• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

So this is my second axe but anyways I got it in a trade for my DM10 and for some reason it has a little leak through like the feed neck/detents area. I have lubed the orings and everything but it still has a leak. Can someone help me please?

#2 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

if you put your finger in the feedneck and press it against the bolt where does it feel like its leaking from?

#3 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

if you put your finger in the feedneck and press it against the bolt where does it feel like its leaking from?

I don't have the gun with me but as soon as I do I will get back to you. I just know I could hear it coming from like the bolt. I don't know if the orings are like super dry and thin or what.

#4 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

if it is leaking out of the front of the bolt, it is probably the poppit, do you know how to take that apart?

#5 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Umm I think so. But just to be on the safe side do you mind explaining?

#6 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Sorry didn't know you responded, probably already have it fixed lol. all you need to do is take the bolt out, and unscrew the velocity adjustment cap all the way out. just make sure to watch for the little spring!You don't want to loose that!

#7 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

do what amballer said. Use a clean eraser on a pencil and stick it down from the other end of the bolt guide, the front end. This will push out the poppet, spring, and poppet seal. The problem is probably your poppet seal. Anyways, there should be the poppet (brass metal thing), poppet seal (white plastic, screwed onto poppet), and the spring. Take a needle nose plier and there should be flat edges on the poppet seal. Grasp those edges and turn the poppet seal counter clockwise. This will remove the poppet seal. Then, take a new poppet seal (there should be one in the spare parts kit) and screw it on clockwise. BE CAREFUL NOT TO DAMAGE THE FACE OF THE SEAL. Damage to the face is what causes leaks. Once it is screwed on, reassemble and rechrono.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users