• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Baj

Mr.Baj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

I have a 2011 Proto Rail and am not sure what to do about the barrel. A lot of people tell me that I need to upgrade the 11" that it comes stock with to a higher quality 14" barrel. Other people than tell me that changing the barrel is a waste of money and I will gain nothing from upgrading it. So My question is should I just keep the little stock barrel? or should I go out and get a 2 piece 14" barrel?

#2 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

stock barrel is fine and I had no reason to replace mine when I had my rail.

#3 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

The barrel on the rail is short, but it doesn't affect the marker's performance at all. Barrel length is personal preference for the most part.

#4 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

If you're playing airball a 14 inch barrel will help with bunker manipulation but thats about it

Lulzjustacat.png

#5 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

If you're playing airball a 14 inch barrel will help with bunker manipulation but thats about it

Pretty much. Barrels all personal preference unless you are worried about maxing efficiency with bore sizes. And even then it's a very minimal amount that it actually improves.

Edited by XGC_Cheevo, 26 March 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#6 Mr.Baj

Mr.Baj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Ok, so I will just stick with my stock barrel than unless I start playing a lot of speedball. Thanx for the input everyone.

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Ok, so I will just stick with my stock barrel than unless I start playing a lot of speedball. Thanx for the input everyone.

Even then, the stock barrel is fine.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 Thomas w

Thomas w

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

if you decide you want a nice barrel for cheap skip the 2 piece and pick up a cp one piece 30$ perfect for the money.

#9 Pewis

Pewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Actually, I was planning on getting a new 14 inch barrel before I even got the gun and now in my opinion I think the barrel it comes with is better than a 14 inch. The reason for that is because whenever I use longer barrels and I go to switch hands, my gun gets caught in the bunker and it either falls down and/or scratches the barrel. 11 inches is great (stfu pervs). The only reason you should upgrade that barrel is if you are going to get a barrel kit. Also, don't let anyone tell you that longer barrels are more accurate or that they make the ball travel a significantly longer distance. Instead of upgrading the barrel, get a nice clamping feedneck.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users