Photo

... really... thats... thats.. just... mmmhmm...

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

I'm lost for words.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

I'm lost for words.

Why?

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#3 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

I'm lost for words.

Why?

are you kidding me...

Edited by Panda Man, 24 March 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

are you kidding me...

No. Why would I be?

Fear is the mind-killer

#5 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

are you kidding me...

No. Why would I be?

.... :blink:?

did you even watch it?

#6 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

That's a good idea.

#7 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

.... :blink:?

did you even watch it?

Yes, I did. You need to stop assuming that your opinion about something is universal.

Fear is the mind-killer

#8 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

:ph34r:!!!!

Really?

#9 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Well, ok then. It's clear what you think.

Fear is the mind-killer

#10 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

Sorry I think this is silly for 98% of paintballers... I guess there is a market for that 2% I guess.

#11 pc_baller

pc_baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

its actually a really good idea no distractions in the pits and you can keep your head in the game
+2/-0my feedback

First gain the victory and then make the best use of it---Horatio Nelson

#12 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

Sorry I think this is silly for 98% of paintballers... I guess there is a market for that 2% I guess.

Well, yeah. That's the whole point. He designed it specifically for teams that compete at high levels with full pit crews. If you read some of his posts, he did this almost as a personal project. He found a solution to something that annoyed him, and decided to make it available to others. Why does it need to be something all paintball players need?

Fear is the mind-killer

#13 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

For people who play lots of tournaments, I can see this being rather useful. The team can be building a strategy for their next point while the "pit crew" fills their packs without taking away from any player's ability to focus on the next game plan.

It's pretty unnecessary for rec-ball, but I could definitely see the upper-level tournament crowd loving this.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#14 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

I think this is a pretty lame product to be honest, I fail to see how answering a simple question is THAT distracting that it will throw you off your game.

#15 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,898 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

That actually seems like a cool and ingenious idea, I like it. A guy had a problem, and he fixed it, and he had a good idea too. Very good idea, well thought out, and well executed too. Makes it a hell of a lot easier and faster for the pit crew to do their job, and lets the player focus on playing and strategizing. You don't have much time between points, so every second counts.

#16 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

Someone had to invent the hopper, there were plenty of people saying "Oh we'll never shoot that much paint, this stock 10 round tube on top is fine". This is another one of those little ideas that could one day change the Game. I can see how the "Pros" might like it.
What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#17 Pirate

Pirate

I'm in it for the booty.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

Someone had to invent the hopper, there were plenty of people saying "Oh we'll never shoot that much paint, this stock 10 round tube on top is fine". This is another one of those little ideas that could one day change the Game. I can see how the "Pros" might like it.

Exactly.
As I never play anything more than small 3 or 5 man tournaments, I probably will never need these (Also, I don't ever have a pit crew). But for people playing PSP/CXBL/etc, it's a nice little tool.

Headbangers Scenario Team
Proudly sponsored by
Hitman Gear | Pinokio Hoppers | Stiffi Barrels | ANS Gear
If the good die young, I'll fucking live forever

#18 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

hey pirate, good seeing ya man !!

as far as the "invention" ... i am always rooting for the small entrepreneur ...i might even buy one or two or a few and use it for something else just to support the guy ...i might like my number on my sandanna or whatever ...

but the other thing nobody has mentioned is that ANY invention for paintball is a good thing ... anything that puts us out in the public eye more, or makes other people think that "Hey I could come up with an idea like that" and it means that people are actively being engaged not only in the playing of paintball, but the business of it ... and that is how we get bigger, better, and more accepted ... i applaud this guys ingenuity and his stick to it-ness .. he said he tried more than one solution, so he has got the gears moving in his head ... good for him !!!

Edited by stinkfingr, 24 March 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#19 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

That's just sad sorry.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#20 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

this products not designed for the 98% of paintballers who just play rec, this is designed for the tourney players that only get 2 minutes from the end of the point till they have to be touched up at the net. this is made and marketed for them. its actually a smart idea and probably makes the pits run a little bit smoother and anything that can help that chaos even a little bit is a good thing.
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#21 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

That's just sad sorry.

