• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Desertrobot

Desertrobot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

I made an account to this forum to ask this question, and this question only, not only that, but to share my first experience I had in paintball.

First time I played was about a year ago, I went with a friend to a field named "Headshots" in Miami Florida, and we both got lit up like the 4th of july by some d-bags that had their FPS at 310, aswell as other more experienced players.

Us, being noobs with rental markers, did not know how the game really went, so we basically got taken advantage of. In one of the 5 games that I played, I got hit 20+ times in the back full auto by a friend of the referee, after he was done I started lunging at the c*** and almost got thrown out of the field.

All in all, I didn't have a good experience with the sport..

Sad thing is, is that I actually tried, very very hard to like paintball, I had even contacted a few paintballers for tips on how to start paintball, and what gear to choose, etc.

After the first bad experience, I went two more times. Second time playing I did okay, mostly because it was at another field that separated players based on experience, and I was balling with a few 8 year olds, which made me feel a little dumb. Third and final time, I went back to Headshots, and more or less had the same experience that I had the first time but with a lot more cheaters.

That's my experience, I'm not calling the sport out in any way, I'm just sharing the first bad experience I've had with something in a very long time.

Thanks.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,946 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Unfortunately, there will be fields like that. The only thing to do is spread the word about them and not spend money there. And it's not like you have to keep playing, but if you can find a good field, like the one that split up the groups, that can make all the difference.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

I'd go to a different field if those have been your experiences. Action Town FL seems to cater more to newer players and if you go to Medley Paintball on Saturdays there's typically more beginners as well. I think the best advice is to find a group of people you enjoy playing with and stick together.

Also, Miami is pretty much the D-bag capital of the east coast, sometimes you're just going to have to deal with idiots unfortunately.

Edited by SilentButDeadly, 27 March 2013 - 12:48 AM.

As seen on: PBreview IOG

#4 Kentuckyballer98

Kentuckyballer98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

Really it all depends on the field and how it's ran so don't let a bunch of d-bags ruin it for you and you can also find out what days the more experienced players are there because usually they will come on certain days like at my field all the teams and very experienced players play on Wednesdays. What kind of paintball are you playing also(speedball,woodsball,etc. ) playing speedball with a rental against a bunch of experienced d-bags is not a good idea

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

Unfortunately, there will be fields like that. The only thing to do is spread the word about them and not spend money there. And it's not like you have to keep playing, but if you can find a good field, like the one that split up the groups, that can make all the difference.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#6 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

Spread the word locally about how that field is not a good one, and find a new field to play at.

Simple as that really.

#7 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

That really sucks to hear. If you really want to try paintball again, I would suggest trying to find a different field, more like the second one.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#8 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

#9 Desertrobot

Desertrobot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Thanks for all the replies, I was expecting to get flamed, but this forum seems to be really mature about beginner experiences. I will give paintball another try at medley's or action town, hopefully I can play woodsball instead of speedball this time.

#10 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,946 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Woodsball is much better to start out with, in my opinion. The games seem to be less frantically paced, more of a "general" crowd vs a "speedball" crowd. Hopefully you'll have a better time.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#11 raven_op

raven_op

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for all the replies, I was expecting to get flamed, but this forum seems to be really mature about beginner experiences. I will give paintball another try at medley's or action town, hopefully I can play woodsball instead of speedball this time.

glad to hear you think abou tus that way. this community for the most part is very mannered and helpful. Once in a while though you get some idiots on here, but usually are put in their place.

Welcome to techpb, have anymore questions feel free to ask us.

#12 GoG-eXTCy

GoG-eXTCy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Start at woodsball, don't go their ever again and spread the word about the place get a good gun and you're set have fun! :tup:
Been Playing Paintball for 2 years.... Also recommend me a New Gun For Under $275!

#13 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Maybe get some friends and go back to the field with the beginner group? Maybe there are even some other techpbers that live near you. I know I'd go and play ball with you and show you the ropes if I could. :)

It makes me angry just thinking about those d-bags you had to deal with, if that kinda crap happened when I ref they'd be gone for the day.

#14 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

In my opinion I think you should just forget this "headshots" place because that is absolutely ridiculous. At my field, if you are a real little kid or you tell the ref you have never played before or you are using a rental gun, the ref WILL MAKE SURE that you have the best experience and you don't get lit up.

I would go back to the place that split you up into groups, and learn more about the sport and keep playing until you get good and then buy gear.

