• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 BecauseImBatman

BecauseImBatman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

So I have some 2010 Valken Crusade pants. They are still in great condition but I would like to get some new pants. I was looking at the Dye UL pants because they are very light. I would like pants that are pretty light but durable. Thanks.

#2 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Don't.get.the ULs, they are nothing.more than glorified wind pants. In that budget I would.look at the c13s, they are light, breathable, and padded pretty nice. I absolutely love mine.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

So I have some 2010 Valken Crusade pants. They are still in great condition but I would like to get some new pants. I was looking at the Dye UL pants because they are very light. I would like pants that are pretty light but durable. Thanks.

If you want light the Dye C10/11/12/13/etc. are nice as are the Empire Contact Zero.

#4 BecauseImBatman

BecauseImBatman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

I just want to know what pants are really good that will hold up to the usual wear and tear but are comfy and really light. The field I play on has a few rocks so keep that in mind.

#5 That_guy097

That_guy097

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Exalt

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Wait till I get back to this on my laptop...
Disruptive pants.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

I just want to know what pants are really good that will hold up to the usual wear and tear but are comfy and really light. The field I play on has a few rocks so keep that in mind.

Kneepads + C13, Exalt, Draxxus or Contact Zero

#8 BecauseImBatman

BecauseImBatman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

I have knee pads already. No need to worry about that.

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

I have knee pads already. No need to worry about that.

Any of those is an awesome choice then.

#10 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Does not compute.

I'd just go buy some paint or save the cash for something else.

To each their own.

#11 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

contact zero's but you kinda make it hard with the "light and breathable" then you curveball in "I have rocks at my field so keep that in mind" lol good luck
109.gif

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Disruptive pants are great, and pretty cheap. They are very strong and durable. The padding on the knees keeps you protected, being made of tough ballistic nylon while looking good sliding to those bunkers. There are stretch points in multiple places to provide ultimate mobility to make sure you play without restriction. Since every person is different, there are multiple places of adjustment such as on the ankles, inside the waist, and outside the waist for a great custom fit. The white diamond stitching will ensure the pants last a while adding a strikingly sexy look to your style. Since they were developed for Arizona players, who play in the infamously tough, dusty and rocky terrain of Arizona, they are very lightweight and have many points of ventilation and mesh, to keep you cool throughout the day so you can keep on playing game after game. The Disruptive Generation 2 pants are sold at the Disruptive Product Inc. website for only $100, making them one of the best pants without emptying your wallet.
Disruptive Gen 2 Pants

#13 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,067 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

DXS Shank V2's are IMO the best pair of pants on the market.

#14 BecauseImBatman

BecauseImBatman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

How do the disruptive pants compare to the exalt thrasher pants?

#15 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Exalt is 100x more awesomer than disruptive.

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Exalt is 100x more awesomer than disruptive.

Truth. Exalt makes good shit.

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

How do the disruptive pants compare to the exalt thrasher pants?

I believe Disruptive are great, but everyone's biased in terms of favorite pants. According to the specs of both, it seems that the main difference is hip padding. The exalt has tougher hip padding, while the Disruptive pants replace some hip padding with breathable mesh for more cooling. Keep in mind though, I've owned Disruptive Pants for 2 years, and they have yet to show any rip or tear, and I use them in Arizona fields, which are tough, dusty, and really rocky. It has seen grass/turf a grand total of 5 times, all of which were either tournaments or practices. ONCE was it used at the Xtreme Pursuit facility, which has tons of turf.

#18 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

Disruptive pants are great, and pretty cheap. They are very strong and durable. The padding on the knees keeps you protected, being made of tough ballistic nylon while looking good sliding to those bunkers. There are stretch points in multiple places to provide ultimate mobility to make sure you play without restriction. Since every person is different, there are multiple places of adjustment such as on the ankles, inside the waist, and outside the waist for a great custom fit. The white diamond stitching will ensure the pants last a while adding a strikingly sexy look to your style. Since they were developed for Arizona players, who play in the infamously tough, dusty and rocky terrain of Arizona, they are very lightweight and have many points of ventilation and mesh, to keep you cool throughout the day so you can keep on playing game after game. The Disruptive Generation 2 pants are sold at the Disruptive Product Inc. website for only $100, making them one of the best pants without emptying your wallet.
Disruptive Gen 2 Pants

Holy fuck, dude!
Can you even be more obviously sponsored?

