23 replies to this topic

#1 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

Ok so I could get one of these for really cheap $200 and am thinkin of getting one (note most of the time woodsball/speedsball) just looking for a new marker to replace my v1 mini. So it is between this and a PE etha

fep quest!: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222650

would do anything for a ccm t2

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Neither of those will really be an upgrade from your Mini. Save up for a used supergun.

#3 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

For $200 you would be crazy to pass on the Cross Over.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#4 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Neither of those will really be an upgrade from your Mini. Save up for a used supergun.

Maybe in your opinion but it mine either one will be better

Thats what I was thinking

#5 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

have not heard anything negative about the crossover the few people I know that have shot them have liked them,
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#6 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

have not heard anything negative about the crossover the few people I know that have shot them have liked them,

My only problems is would it hold it's own in speedball with other decent markers

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

Then why are you asking us if youre going to defend your purchase either way?

How much would the Etha cost you? I find its superior to the Crossover but doesnt have a mechanical option.

#8 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

I am not buying the crossover for the mechanical purpose and the etha is 390 or so

How much would the Etha cost you? I find its superior to the Crossover but doesnt have a mechanical option.

Edited by weekendwarriorPB, 24 March 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

I am not buying the crossover for the mechanical purpose and the etha is 390 or so

I would look into something else then. Is there something you really like about the Crossover?

#10 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

I would look into something else then. Is there something you really like about the Crossover?

That it is doesn't have macro line cause I play pickup speedball an play snake most off the time

Edited by weekendwarriorPB, 24 March 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#11 QuickLime

QuickLime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

The Mini doesn't have a macroline either...
I'm with Playdoh on this, neither are worth you spending your money on, save up for a used supergun or used Axe. If you were thinking about an Etha, get a used Axe for $250-$300. Or save up and get a high-end used like an Ego or Geo for $600-700. A Mini will work for snake and the Crossover will not offer any important improvements.

Posted Image

Feedback!1/0/0

#12 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

The Mini doesn't have a macroline either...
I'm with Playdoh on this, neither are worth you spending your money on, save up for a used supergun or used Axe. If you were thinking about an Etha, get a used Axe for $250-$300. Or save up and get a high-end used like an Ego or Geo for $600-700. A Mini will work for snake and the Crossover will not offer any important improvements.

I get were both of you guys are coming from and you guys are right but i will never own an axe cause i hate the feel of my mini and have been toughing it out for a couple years now so i will probably just get a bob long or a PE high end

#13 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Honestly, for 200 you are indeed crazy for leaving the cross over behind. It is pretty much the same as the Etha and will work fine. With the added benefit you can switch between mechanical and electronic on the spot. It is a good marker and should serve you well. You can then sell the mini and start saving up for a nice high end marker.

Also, there quite biased towards the Axe on these boards...

Edited by Syrellaris, 24 March 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#14 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Honestly, for 200 you are indeed crazy for leaving the cross over behind. It is pretty much the same as the Etha and will work fine. With the added benefit you can switch between mechanical and electronic on the spot. It is a good marker and should serve you well. You can then sell the mini and start saving up for a nice high end marker.

i just dont know what to do

#15 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

The Crossover and Etha are really nothing alike.

#16 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Agree

#17 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

I beg to differ. They are both pretty equal to each other. They both shoot very well. I would say in terms of efficiency that the Crossover will be slightly better not to mention that the crossover would shoot smoother then the Etha. After all the Etha has a bit of a kick to it.

Also, I do prefer planet eclipse markers myself but for 200 dollars, I would strongly recommend the Crossover. It is not a bad price to pay at all for it.

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

I beg to differ. They are both pretty equal to each other. They both shoot very well. I would say in terms of efficiency that the Crossover will be slightly better not to mention that the crossover would shoot smoother then the Etha. After all the Etha has a bit of a kick to it.

Also, I do prefer planet eclipse markers myself but for 200 dollars, I would strongly recommend the Crossover. It is not a bad price to pay at all for it.

The bolt systems are very different, one is macroless, the Crossover can go mechanical...

I would also agree that the Crossover is a good deal at $200 if its in good condition. If you don't like it more than the Mini you can always sell it.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 24 March 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#19 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

I wasn't talking about internals..I was more talking about the way the guns perform compared to each other.

#20 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

I wasn't talking about internals..I was more talking about the way the guns perform compared to each other.

Lol mechanical operation and being macroless IS how it performs. :blink:

#21 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

The bolt systems are very different, one is macroless, the Crossover can go mechanical...

I would also agree that the Crossover is a good deal at $200 if its in good condition. If you don't like it more than the Mini you can always sell it.

It is my uncles and he only used it once less the 500 balls through it

#22 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Lol mechanical operation and being macroless IS how it performs. :blink:

I really do not see how I can be any more clear that these markers, that are both around the same price range, have an almost identical performance to each others, in terms of efficiency, kick etc. Macroless or not has no impact on the performance of these markers.

The internal operation of the markers insides, do effect how the marker operates and handles, however for low and mid level markers this is rather negligible.

Also you do know what the definition of "performs" is right?

Edited by Syrellaris, 24 March 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#23 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

It is my uncles and he only used it once less the 500 balls through it

crossie 100% you save 190 bucks, and it will NEVER foul up on you. i own one, the only spoolie i would ever buy at retail by far

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#24 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

For $200 dollars thats a steal.

Lulzjustacat.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users