One Nation

Bob Long V1 Victory in **Titanium and Red W/Pressure tester and extras! 9/10 Cond.**: http://www.techpb.co...-910-condition/

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#15 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

In my opinion I think you should just forget this "headshots" place because that is absolutely ridiculous. At my field, if you are a real little kid or you tell the ref you have never played before or you are using a rental gun, the ref WILL MAKE SURE that you have the best experience and you don't get lit up.

I would go back to the place that split you up into groups, and learn more about the sport and keep playing until you get good and then buy gear.

:tup: This is how every paintball field should treat new players. It really rustles my jimmies when new players get thrown in with some wannabe tourny players that need an ego boost and light them up. I absolutely wont stand for it when Im reffing or playing.

#16 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

Unfortunately, both Medley and ATFL are speedball only. I heard there was a place down in Homestead that has woodsball, but I can't seem to find it online.
As seen on: PBreview IOG

#17 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

Go to Extreme Rage in Hollywood. The staff is shit and the place is dirty as hell. But they players are rather kind and helpful.

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#18 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

you really shouldn't let some douche bags ruin it for you. Find a new field and have fun!

#19 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Unfortunately, both Medley and ATFL are speedball only. I heard there was a place down in Homestead that has woodsball, but I can't seem to find it online.

Hollywood, Extreme Rage has woods.

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#20 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hollywood, Extreme Rage has woods.

I know its quite far away from you but i know that blitzkrieg and orbital in tampa, if you are willing to drive several hours, are possibly the best fields in fl, along with CFP

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#21 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

I only paintball because I have fun. I think if you're not having fun then why play? It's an expensive sport, and that only makes it harder to justify pouring money into something you're not enjoying. However paintball isn't a whole. There are a lot of players, a lot of fields and a lot of various equipment. Your experience can differ greatly depending on all of these factors combined. Try another field if you can, you might find you've just been going to the wrong field and playing with the wrong people.

If you're willing to give paintball a chance, it's obvious you have seem some sort of merit to it; but have just had some bad luck. Try to explore the various options you have on the table if that's the case. However, most definitely do not spend money on gear if you're still unsure. No point in spending hundreds of dollars on gear and finding out you just actually didn't like it the entire time. Despite having your own stuff can be fun(and may make the experience more fun), it's also expensive and you need to do your research. Playing with rental stuff will still give you a pretty good idea of how fun the game is for you.

#22 paintballstud19

paintballstud19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

Sry to hear about this dude ik an early bad experiences can ruin things for people. It took some courage to give it another 2 tries. And btw dw worry about playing with the 8 yes some of them can give you a run for your money haha but rlly its up to you but if you decide to play again as others have said bring some friends my first couple times I played paintball were with my friends and it didn't matter how bad we sucked or what happened we had a fun time and had some stories to always tell off of it and we still play to this day

#23 Shellsinc

Shellsinc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

Maybe get some friends and go back to the field with the beginner group? Maybe there are even some other techpbers that live near you. I know I'd go and play ball with you and show you the ropes if I could. :)

It makes me angry just thinking about those d-bags you had to deal with, if that kinda crap happened when I ref they'd be gone for the day.

^ This makes me happy to see that first off, all who have responded on here have represented TechPB well, and also represented the true community of paintballers well. It disgusts me as well hearing that you had such a bad experience. To mirror much of what was said, the field can make a big difference, some with better staff and players than others. So, my advice is do some research about the fields close to you and try some of em out. And props to you sir for sticking it out.

I wish you the best of luck in your future play! Go get em Posted Image

#24 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Come to canada :D
109.gif

#25 Crashkt90

Crashkt90

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Ive been playing for 5 years now. I will never ever play in Miami, this has happened to me multiple times. I used to make a quick run down with 2 of my buds without our parents knowing. Everytime out of the 6 or so times down there that crap has happened and i wont do it again. Blitz in tampa used to be like that but they got all the rift-raft out. That is my favorite field in tampa. Ever since then it seemed things have gotten better. But now i also play pump against all levels of exp. I usually coach the walk on if they want it. But if you dont like move to another field or wait about a half a year and usually the people will be gone.

Reverse Drop Forward Gloss Black Modified Stock Class Phantom

#26 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Naw, paintball isn't very much fun

#27 NinjasEatPandas

NinjasEatPandas

Tomorrow will be a good day

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

If you're willing to take the drive, a newer field opened up in Lake Worth, goes by the name East Coast Extreme. Went there just last weekend with mostly new players (my first time playing in a good half a year) and the staff was great and players were all friendly. I'd check it out. Worth the drive imo

Feedback

AHHH THIS THREAD IS PISSING ME OFF I QUIT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users