14 replies to this topic

#1 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

So I just acquired a new MVP, but I have never really used Auto Trigger it's self, I have had some pumps over the years but none with auto trigger... people who use it consistently, how much extra paint do you use? without it I usually only got 20-30 rounds per game.

#2 white devil

white devil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

If you usually only use about 30 balls per game, I wouldn't expect you to use much more paint. Unless you start to get crazy with your auto trigger.

#3 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

are you generally playing open class? If so and you are only shooting 20-30, then with auto-trigger, if you're expecting to use it heavily, and really lay down a lot of a paint, I'd suggest (based off what I see others do with their AT) at least a VL200 full, and 1 small pod. I've seen people dump an entire hopper using AT in one game that lasted 3 or 4 minutes. It also depends on what type of paintball you're playing. Are you playing outlaw ball in the woods with your friends. At a large woods field, scenario, speedball~walk on or competitive?

Take my opinion with a grain of salt, Technically* (using a phantom) I am an AT owner/user... But I play all VSC pretty much every time I've played, with under 5 times using open class (with a phantom) in the last 5 years.

I have seen a lot of people dump lots of paint, but it really depends on the person/"game type" you're playing

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#4 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

i play indoors. i usually only went through a hopper per game or less wth my g6r 90% of the time

#5 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

i play indoors. i usually only went through a hopper per game or less wth my g6r 90% of the time

I would just take a full forcefed out there. When in a jam (last guy left) most of my paint gets spent trying to hold shit down and go for the win
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#6 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

I haven't used a pump without AT in almost a year now.
But i don't even use the AT that much.
I find shooting fast with a pump messes up my aim too much

#7 SuicideLemming

SuicideLemming

Game on!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Depending on what situation you are in, you probably won't be shooting much more paint than you already are. I only tend to use the AT as suppression fire when a player is making a run for a game objective. Otherwise, it screws up my aim too much to fire with any sort of accuracy.

#8 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Well I plan on just playing mid as I always do.. I like to lane the back corner bunkers(kinda my thing) then move up from there. I can see where I will use my AT to help make a player wrap in a bad spot to have another guy or myself shoot him out.. But generally I'm pretty easy on the trigger.

I have played pump quite a few times, and I never shot a full 50 round hopper with my Sniper pump(no AT) The games usually don't last long enough.

So... I just plan on picking this little guy up to meet both demands
APP 150 rounder

its small and can hold quite a bit of paint.

#9 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Well I plan on just playing mid as I always do.. I like to lane the back corner bunkers(kinda my thing) then move up from there. I can see where I will use my AT to help make a player wrap in a bad spot to have another guy or myself shoot him out.. But generally I'm pretty easy on the trigger.

I have played pump quite a few times, and I never shot a full 50 round hopper with my Sniper pump(no AT) The games usually don't last long enough.

So... I just plan on picking this little guy up to meet both demands
APP 150 rounder

its small and can hold quite a bit of paint.

When i use an APP 150 i like using 100 rd pods because you don't have to empty your hopper to refill it completely.
But i guess you could use normal ones and just dump a little bit of paint.

#10 1shot

1shot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

I would suggest being selective on when you AT. It can get you out of a pinch and put some heads down but you most likely wont score a lot of hits with AT. AT wont make your pump an automatic, it's still a pump. I play better when I remember this and use my equipment within its limitations. A fast rate of fire goes to my head. I end up throwing a lot of paint without using my head.

#11 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Well after holding my MVP with my 45/4500(feels like sex in my hands)

I really don't see myself ever using the AT on it unless I'm laning or using it to move up.

#12 silvere108

silvere108

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

AT is a handy thing. You can get more aggressive with your pump stroke. I ride the trigger on my pump gun and want that second or third shot as fast as possible. Especially while moving and bunkering. I'm pulling the trigger almost before I complete the stroke. Same way I set up my cockers back in the day. After shooting a Glock in comp for years, I'm used to not releasing the trigger fully. I don't slap it like a 1911. A purest might call this sloppy but I don't think there is room for argument once you are playing open class rather than stock.
Thread Killer!

#13 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

AT is basically used for laning and bunkering, and not all that much else. Maybe the occasional accuracy by volume kill when you have an angle.
Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#14 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

I hardly ever autotrigger. I use it just enough to use it, but not enough to put it on every pump I own.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#15 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

I only at on an xball field. You don't use that much more paint. I still make my sport shot last 4ish games

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users