• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 J manwill

J manwill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

I just want to know some opinions on what to bring to the field, but have it healthy and tasty. I always end up eating pizza and burgers because I can't bring some leftovers that I need to warm up. What I am trying to say is there like some good sandwiches with lots of protein? Should I bring a baggie of veggies? Bring an apple? Paintball is a great workout and I would like to fuel my body properly!
Any opinions would be appreciated!

#2 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

How about a big wrap with turkey, avocado, tomatoes, extra sharp cheddar cheese, and a little honey mustard? Add an apple and lots of water and that's a pretty good lunch.

#3 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

I always pack food with me, its 85 miles to my field and I don't like to eat at Arctic circle all the time while I'm down there.

I usually pack 6-pack of water, Fruit, and some sammiches.

Edited by Panda Man, 26 March 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#4 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Eating food is preferable.

Eating dirt and paint is generally undesirable.

#5 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Turkey burgers, chicken breasts, a wrap like said above. Subway.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#6 Octonk

Octonk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Bare minimum, have some Builders or Cliff bars and Arizona Ice Teas on hand, and bananas, always bananas

#7 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

am i the only person whose fields don't allow outside food and drinks?

#8 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

just leave a cooler out in your Car(if possible) if the field would be that anal. 9 times out of 10 you always see someone with outside food in a indoor field..

Edited by Panda Man, 27 March 2013 - 01:12 AM.

#9 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

Water, gatorade and trail mix, the fruit and nut variety. I sneak it all in because they overcharge for water and gatorade, not to mention the crap food they sell. I always end the day with a few beers. Having a bar at the field is the greatest idea ever!

#10 J manwill

J manwill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Wow... That's one of the stupidest things a field could do... They always serve shit food. One of my local fields is bring your own everything and pay us 25 dollars for entry an air. That's a worse money grab than 150 for a case.

Thanks for the help everyone! I have some good ideas I what to bring

#11 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Any field that did that would be a field I never went back to.

#12 paintballstud19

paintballstud19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Protein shake? Haha but I usually bring a sandwich some water or Gatorade apple a bar and maybe a few other things to snack on just in case

#13 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

12 inch subs from the Cub foods deli are to die for. Seriously, I think theyre way better than Subway.

#14 paintballstud19

paintballstud19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

12 inch subs from the Cub foods deli are to die for. Seriously, I think theyre way better than Subway.

:tup:

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Whenever I'm at the field, its granola bars and water all day.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#16 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

Wow... I came here to learn how to be healthy and I feel like the odd man out.

Chips. Motherfucking doritos in between games, downed with bottle after bottle of vitamin water.
And then for lunch a nice turkey poor boy sandwich, and more doritos.

But it's okay, I don't eat the doritos. Only the adults do, I just down bottles of vitamin water and then eat the sandwich at lunch.

#17 LPill504

LPill504

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

I just want to know some opinions on what to bring to the field, but have it healthy and tasty. I always end up eating pizza and burgers because I can't bring some leftovers that I need to warm up. What I am trying to say is there like some good sandwiches with lots of protein? Should I bring a baggie of veggies? Bring an apple? Paintball is a great workout and I would like to fuel my body properly!
Any opinions would be appreciated!

In my opinion, eat a good breakfast (eggs, toast, bacon or sausage & oj or milk) to stay full till lunch and have fuel to burn. Also, try to stay away from anything too acidic (oj, mustard, anything that can cause indigestion.) because having heartburn or throwing up at the field sucks. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image So, you could bring a small cooler with apples, bananas, and a lean turkey sammich on whole wheat or a pita wrap w/ anything else you like on it. If you really want to give your body what it needs, drink a protein shake after you play, because in my opinion paintball is really a great workout. Hope this helps.
Posted Image

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

I watched a video on youtube where the guy said to avoid any and all dairy before playing, why is that? He wasnt just talking about people who are lactose intolerant either.

#19 LPill504

LPill504

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

I watched a video on youtube where the guy said to avoid any and all dairy before playing, why is that? He wasnt just talking about people who are lactose intolerant either.

