• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 brent24conyers

brent24conyers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

i need a decent setup for under 300 perferably for my gf (already has sly profit mask) needs everything else though. Would like to keep it light and compact if i can for her to really get into it lol. so i was thinking enmey or envy, halo too and if i have someone i was going to buy a 48/45 empire tank from for 100. i know this is a little over 300 but i really dont care , just go ahead and say 400 dollar budget hehe.Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!

#2 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Well if you are going with $400 and you like the GoG guns then go ahead and get the eXTCY. It is $50 bucks more than the envy and comes with the Blackheart board that has more modes than you will ever use. I just got the eXTCY in the mail and it feels good. Hoping it doesn't rain tomorrow and we will go test it out.

#3 brent24conyers

brent24conyers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

well i thought about that but she really doesnt need it, she just likes playing recball with me, my field only allows semi so i cant get myself to buy her an electro , thats why i was thinking enmey and envy because she really wont need the BH board

#4 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

The Extcy sucks anyway. if you were going with the extcy the rail is better. but, the enmy is a fine marker
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#5 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

The Extcy sucks anyway.

What's your reasoning behind that?

#6 PEfanboy

PEfanboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

The Extcy sucks anyway.

My brother had issues with his since he bought it. It was awesome when it worked, but it broke down every time We went out to play. He read the manual front to back, lubed and serviced it properly, and something still would go wrong. I dont think every one is like this, but that was my experience with the gun.
"So, how many feet per second can you get now?"
"You mean balls per second.."
"...Dammit."

Hey! I reviewed the proto rail. http://www.techpb.co...0

#7 brent24conyers

brent24conyers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

do yall think i could go without the loader for now and just let her use a primo with the enmey?( for now will buy electronic loader later , but for now will primo work?)

#8 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

do yall think i could go without the loader for now and just let her use a primo with the enmey?( for now will buy electronic loader later , but for now will primo work?)

If she's shooting semi without getting anywhere near 8 bps the primo will be fine. But it might be smarter to just buy an electronic sooner rather than later so you can save the money you would have spent on a primo.

#9 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

The electric feed loaders really are worth it.

#10 PaintBa11Kid

PaintBa11Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Rail $250,Ninja 48/30 $50, and Halo Too $90. Good setup and my friend might get the exact setup except no Halo and a Tippmann Al200 and a Tech T bolt.
I was also wondering what other people thought of the second setup and my friend would just upgrade Hopper and Tank when he gets more money.
Please Rate 1-10.

#11 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Rail $250,Ninja 48/30 $50, and Halo Too $90. Good setup and my friend might get the exact setup except no Halo and a Tippmann Al200 and a Tech T bolt.
I was also wondering what other people thought of the second setup and my friend would just upgrade Hopper and Tank when he gets more money.
Please Rate 1-10.

It's better to wait and buy better gear because you spend less in the long run. As for the tech t bolt, it's kind of a bad idea to upgrade a bolt before you even know if you like the stock one.

#12 PEfanboy

PEfanboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

^I second this. It would be smarter to just rent and save up for some nice gear.
"...Dammit."

#13 brent24conyers

brent24conyers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

If she's shooting semi without getting anywhere near 8 bps the primo will be fine. But it might be smarter to just buy an electronic sooner rather than later so you can save the money you would have spent on a primo.

I have a primo already I got from a friend free that's why I said that I wouldn't be buying one just using it temporarily til I can get an electro

#14 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

I have a primo already I got from a friend free that's why I said that I wouldn't be buying one just using it temporarily til I can get an electro

You typed in the quote and confused the crap out of me. In that case, use the primo til you have the money for the loader and it'll be fine. Free is good

#15 brent24conyers

brent24conyers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Haha yea sorry my phone wouldn't let me type under the quote

#16 PaintBa11Kid

PaintBa11Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

^I second this. It would be smarter to just rent and save up for some nice gear.

I told him that b4 but he went out and bought a kaos then ended up hating it.

Please Rate 1-10.

It's better to wait and buy better gear because you spend less in the long run. As for the tech t bolt, it's kind of a bad idea to upgrade a bolt before you even know if you like the stock one.

I no i hate the stock rail but like it with tech t

#17 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Please Rate 1-10.

What exactly makes you say you hate the stock rail?

#18 GoG-eXTCy

GoG-eXTCy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Get a GoG Enmey, JT Mask, Proto Primo Hopper, Co2 Tank...
Been Playing Paintball for 2 years.... Also recommend me a New Gun For Under $275!

