• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Infantrymyers

Infantrymyers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

got out of paintball a few years back after my Marker blew out on me and i'm wanting to get started again but things seem to have changed so i want info/suggestions on my set up i've come up with, i'm making my list on ANS, it seems they have decent prices.(this will be for woodsball mostly)

Proto Rail PMR

Custom Products 1 piece barrel, 14" .693

http://www.ansgear.c...RI-68&CartID=1'>Guerrilla CF 68x45

Guerrilla Tank Cover

Valken V-Max Loader

V-Max Speed Feed

V-Force Profiler Mask

Re-usable Paintballs for target practice

#2 zcannon14

zcannon14

It started with a rail review......It escalated quickly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

I just wouldn't get a gorilla tank I would go for the ninja or crossfire
[quote name='Panda Man' timestamp='1363665880' post='3177453']
The Invasion is also more durable then a Etek... Thing is sealed up tighter then Bill O'Reillys butt

WTB upgraded ion board
WTB bob long marq style guns

#3 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

I would get a little smaller bore barrel. That's about the same as the stock pmr barrel. A .687 or .689 is still a comfortable overbore for most paint.

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

I would suggest a Halo instead of the V-Max.

Also Ninja HPA tanks/regs are the best in the business.

#5 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

I'd also skip the reballs. I have a pod of them sitting in my garage and I never used them except for when I first bought them.

#6 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Instead of the Vmax get a halo
instead of the GA tank get crossfire or ninja
get a .685 bore on your barrel
you don't need the reballs unless you tech alot og paintball guns or have your own private field
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#7 That_guy097

That_guy097

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Hockey tape can do the exact same thing as a tank cover. Save a few bucks.

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

No it wont. It will replace a tank butt/grip, but will not actually protect the tank.

With that said, just use hockey/grip tape until you can afford an Exalt tank cover.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 24 March 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#9 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

No it wont. It will replace a tank butt/grip, but will not actually protect the tank.

With that said, just use hockey/grip tape until you can afford an Exalt tank cover.

the rubber ones that only cover half of the tank is the same shit as hockey tape. If he is going to invest in a tank cover a FULL tank cover is the way to go.
My Feedback

#10 Genetic Cowlick

Genetic Cowlick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

Besides its not like a tank cover is gonna prevent a tank from exploding. either cover it for protection from scratches or just hockey tape it for grips
it's plain durex lube that i've got... i've just split up with my girlfreind so im not going to be using it for anything else... i'ts a blowback marker?

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

the rubber ones that only cover half of the tank is the same shit as hockey tape. If he is going to invest in a tank cover a FULL tank cover is the way to go.

No you get the rubber ones. Do you really think that some piece of cloth will make any difference in protecting a tank strong enough to hold 4500psi? That's like wrapping a piece of cloth around a tire because it'll "protect it more". The rubber things are not the same as hockey tape. Actually, its a lot like rubber wristbands. At this point, just get what holds the tank in place better. The cloth ones suck for the sole purpose that they slip around the tank a ton and don't contribute to gripping to your shoulder. That's why you get the Exalt ones. They secure the tank so it doesn't slip around and smack you on the nose part of your mask every time you raise your marker.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

The Exalt tank covers ARE a full cover. The tank butts/grips just cover the back. The purpose is to prevent scratches on the bottom when you dive.

#13 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

This thread is so lulzy.

Lulzjustacat.png

#14 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

No you get the rubber ones. Do you really think that some piece of cloth will make any difference in protecting a tank strong enough to hold 4500psi? That's like wrapping a piece of cloth around a tire because it'll "protect it more". The rubber things are not the same as hockey tape. Actually, its a lot like rubber wristbands. At this point, just get what holds the tank in place better. The cloth ones suck for the sole purpose that they slip around the tank a ton and don't contribute to gripping to your shoulder. That's why you get the Exalt ones. They secure the tank so it doesn't slip around and smack you on the nose part of your mask every time you raise your marker.

"grip" tape, I never heard protect in that word
My Feedback

#15 McAwesomeVille

McAwesomeVille

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

instead of the gorilla tank get a ninja tank, get a smaller bore, donīt get a tank cover, make sure the v-max speed feed is the HK Army speedfeed. Also, donīt pay attention to the people who say that the V-Max isnīt worth it. Itīs never done less than 18 BPS for me and I donīt have the Pinokio Prop (which you can get for free)

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

"grip" tape, I never heard protect in that word

No one is saying that grip tape offers protection, they are saying that the only good full tank covers are the Exalt ones.

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Since when did some bit of fabric protect a High Pressured Air tank capable of handling 3000-4500 psi? Car tires don't even go close to this, and you don't see people putting a Valken cover on theirs now do you? So why not just go with something that actually helps you, like grip tape?

#18 FireFly*

FireFly*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

<a%20href=Posted Image">

#19 FireFly*

FireFly*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

Since when did some bit of fabric protect a High Pressured Air tank capable of handling 3000-4500 psi? Car tires don't even go close to this, and you don't see people putting a Valken cover on theirs now do you? So why not just go with something that actually helps you, like grip tape?

not just that, but doesn't the gun usually cost more than a tank ? So, I should wrap my gun too ?

#20 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

not just that, but doesn't the gun usually cost more than a tank ? So, I should wrap my gun too ?

yeah but, if a paintall tank ruptures it can explode it is different with guns.
My Feedback

#21 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

So cloth will prevent that huh?
Or do you suggest we wrap ours with an extra layers of steel just in case?

#22 FireFly*

FireFly*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

how would a piece of cloth stop it from exploding ?

#23 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

Ahahaha and if pigs fly out my ass it'll bleed. Doesnt mean its gonna happen or that wearing pants will prevent it.

#24 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

I say tank covers are good because they prevent tank scratches, which can eventually lead to further damage.

#25 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

You guys have totally hijacked this thread into a bitch fit over a cover.

Lulzjustacat.png

#26 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

um are you stupid? All I was saying was a fucking rubber butt for your tank doesn't do shhit in protecting your tank, its basically for grip/tack and grip tape would do just fine.
My Feedback

#27 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

um are you stupid? All I was saying was a fucking rubber butt for your tank doesn't do shhit in protecting your tank, its basically for grip/tack and grip tape would do just fine.

Take it easy dude. There's no need to start throwing insults around over a condom for tanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users