity for people young and old. Effective promotion and advertising. Do it in a way to get people interested and talking about it. Make it feel inviting and FUN to new players.

I work at a Private elementary/middle school and every year I take the middle school kids out to paintball as a field trip. Parents come too. It's not a mandatory trip, but how do get these kids and parents out? First thing I do is squash out all the stupid myths of paintball. Then I talk about how much FUN it is, not about speedball being better than woodsball and vise versa. FUN FUN FUN. I dont stop there. Because I only allow 5th-8th graders to come, I get my 4th graders excited about it for next year! I bring out about 20-30 people every year during this trip. They always say how much fun they had once the day is over.

So it's all in how you advertise it. Advertise it as FUN to get the new players out. Advertise speedball specifically for speedball players and woodsball for woodsball players.

Edited by Ezekiel06, 24 March 2013 - 07:31 PM.

Christian Ballers Club.

"Don't let your past stop you from enjoying your future." True words of wisdom.

Feedback +10/-0

#29 PBphilosopher

PBphilosopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Google Stats

GDP is a useless number for this. The unemployment rate is much higher than in 2007

Fair enough. Unemployment is up from 5% in 2007 to 8%. A total of 3% vs paintball numbers are down by almost 40%.

#30 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Fair enough. Unemployment is up from 5% in 2007 to 8%. A total of 3% vs paintball numbers are down by almost 40%.

That doesn't count the underemployed, or the higher cost of living.

I don't think it's exclusively economic, but it is a big part of it.

#31 PBphilosopher

PBphilosopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

That doesn't count the underemployed, or the higher cost of living.

I don't think it's exclusively economic, but it is a big part of it.

I agree with you that no single factor is to blame. But there is no economic indicator that can even come close to justifying a 40%+- decline. Even CPI, while it has gone up, has maintained the standard 1-3% rate annually.

#32 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

I see what this guy did. Anyone else pick up on this?

Naw, I'm lost af
109.gif

#33 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

I think we can all agree with these points:
1. We should market it as an adult sport, that way everyone's interested. Kids will feel cool because their playing an adult sport.
2. Bring in the crappy crap milsim stuff. The first time I went, the field doubled as a pro shop. When I looked at the wall, the project salvo looked sick & I saved up for 3 months & bought it. I noticed all of these tiny guns ( which I later found out were egos & DMs), which I had deemed useless because they didn't look cool. Now I own an axe, but I still pull out my salvo for fun.
3. Keep speedball equipment off recball fields. I am a firm believer that all field owners & refs should have this rule: have trigger control, or get off of my field.
4. Make it fun! Have the safety rules briefly explained at the beginning of the day, (& keep them strictly enforced) but make the rest of the time about having fun. If you're a regular, give some new kid at the field a pod. I'm sure it'll make his/ her day.
I am a raccoon.

#34 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

1. We should market it as an adult sport, that way everyone's interested. Kids will feel cool because their playing an adult sport.
2. Bring in the crappy crap milsim stuff. The first time I went, the field doubled as a pro shop. When I looked at the wall, the project salvo looked sick & I saved up for 3 months & bought it. I noticed all of these tiny guns ( which I later found out were egos & DMs), which I had deemed useless because they didn't look cool. Now I own an axe, but I still pull out my salvo for fun.
3. Keep speedball equipment off recball fields. I am a firm believer that all field owners & refs should have this rule: have trigger control, or get off of my field.
4. Make it fun! Have the safety rules briefly explained at the beginning of the day, (& keep them strictly enforced) but make the rest of the time about having fun. If you're a regular, give some new kid at the field a pod. I'm sure it'll make his/ her day.

I disagree with nearly all of this. The last one is good however.
But I believe that the sport should be marketed as a sport such as snowboarding and other such extreme sports, where its something anyone can do, with adult professionals leading the professional part of the sport.
The crappy milsim stuff I believe should stay, but as with the speedball stuff. I believe that there should just be more educated and more honest store owners/sellers. Cut the myths. Cut the accuracy lies. Just have them sell it plain and simple. Such as "well these guns here look cool if you're looking into realistic looking guns, but these are built for performance and will preform better, however, they are more expensive."