#19 PEfanboy

PEfanboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Id rather say a cheap hpa tank, unless you only have access to co2
"...Dammit."

#20 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Co2 isn't fun to deal with for anyone. Plus if one were to upgrade their gun from an enmey, they would need hpa anyways so why waste the money on a tank no one will want to buy off you.

#21 GoG-eXTCy

GoG-eXTCy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Yes but he is on budget so if I was him I would do anything to save money... Until he can upgrade to something better then use HPA..
Been Playing Paintball for 2 years.... Also recommend me a New Gun For Under $275!

#22 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Yes but he is on budget so if I was him I would do anything to save money... Until he can upgrade to something better then use HPA..

That isn't saving money in the long run.

#23 GoG-eXTCy

GoG-eXTCy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

I stated on a Spyder Victor Gun 2009 which cost $75 then. I started with co2 because to get HPA filled I would have to travel 45 minutes away.. And because with a spyder there is no sense of having a hpa tank its waste of money if you ask me but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

#24 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

I stated on a Spyder Victor Gun 2009 which cost $75 then. I started with co2 because to get HPA filled I would have to travel 45 minutes away.. And because with a spyder there is no sense of having a hpa tank its waste of money if you ask me but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Higher end markers can't run on co2 because it may damage the internals. Plus co2 gets crazily inconsistent as you shoot it at any rapid rate. Your example of the spyder is exactly what I'm talking about with saving money in the long run by just buying good gear to start. No one will buy that spyder or co2 tank for even half of what you bought it for, so it's a loss for you that you could have saved up for a decent setup.

#25 PaintBa11Kid

PaintBa11Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Please Rate 1-10.

Tooooooooooooooooooo loud and tooooooooooooooo much kick

#26 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Please Rate 1-10.

Tooooooooooooooooooo loud and tooooooooooooooo much kick

I mean absolutely no offense by this, but have you actually shot a rail? I don't think they're loud at all, and they definitely don't have a lot of kick from my experience. They are by no means as quiet or smooth as a high end, but they're still really good in stock form for the price. I don't see any reason to spend another 80 bucks on the gun, because that puts you into the lower end price range of a used axe or etek.

#27 brent24conyers

brent24conyers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Okay so I found a new nokio for 70 and was wondering would it be a better buy over a halo too?

#28 brent24conyers

brent24conyers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

Only reason I was against the nokio is bc everyone talks bout its size so I figured enmey is really tiny so it may not look right on it

#29 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Only reason I was against the nokio is bc everyone talks bout its size so I figured enmey is really tiny so it may not look right on it

Definitely get the nokio at that price! It's a way better loader with a lot more potential than the halo. I wouldn't worry about the looks of it. Having a better functioning marker setup at the cost of looks is worth it to me.

#30 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

oh you,naming yourself gog extcy and making your picture a rail. plus all deese shenanigans you be pulling with dah co2 and dah shake and shoot and dah monkey. heh. heh.

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#31 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

C02 is crap

Lulzjustacat.png

#32 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

The Extcy sucks anyway.

My brother had issues with his since he bought it. It was awesome when it worked, but it broke down every time We went out to play. He read the manual front to back, lubed and serviced it properly, and something still would go wrong. I dont think every one is like this, but that was my experience with the gun.

Its called using a fresh alkaline battery. Try it sometime. If your brother bothered to take out the batteries after the day was done he would have saved the headache.

To the op, just get a vibe for $80. Check out the sale hunter section. They are getting rid of stock and it's just the same as the envy for a fraction of the price.

#33 PEfanboy

PEfanboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

^I left that out. He put duracells right out of the box in every time we played. that was the first thing he changed every time we went.

Edited by PEfanboy, 27 March 2013 - 04:03 PM.

"...Dammit."

#34 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

The Extcy sucks anyway.

Its called using a fresh alkaline battery. Try it sometime. If your brother bothered to take out the batteries after the day was done he would have saved the headache.

To the op, just get a vibe for $80. Check out the sale hunter section. They are getting rid of stock and it's just the same as the envy for a fraction of the price.

Being the brother, I can confirm that the batteries were definitely fresh duracells every time. The "breakdown" was normally from the thing breaking paint or from the bolt sticking (happened a lot).

#35 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Used vibe or enemy $90-130

used 48/50 4500 (great for the ladies) $90
used pinokio, $70
/endthread

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users