• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 itsmaxdawg

itsmaxdawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

I was wondering what are some paintballs that I can buy 2000 for less then $80. I'm trying to spend around 40 and I came across these http://www.sportsaut...rentPage=family I didn't know if their trash I'm using an invert mini with empire 68/4500 and halo hopper. Also why isn't their a category on here for selling paintballs?

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Dont buy your paintballs online. If you absolutlely must buy from an actual paintball site like ANSgear, Zephyr Sports, etc.

#3 itsmaxdawg

itsmaxdawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

What if I went into sports authority?

#4 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Ask to open the case and check for broken or dimpled paint with an associate and ask them how long they have sat on the shelves if you go to a sports authority.

#5 itsmaxdawg

itsmaxdawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Okay well where would you recommend that I buy paintballs?

#6 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Sports authority would be fine if there is one in your city but best place is a pro shop or the field. Anytime you buy paint regardless where you get it just check it for dimples and that stuff. Just a quick skim for dents and broken balls are really what you're looking for.

Also if you just hang out around online, just read some reviews on paint that your local store carries to get the best bang for your buck.

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Okay well where would you recommend that I buy paintballs?

Apparently Wal-Mart carries RPS/Empire paint now so as much as I hate the store your best bet might be checking there.

#8 GoG-eXTCy

GoG-eXTCy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Buy some Valken Infinity paintballs my friend uses them in his Empire Axe. I just asked him about them he said he loves them and they are great!
Been Playing Paintball for 2 years.... Also recommend me a New Gun For Under $275!

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

I would pony up the extra cash for Fate or even better, Graffiti if you're actually going to be playing with this paint. We use Infinity for the rental guns at the field I ref at and they are extremely dimpled and are almost squishy, which means they hardly ever break on your target.

#10 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Where do you live? I know prices in the great north are much much higher in some places here in the states so that might be one of your issues. It also depends on what your playing for regular everyday games just buy the cheapest crap possible for events you usually want to pay more...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Rps premium is good, as with gi 3 star. Ive grown a liking to empire paint. But go buy the paint at a pro shop or the field you go to. Stuff in stores have probably been sitting there for months.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 Genetic Cowlick

Genetic Cowlick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

I like stinger works well and its only 30 bucks for a case
it's plain durex lube that i've got... i've just split up with my girlfreind so im not going to be using it for anything else... i'ts a blowback marker?

#13 chadude100

chadude100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

RPS nightmare is the best sub $50 paint they sell it a walmart for $35 it kills stinger and heat

#14 itsmaxdawg

itsmaxdawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

RPS nightmare is the best sub $50 paint they sell it a walmart for $35 it kills stinger and heat

Yeah I think that RPS nightmare is probably the best for the price.

#15 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

I really like draxxas bronze blaze. I pay $45 for a case and it flys real nice and always breaks on target. I never had one bounce on an opponent. If you wanna spend a little more marbleizers are great too. I pay $60 for those at my proshop.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

I really like draxxas bronze blaze. I pay $45 for a case and it flys real nice and always breaks on target. I never had one bounce on an opponent. If you wanna spend a little more marbleizers are great too. I pay $60 for those at my proshop.

:tup: I swear by Marbs.

#17 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

:tup: I swear by Marbs.

They're great until the cold northeast months hit. They out of necessity I have to switch to frostbite. I can't wait to retire to a place where I can use good paint year round.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#18 justinkrusher

justinkrusher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

JT INERTIA paint is very good for the price iv used it many times, and it always breaks and shoot straight. and for $40 bucks on ANSGEAR, theres no beating that.
I pay for all my gear...Im 16.If your under 18 and pay for your gear, put this section in your signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FL paintballer4 life

#19 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

If you can find seconds sometimes you can get pretty good deals.I've gotten Hellfire amd Inferno at $25 dollars a case just because it was the start of a run and they were tweaking the shell color in. Of course you never know what you're going to get til you open the case.

#20 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Does anyone know how the xball blaze competition from academy sports is?

http://m.academy.com...ntballs&Ntk=All

#21 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

Formula 13, Karnage Bite, or Empire Premium. All Sub $50. (Unless Premium is $60 where you're at)

#22 itsmaxdawg

itsmaxdawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

Does anyone know how the xball blaze competition from academy sports is?

http://m.academy.com...ntballs&Ntk=All

I saw this stuff in sports authority that was there since 2012 and had like 15 ball breaks in each bag but I've never shot it so... but for $40 I would buy something from Valken they have great paint.

#23 TrisquitG

TrisquitG

Budget Balla FTW!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

I have used walmart paint just for the fun of it... and i chose

nightmare < jt elite < stinger

or i use red legion or spectrum

maybe getting shot at will really turn her on .... then yu can do her with your mask on .. sortof a whole darth vader thing ....
**heavy breathing** ..."WHO'S YUR DADDY" .. **more heavy breathing** .... "I'M YOUR DADDY" ...

lol

#24 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

Has anyone else used JT Competition?

I picked up a 500 round bag of it yesterday, and it shot pretty well IMO. I don't have much to compare it to, and I was only really using it for testing, but it shot straight, was consistent enough that I got a nice smooth arc going, didn't leave any grease in the barrel, and didn't get any barrel breaks. If you're using a STBB, I'd avoid it though. Waist high drop = breaks. In my extcy shooting between 280 and 340 (why I was testing...) I had no issues. I'd like to see if anyone else has experience with this.

Not sure how well it breaks on people; I only shot trees.

Edited by Dogg3, 19 April 2013 - 12:37 AM.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users