Speedball equipment off the recball fields? That's a way to deny nearly a third to half of the paintball players the right to have casual fun playing paintball. I agree with the trigger control, however, I would reword that rule. The whole "get off MY field" thing threw me off. It comes out as "This is a mom and pop field. I kind of live here too. Tell you what, I'll let you play here if you pay me some money." This comes off as unprofessional and more a local treat rather than a professionally run sport.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 25 March 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#35 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

1. I agree with that, paintball has always been a "Party" type of sport for adults. I mean, if you shoot someone 5 times with 12bps it's "overshooting" now. I started a little over 6 years ago when I was liek 12, I didn't complain when I got shot a lot, I got out there more and got better.
2. Nope and nope, if anything within teh sport is ruining our reputation, it's the whole milsim stuff. "It's not a war game" Give me a break, your holding an M16 clone and wearing legit camo shouting millitary commands.
3. Enforce trigger controll when there's newer players there. Keeping speedball equipment off recball fields is silly and will only be counter productive.
4: Couldn't agree more.

#36 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

1. Agreed. We need to get more adults (the ones with disposable income) involved in paintball again.

2. Yep. Tons of new people like the look of the milsim. Some players will always like it, which is why I'm all for things like the DAM, TM7, etc. because they offer superior performance to the blowbacks while still keeping the attention of the guys that just have to have their "military lookalike"

3. Disagree, but then agree at the end. We can't limit gear on rec fields, or else it'll take away from other players. If someone told me I couldn't play with my Etha, I wouldn't be too happy about it. Now, if I get to the field and it's pretty much only renters and not another electro to be found? I'll probably switch over to my pump because I want it to be fun for both myself and for everyone else (if I don't have any challenge, it's no fun. If they get blown out of the water every game, it's no fun).

What we really need to have is for people to exercise control, like you said. The real issue here are all the people who just care about winning at all cost, and don't care about how hard it is. "Mowing newbs" all day isn't really that fun, and it certainly won't help bring them back.

4. This this this. Make paintball fun! That's the way to keep people coming back.

#37 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

1. Fully agree, adults are those who have the disposable income and atleast some kids will find it cool to play an "adult" sport.

2. I get that young beginners are drawn in by the milsim look, i sure was in the beginning. But i don't know, as disscussed in another thread, it might lead to unessecary spending when the beginner realises he wants something else. In retrospect, i've wasted alot of money on "upgrades" that did little if anything to improve actual performance.

3. No, no, no. i think that the mentality is wrong here. Don't step back and enforce limits on people. Instead encurage trigger control and let the person set the limit themselves. This would suck for someone like me who only has one gun that happens to be suitable for almost all types of paintball (with the exception of for example stock class and open class), To have to go and buy another gun just becasue someone said so.

4. Paintball isn't fun :huh:. I haven't been playing for more than half a year so what do i know. In all seriousness, make it safe, make it fun for as many as possible. Because in the end paintball is a competitive game and sport and not everybody can be winners.

o8qo.jpg

#38 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

4. Paintball isn't fun :huh:.

If you're the new player, and the experienced players are overshooting everyone and obliterating them every game, then no.

Be as competitive as you want at an actual competition (tournament, scenario game, etc). Do whatever it takes (within the rules) to win and all that.

That attitude is not OK at the recball field for open play. Open play is just about having fun, and who cares if you win or lose as long as you're enjoying yourself in the process. The trouble is a lot of experienced players lack the good sense to leave the tourney attitude at the tournaments (or the scenarios. See, I can be an equal opportunity guy and call out teams/players of all walks in the game). That means a lot of players show up to the rec field, and play hardball against all the renters and first-timers, then brag up how "good" they are because they "mowed" so many "newbs." That doesn't make you skilled, it just makes you an asshole.