You know, i've heard that alot too, not just for paintball. I don't fully understand it. Milk has calcium, vitamin D(both very important for muscle strength and cartilage lubrication), and two important proteins for muscle growth.(whey & caesin) I have no idea why you wouldn't drink milk, but that is just my opinion. Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

You know, i've heard that alot too, not just for paintball. I don't fully understand it. Milk has calcium, vitamin D(both very important for muscle strength and cartilage lubrication), and two important proteins for muscle growth.(whey & caesin) I have no idea why you wouldn't drink milk, but that is just my opinion. Posted Image

Increased chance of indigestion. It's like...drinking milk and drinking soda + spicy slim jim = pretty damn bad time.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#21 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Nuts. Beef Jerkey. Water.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#22 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Increased chance of indigestion. It's like...drinking milk and drinking soda + spicy slim jim = pretty damn bad time.

Well I never have soda or slim jims so I think Ill be fine then haha.

#23 LPill504

LPill504

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

lmao yep that doesn't sound too fun.
Posted Image

#24 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

About an hour before I head to the field, I eat 4oz of oatmeal with a half cup skim milk, 2 spoonfuls of honey, and a yoplait light.
During the playing day its a combo of water and propel out of the cooler and ill usually bring a sandwich or maybe two but I will eat it slowly throughout the day, and then have a light protein shake right after.
After the day is over and I grab my shower, that dinner becomes my cheat meal for the week and just go out to a restaurant, but I still eat a sane amount.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#25 Paintball junky

Paintball junky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

I always bring some sandwiches and lots of water, that way when you get thirsty all you have to drink is healthy, usally I will bring some type of protein bars as well because they keep you full for a good amount of time.
Posted Image

#26 timefourfood

timefourfood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:21 AM

Water, Gatorade, Bananas, Sandwich or Hot Dogs

#27 MissMoneyShot

MissMoneyShot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Chug a couple glasses of milk then play a few games in the summer time....tell me how that turns out. It will overheat and curdle in your stomach. Projectile milk vomit everywhere. Dairy is terrible in hot weather or when you know you're going to be sweating. You need to replace all the water and fluids you are losing.

Small cooler with generic sammiches, chips, water and gatorade is your best friend. Apples, granola bars and trail mix are good to. I always pack extra food for others who may have forgotton to bring munchies or who just stand around looking hungry.

Miss Money Shot

Edited by MissMoneyShot, 12 April 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#28 Greengrenade

Greengrenade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

I fuckin LOVE MILK

WOOOO GO MILK!!! SUCKIT GRAPE JUICE

#29 Greengrenade

Greengrenade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

I always bring some sandwiches and lots of water, that way when you get thirsty all you have to drink is healthy, usally I will bring some type of protein bars as well because they keep you full for a good amount of time.

the worst thing you could do is drink unhealthy stuff like coke (ilovecoke) any pop, your pee should look like clear water before you leave

Edited by Greengrenade, 14 June 2013 - 09:39 PM.

#30 ballsonyourface3395

ballsonyourface3395

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

I always pack a cooler! Prepping my food is how I went from 23-25%bf down to 9-12% and depending on season at 215-225lbs. Food is huge any field or place I am going to that doesn't allow outside food and drink I make up an illness to why I cant eat their crappy food. 

I dont think any foods are bad its about portion control more then anything else. But what I bring to the high impact days like paintball, airsoft, run and gunning (real guns), mma, etc would look on average like

2-3 cups of cooked oats with honey or agave 

2-3 bananas 

2-3 chicken breasts or 2/3 cans of opened tuna in water

trail mix with some form of candy in it

gummy bears

1-2 gallons of water usually just 1 unless its a whole day event

mixer cup with 2-4 scoops of protein

1-2 cans of pepsi or cola of your choice and just shake it until it loses all its carbonation

Soda is a great way to get simple carbs for energy. Again is portion control not rocket science. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users