• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#51 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

The problem for me is that anytime I question him, he thinks I'm challenging his parenting/lifestyle/beliefs/other shit. It's impossible to have a calm discussion about something I disagree with.
He means well, but is ultimately controlling and sometimes immature which is unfortunate cause he tries and means well, and I really love him for it, but I don't have a clue if he knows that.

Sorry to bash on your dad.

He is ignorant and needs to learn to shut up and let things go another way. You can't control everything that happens in life and when something major happens that is the opposite of what he expects he will flip shit. I say save up and buy it behind his back and show him that you have things under control and that you are responsible.

Just go with your parents on this one then... Last thing you want is an eviction notice.

He sounds like he is a minor. Parent's can't do that, only minors can say they want to live independently from their parents.

As a parent I wouldn't take advice from a forum because I said so. What I might do after talking to my kid and telling him or her no is check out the forum. I know for sure if people on the forum were talking about me that way my kid wouldn't be back.

The parent is in charge I don't know the whole situation. But I don't think it is as bad as the minor makes it out. If the parent really hated paintball the kid wouldn't get to play ever.

And you'd be proving them all right.

It is about perspective. As a parent you just don't want you kids hanging around people who are being disrespectful and that is exactly what some of these post are. Truth be told we don't know the whole situation.

#52 Gingerbreadman

Gingerbreadman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

To the original poster,
In general (I have to emphasize: in general) most parents have their children's interest at heart. Now whether it's what you want or what they want is an entirely different thing. What I'm getting at is, if you can present an organized non-confrontational delivery of the information that other members of this thread have been talking about (in terms of the customer protections offered through PayPal and TechPb) and perhaps link the pages (sources where you got your information) and let your parents do their own research, you may actually convince them to think about your position.

As an adult having had to deal with a very obstinate/stubborn father who responds to perceived challenges to his authority much like the way you described your father, from my experience its better to do the leg work and give your dad a detailed summary so that if he's in a disinterested mood he can get the general ideas of what you're trying to say ( and dig deeper if he needs to). If you frame your position in a way that you think they can understand, you can lead them to seeing your point without having to confront them. When they come around to it, they'll think it's their idea and you'll be a happier person for not having to argue with them day in and day out over this.

Good luck! :) :) :) :tup:

#53 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Truthfully I think the reason the parent doesn't want him getting a new gun is because he has only had the one he has like 4 months. The parent one is worried the used gun will be more trouble than it is worth. Two the parent doesn't want him in 3 or 4 months saying he wants another new gun. As a parent that is most likely what is going on.

Enjoy what you have a while. If thee months after getting your first gun you want another gun then it is likely you don't know what gun you really want yet. Then again I want at lest 5 more guns so who am I.

#54 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

All this talk of upgrading a marker have we learned nothing... just hold out for a break in period then let your dad use the eNEMy while you shoot him with your new Axe...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#55 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

All this talk of upgrading a marker have we learned nothing... just hold out for a break in period then let your dad use the eNEMy while you shoot him with your new Axe...

But he wants to get it used :D
I am a raccoon.

#56 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

It's a new used Axe Posted Image

OP:

Any update?

#57 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

I will say this for the original poster. My daughter has already told me what she wants when she feels she has outgrown her gun. She wants a Luxe! She is madly in love with the marker.

#58 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

I will say this for the original poster. My daughter has already told me what she wants when she feels she has outgrown her gun. She wants a Luxe! She is madly in love with the marker.

... how old is your daughter Posted Image
In a completely respectful way
109.gif

#59 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

She is 13. Figures she wants about the most expensive gun she can find. I told her to get a job. However I am sure she will be happy with what she has for a while.

#60 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

She is 13. Figures she wants about the most expensive gun she can find. I told her to get a job. However I am sure she will be happy with what she has for a while.

Damn it, I'm 16... It's hard to find girls not the same age as me Posted Image, I can't believe I didn't realize a girl at my field wasn't hitting on me when she started talking to me about how my balls are different then others, I though she was talking about my paint till she lost interest about my fill story.... ANYWAYS back on what you mentioned, I'm glad you look at it that way, I started with my pilot, and have owned 7 guns so far that I've used my job to pay for, meanwhile the friend I got into paintballing went from a g4 to a geo 3 his dad bought him. Kind of a piss off... Why the hell am I talking about this?
109.gif

#61 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'm just gonna wait until summer until I get an axe or drone, maybe not even then. I still need to buy a caddy, barrel maids, overload knee pads, and a headband too. It's just goofy how they used to buy paint every two weeks cause of my kickass grades, but now that I have a job, i think i have to pay for paint now and it's too expensive for me to play cause they want the money to go into savings. Oh well, tough love. Only reason I'm frustrated is cause I explicitly said "mom, I'm getting this job to pay for paintball cause I'm tired of getting lectured." "Ok." "My soccer referee job can go into savings in the fall." "Ok." But then again, that was probably one of those half interested yeah okay sure discussions hahaha

#62 Felix the Cat

Felix the Cat

My cocker pump leaks more than Edward Snowden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

If you're still having problems with your parents, you have to be calm and reasonable. Don't tell them to "f off". They should see your point of view sooner or later.

LOOKING FOR A T2

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users