This.. It is quite sad if you can't remember how much pods someone requires or in the up or down position.. I am sorry, but i really don't see the point in using this, not even for tourny players.

#22 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Jimmy Hickey lol. Sorry, it made me laugh.

But I think it's not a bad idea. For me to use, it would be silly. But if it solves his problem, and it's something he can market and sell to make some extra money on the side, that's pretty cool.

#23 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

the guy from 0:20 to 0:23, that guy reminds me of what clients with schizophrenia look like... It's kinda creepy that a "sane" person just zones out like that.

#24 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,898 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

That's just sad sorry.

This.. It is quite sad if you can't remember how much pods someone requires or in the up or down position.. I am sorry, but i really don't see the point in using this, not even for tourny players.

It's for the teams who can't afford pit crews, and grab random kids from the crowd who will be their pit crew in exchange for shits and such. You generally tend to underestimate those people on purpose, so you're not disappointed when they can't remember anything.

#25 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

^That is true.

See I was thinking these would "ONLY" be marketed towards pro level... then I thunk about it..

While "pro's" Don't make ten million bucks a year, they can still get someone from their organization to pod monkey for them... This is designed for people in D1/D2 area which brings it from only 2% of players needed it to 5%. :P

Though when you in the heat of the moment and its only a 1 point game you probably just want to head straight to the coach or the captain to figure out WTF needs to happen next game, and you don't have some 15 year old asking you ten thousand question.

#26 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

"How many pods?"
"5"

Good lord, you just fucked up the whole game right there.

I love you.

#27 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

That's just sad sorry.

It's for the teams who can't afford pit crews, and grab random kids from the crowd who will be their pit crew in exchange for shits and such. You generally tend to underestimate those people on purpose, so you're not disappointed when they can't remember anything.

Very well, I can see it might work like that then yet I still wonder how distracting it is when you have to answer 1 or 2 questions regarding your pods, even in the heat of battle. I suspect it to be little to none.

Al tough, those numbers and icons on pins isn't anything new. You can buy those anywhere really.

#28 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Some of you guys are a little too butt hurt about this. Two minutes between points isn't a lot of time. When you have somebody getting clipped off the break every game or you're having a hard time controlling their ___ player, everything can be a distraction when you're trying to figure out how to fix it in just two minutes. It's usually not just a "how many pods?" and then answer thing, it usually happens as "how many pods/do you need more pods?" you answer, then the next 4 people get asked, then 2 or 3 people get asked again, lol. Sometimes it's the littlest things that win or lose a game. One time I reached for a pod in a game while shooting a lane and went through the whole motion of grabbing it and trying to load before I realized there wasn't any paint lol. I tried to reach for a new pod and didn't even have it out of the pack before I got blasted. Yes, make fun of me.

If you think this is a stupid idea... just don't use it. It's not like they're trying to make this a standard, and it's not like this is something that would out you $100+ for using it lol.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#29 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

No idea if there's a market for these things, but I've got respect for anyone who comes up with an original idea and turns it into a product.

#30 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

No idea if there's a market for these things, but I've got respect for anyone who comes up with an original idea and turns it into a product.

:tup:

hell even at say a D4 level with a single guy pitting for a 5 man team it could come in handy

Edited by fatalreaction, 24 March 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#31 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,813 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Having actually played tournamen ball... I can't say that I view this as neccesary or even helpful. If you're having pit problems, get a better crew, or have guys that play on your squad, but arent called into the current line for that point to do it.

#32 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

Yet it is not original, its something that existed for years now. He just used the pins on paintball gear. Hardly anything original in my book.

#33 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Seems like a good idea. If it works for him, in his situation, then that's great! It's not like he's investing a ton of money into it or something.

