16 replies to this topic

#1 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

hello to anybody reading this, i need your help. i am looking to make a large upgrade and im going to be purchasing a new marker. but i cant decide on what i want to get.

These are what i want in a gun:
  • Feels good in the hand
  • easy maintenance
  • id prefer a spoolie because they are more quiet and smoother
  • reliable
  • consistent
  • lightweight
  • id prefer it to be macroless(but if there is a gun that matches all other categories perfectly, i will consider it)
  • 300-450 price range

If i forgot a category please let me know and i will answer you.
Thank you to anyone who helps me out!

#2 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

You can find a used axe in that price range. Matches everything you want

#3 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Yeah I was leaning toward that but I want to hear other people's opinion and advice. I'm open to any suggestions basically.

#4 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

The reflex rail is exactly what you want

Ohio Raiders 

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Except for the Spoolie part.

Edit: and the feels good in the hands part.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 27 March 2013 - 03:10 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Except for the Spoolie part.

Axe + Lurker bolt = smooth as a DM with better efficiency and being SUPER gentle on paint.

#7 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Well the axe is an inline poppet so I know it's not a true spool but it's pretty smooth just like a spool. Also is easier to maintain than a spool because it has less orings than a normal spool would have. Some people actually like the feel of the axe in their hands so I would go to the store and see if you can hold it a bit.

If you really want a true spool you could find a nice used pm8, old dm, and maybe a drone dx. Only thing is they all have a macroline

#8 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Give a Tippmann crossover a try. When I was looking at em I was very impressed comfy little shooter with good ergos IMHO for myself. Seems to check off every one of you wants.

Edited by TinyBear, 27 March 2013 - 09:40 PM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#9 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Well, its not a spoolie but the 2012 Invasion fits every other category. You can also tune an invasion in to make it as smooth as a spool. And maybe as quiet as well. You can find one used for 450ish and new for 500.

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Well, its not a spoolie but the 2012 Invasion fits every other category. You can also tune an invasion in to make it as smooth as a spool. And maybe as quiet as well. You can find one used for 450ish and new for 500.

I really liked the Alien I had a chance to use, but that's a bit of an exaggeration to say the least.

#11 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

I really liked the Alien I had a chance to use, but that's a bit of an exaggeration to say the least.

According to Jack there is a way to tune it to make it incredibly smooth, but you lose consistency. He said he rather tell people how to make it decently smooth with better consistency than incredibly smooth and meh consistency.

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

According to Jack there is a way to tune it to make it incredibly smooth, but you lose consistency. He said he rather tell people how to make it decently smooth with better consistency than incredibly smooth and meh consistency.

Interesting, it would still have higher reciprocating mass than most spoolies and have the ram hitting the valve but if the one I shot was untuned its not unbelieveable that you could get one even smoother/quieter.

#13 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Interesting, it would still have higher reciprocating mass than most spoolies and have the ram hitting the valve but if the one I shot was untuned its not unbelieveable that you could get one even smoother/quieter.

Well it could have been tuned, just a different way. You can tune it any way you want whether you want best consistency, most smoothness. Jack tunes them before he ships them for the consistency. Im sure as smooth as a spool is a slight exaggeration but definitely smoother than lots of poppits if you tune it right.

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

Well it could have been tuned, just a different way. You can tune it any way you want whether you want best consistency, most smoothness. Jack tunes them before he ships them for the consistency. Im sure as smooth as a spool is a slight exaggeration but definitely smoother than lots of poppits if you tune it right.

I believe it, the Alien I shot was smoother than any Etek or Ego I've shot.

#15 kornerkutz

kornerkutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

For 325 the valken proton os a awesome gun. And it meets all ur needs.

#16 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

An used axe and eigenbolt is probably the best way to go. if you like it to be more simpler swap the eigen for a boss bolt
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#17 Thomas w

Thomas w

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

dont have much experience with the axe but have shot them (nice and smooth) and from what i hear there excellent guns

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users