A skilled player can still win rec ball games, even every single game that day, without being that guy. Use better tactics, work on your snapshooting one or two balls, etc. Try to improve the walk-ons playing on your side by working with them on communicating.

#39 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

growing paintball is easy, do what was done in the 1990's and the early 2000's.............

Just invite people to come out to play with you. Maybe out of 10 people, 1 may stick around. But that's how you do it.

Getting it into the "xgames" won't do shit for paintball, getting it into the olympics won't do shit for paintball, inviting people out to play is the trick

It's the only thing that works.

#40 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

growing paintball is easy, do what was done in the 1990's and the early 2000's.............

Just invite people to come out to play with you. Maybe out of 10 people, 1 may stick around. But that's how you do it.

Getting it into the "xgames" won't do shit for paintball, getting it into the olympics won't do shit for paintball, inviting people out to play is the trick

FIRST AFTER MIKE!
And this makes sense I guess, we just need more people to just go out and play.

#41 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Well actually the effects of doing what Mike said will lead to those things? The more popular paintball is the more it will grow so rather then focusing on getting paintball into the spotlight lets force it into the spotlight by making it relevant again! More players = more support

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#42 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

If you're the new player, and the experienced players are overshooting everyone and obliterating them every game, then no.

Be as competitive as you want at an actual competition (tournament, scenario game, etc). Do whatever it takes (within the rules) to win and all that.

That attitude is not OK at the recball field for open play. Open play is just about having fun, and who cares if you win or lose as long as you're enjoying yourself in the process. The trouble is a lot of experienced players lack the good sense to leave the tourney attitude at the tournaments (or the scenarios. See, I can be an equal opportunity guy and call out teams/players of all walks in the game). That means a lot of players show up to the rec field, and play hardball against all the renters and first-timers, then brag up how "good" they are because they "mowed" so many "newbs." That doesn't make you skilled, it just makes you an asshole.

A skilled player can still win rec ball games, even every single game that day, without being that guy. Use better tactics, work on your snapshooting one or two balls, etc. Try to improve the walk-ons playing on your side by working with them on communicating.

Whoah, sorry if that made me sound like an asshole. i meant it as as joke since he said "Make it fun". To me that sounds like paintball was never fun to begin with. But absolutly, as i've said before, i always one ball and try to encourage the newer players to help as much as possible. Which makes them more a part of the game and hopefully makes thier day more fun. I not talking like shoutning callout at the or anything. Just a little encouragement.

o8qo.jpg

#43 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

This 100%. You just gotta get people out and playing. I always tell my friends to come paintballing with me. So far I've gotten my gf and 2 friends into it. Now you that being said, that's less than a 10% retention rate, but its something

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#44 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Be careful about bringing friends, here is what happened to me: I brought two friends. All of the sudden paintball obsession happened and a few weeks later one of them gets an ego10 and the other an etek4, and they just went crazy. Its a dangerous thing when obsession hits.

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#45 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Whoah, sorry if that made me sound like an asshole. i meant it as as joke since he said "Make it fun". To me that sounds like paintball was never fun to begin with.

I wasn't saying you were an asshole. I was saying that a player behaving under the conditions I described was, and why that would make paintball not fun for someone else.

No worries.

#46 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

I overshoot the shit out of people, which is why I don't play recball much anymore. :(
109.gif

#47 btwjaimer

btwjaimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

What I try to do is bring my friends with me. First it was my friend, his cousin, and my now we are a group of 40 people. Then after that I moved to a new city I am slowly starting a new group here. Anyone who wanted to play was invited and it grew from there.

Edited by btwjaimer, 25 March 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#48 Genetic Cowlick

Genetic Cowlick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Yeah every time i go i try to bring a new friend or a group and they all want to come back.
it's plain durex lube that i've got... i've just split up with my girlfreind so im not going to be using it for anything else... i'ts a blowback marker?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users