Edited by SilentButDeadly, 24 March 2013 - 02:39 PM.

As seen on: PBreview IOG

#34 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,898 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

I suspect it to be little to none.

If it was little to none, we wouldn't have had the guy getting annoyed with the questions and making these. ;)

#35 Huff n Puff

Huff n Puff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

It's not like the guy is starting a company that he wants to make millions of dollars. He went "this is annoying, how do I fix it?" He found a solution and is sharing the solution. It's not like he's saying "ZOMG! This will revolutionize the industry!!!"
If you don't need them, fine, don't buy them. If you are the 0.5% of players who have this problem, you now have a solution.
At least this product actually does something. How many products are completely pointless in paintball that sell really well?

That's just sad sorry.

I'm amazed if you find a pit crew who will work for shits.

#36 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Smart
109.gif

#37 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,798 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

I can see it's use. In tourney Xball setting time is extremely limited. For example you don't really want to be interrupted if you're trying to convey a point or strategy to your other line going out. Yeah your paint load may change but the number would essentially be your default number. Especially when playing back to back points every second is quite crucial. Hell sometimes if you're the one who hangs the flag by the time you get back in you're choosing between a drink of water or filling your air. Is it going to make or break your game? Of course not. But if it saves you even a bit of time then why not use it?

Edited by CdnNinja, 24 March 2013 - 10:15 PM.

40k-1.png

#38 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Why not just not buy it? Its pathetic that the guy had to come into a forum and literally explain why he decided to market these (not here on PBN)... He had an issue and figured hell other people may have this problem also which they do and he set about finding a way to fix the problem... If you dont see the use for them dont buy them its as simple as that? I think its a solid foundation to allow him to expand to bigger things when SP restructured into GOG the first they they marketed under their new name was not a marker, loader, or even anything more then 10 dollars it was 5 dollar lube... Its not a great example but it just shows you gotta start somewhere no matter who you are?

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#39 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,898 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

I'm amazed if you find a pit crew who will work for shits.

You haven't been on TechPB long enough. ;)

#40 McGoey

McGoey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Anything that makes life simpler is better. Hell the idea along is good I might just use it but instead of pins duct tape and a black marker.

#41 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

Folks should know that if you keep shitting on small makers for bringing products to market that you don't happen to understand, all you are doing is making it that much less likely other small makers will continue to be around in paintball.

It's hard enough competing with the big, established names, small manufacturers don't need this.

If you don't see the point, ask, don't be a douche.
Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#42 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

Common problem, simple solution. I like it. It's actually a very clever idea.

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#43 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Why not just write it down before hand and give it to your pit crew?

#9: Needs 5 pods
#12: Needs 8 pods Face up
#125: Needs 6 pods Face up
#44: Needs 9 pods Face down
#68: Needs 4 pods

boom...

#44 OBF

OBF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

What if you want different pods on a separate point though? Taking the pin off and replacing it would almost defeat the point.

My feedback: http://www.techpb.co...331&hl=feedback

10/0/0

#45 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Why not just write it down before hand and give it to your pit crew?

#9: Needs 5 pods
#12: Needs 8 pods Face up
#125: Needs 6 pods Face up
#44: Needs 9 pods Face down
#68: Needs 4 pods

boom...

If you are gonna waste time doing that why dont you just use pin?

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#46 Gingerbreadman

Gingerbreadman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

If there's a need for the product the market (i.e. pro-level/tourney players) will ensure that this product is successful and spreads. If it's a very niche product that only works out for the developer because it addresses a problem he's faced, more power to him.

It's not like he's trying to claim the honor of inventing and developing the wheel. He just managed to create something that integrates well with his team's play/management style and interfaces effectively with his pit crew.

Pure market forces: player experiences, word of mouth and feedback will determine the success of this product. It might be very specialized and not pertinent to rec players but hey, until we're all forced to use some strange management scheme that we don't agree with, I wouldn't fret about it. :) :D :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users