I'd get pants from Dye, Proto, newer Eclipse, Tanked or Empire.
Just pick one you like the most, becuase they're all great.

#19 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

Disruptive Gen 2 Pants

Holy fuck, dude!
Can you even be more obviously sponsored?

I'd get pants from Dye, Proto, newer Eclipse, Tanked or Empire.
Just pick one you like the most, becuase they're all great.

that's what I thought.
RAWR?

#20 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Disruptive Gen 2 Pants

Youd be a lot more successful in promoting these if you didnt post this huge wall of text every time. Give people your honest opinion in a concise manner.

#21 Jugthug42

Jugthug42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

I own the Dye UL pants and even though they look great, I would buy the C13s over them. You get no extra padding with the ULs, but they are made of great material and breathe very well.

#22 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

I own the Dye UL pants and even though they look great, I would buy the C13s over them. You get no extra padding with the ULs, but they are made of great material and breathe very well.

Yeah, I don't really get why the UL gear is more expensive besides maybe different, more expensive materials?

#23 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

I use Empire 2012 LTD's. They are everything I need in paintball pants, and ANSgear has them at a decent price right now.

#24 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Want my honest thoughts on the Disruptive Pants?
I love them to death, for both their price and quality. It has great features for the price, and is really all you need. I find it to be the pants I base everything else out of. I love the knee padding, and the white stitching is pretty unique and very noticeable. I love the tough construction, and the adjustable waist, and how the ankle straps are Velcro instead of the pull and tab thingy that most others have. The belt is a nice touch, adding to my confidence that they fit will. The internal waist adjustability really does help, and the zippered pockets are great. It's very breathable, even to the point that on windy days, if you spread out your legs, the breeze just flows through your pants, making you feel a tad...exposed.
But here are also my honest complaints:
The pod loop in the back isn't really all that useful unless you play a really calm style. For me being 'hyper-aggressive', as described by my team, my pod always falls out in recball. Thank god Empire Pods never open unless you want them to (HUH ORANGE MUST BE SPONZORED BY EMPIRE!). It works fine if you play woodsball or don't do a ton of sliding. Another complaint is that I have always been annoyed by the lack of hip protection. I feel that the breathable mesh could be taken off a bit and be replaced by hip padding; the same ones on the knees. It really doesn't make a difference, but I always think twice on sliding on my hip because of that. That being said, I also wear empire slider shorts, so it doesn't hurt a bit, and my pants have yet to show any signs of tear or wear, and I slide so much.

Here's a general overview of my thoughts on the pants: They're damn awesome, especially for the price they sell them for. But it's a jack of all trades pants more than anything. The stretch points feel rather plush, and the ventilation makes it seem like it's not too durable, but the knee padding and the overall construction says "Hah I beg to differ". It feels like a mix between Eclipse pants to what I assume Dye UL pants are like: Very lightweight(thus feeling a tad frail), but surprisingly strong.

#25 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

I use Empire 2012 LTD's. They are everything I need in paintball pants, and ANSgear has them at a decent price right now.

+1

The Contact Zeros are very nice too if you want something lighter OP.

I get mad bounces off the legs though which is nice. Helps when diving into snake or a dorito and I catch a bounce or two (or 5) off my pants.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 27 March 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#26 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

Hehe you guys are arguing over pants... lol
109.gif

#27 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

I'd love to see how fast I'd break the disruptive pants. :rolleyes:

Only pair of pants I never broke was the C10 pants from Dye. Pants usually break if you really play aggressive and on turf.

#28 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

I will second this.

#29 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'd love to see how fast I'd break the disruptive pants. :rolleyes:

Only pair of pants I never broke was the C10 pants from Dye. Pants usually break if you really play aggressive and on turf.

lol, I would say that counts for every pants out there in existance and not just paintball pants.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users