• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Shortstuff

Shortstuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Wow its been a while since I've been on here, but anyway..

I may be joining a team in my area soo, I'd have to see how much I like the Idea first, with costs and whatnot. I currently have a BFG inspire, with an invert halo hopper and a 48/4500 tank that I use for woodsball. I don't think that that is really going to cut it for any serious speedball play. for the start, the guy at the field said he would have a few loaners for me to try first and see if I like, so that may be an option to buy from them too.

But anyways, the thing is is that I need a few suggestions for markers, I'm kinda a big guy, so I need the room for the hand that go with it. I may be needing a new tank as well because the old one is a steelie.

I am willing to spend up to 450, but would rather it be in the $350- 400 range. we would be playing in semi auto mode most of the time, so maybe the hopper would work for a while, as I wouldnt really be over the 15bps it can do.

I can carry a fair amount of weight around, so that wont be an issue.

If you want any more info I will be more than glad to give it to you.

Thanks

I prefer jugs, not bags.

The opening post is like a mini skirt. it needs to be long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to inspire creative and original thought.

#2 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Since you said you are a bigger guy and most likely playing back I would look into a Ninja Dura 77/45 tank. Loader is fine. For the gun get like an older super gun that YOU like.

#3 GoG-eXTCy

GoG-eXTCy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

Since you said you are a bigger guy and most likely playing back I would look into a Ninja Dura 77/45 tank. Loader is fine. For the gun get like an older super gun that YOU like.

Been Playing Paintball for 2 years.... Also recommend me a New Gun For Under $275!

#4 Shortstuff

Shortstuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Just so you know, I dont mean big as in width, I mean in height, Im 16 and im 6'3". but I guess it would be the same way anyways. also, How many pods should I carry? I have a 3 pod pack, and I'm not that big of a paint slinger. Just wondering your thoughts. But yeah, we might be getting together after the break to try it out. thanks for the suggestions so far guys.

I prefer jugs, not bags.

The opening post is like a mini skirt. it needs to be long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to inspire creative and original thought.

#5 GoG-eXTCy

GoG-eXTCy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Well if you don't shoot that much what's the point of having 800 paintballs in your pods all together. That's like saying i'm hungry so you buy 4 hamburgers and eat three then throw the 4th one in your pocket for no reason at all.... But anyways I shoot maybe 500 paintballs average a game so I carry two 180 paintball holding pods so I carry 560 paintballs but shoot 500 so answer of how many paintballs you shoot if you had to guess during one game?
Been Playing Paintball for 2 years.... Also recommend me a New Gun For Under $275!

#6 Shortstuff

Shortstuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

darn double post, one below is actually probably more accurate.

Edited by Shortstuff, 28 March 2013 - 05:05 PM.

I prefer jugs, not bags.

#7 Shortstuff

Shortstuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

maybe 300-400 usually, again, I dont know because I havent played a game yet.

I prefer jugs, not bags.

#8 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Since no one has suggested a marker like you asked, I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest a used axe. Get that for around 300 and you still have money to play around with for a new tank.
I'm a bigger guy too, 6'1" with long hands an arms, and with a 68/45 the axe feels perfect ergonomically. The space between the grips is big enough for me to feel comfortable with it at all times. The marker itself performs and shoots well, never ever had an issue with it. Plus it's backed by kee, who has absolutely awesome customer service. Just my .02.

#9 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

I'm 6' even, 175 lbs. I've been pretty happy with the Etek3 using both a 45/68 and a 45/45. When I'm walking the trigger I alternate between using the tips of my fingers or the second area behind the first joint, whatever thats called. There's plenty of room inside the trigger guard. The grips are decently thick and the reg long enough for the width of my hand. The length works out nicely to position the centerline of the barrel at the tip of your nose with plenty of clearance and your hands aren't too close together.

As to pods, it depends on the position you are playing. If you are playing front then I'd say no less than three. Mid and back, no less than five.

#10 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Im 6'4 I have long ass gorilla arms and I play with a G6R and a Ninja 68/45 It feels great for me in the hands.

Im going to set you up with something a bit unconventional although it will work wonders for you.

Smart Parts SFT Shocker $200-$250 "They can feel really stretched out depending on the configuration, shoot really well and you can get them with some really good upgrades in that price range.

Eclipse Arm Pads $40 "An absolute MUST if you are playing competitive speed ball" You will thank me later.

Empire 68/45 $120 Your not trying to break the bank here simple no nonsense tank gets the job done holds air makes your gun go bang.

With whatever you have left over I would look into getting a pair of pants. They are a godsend.

Hope I helped!

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#11 Shortstuff

Shortstuff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys, and sorry for not coming back to see this. Probably I'm gonna go with either an axe or and etek3/4 been looking at the ones here in the bst. thanks for reminding me about the arm/knee pads bigx, gotta make sure I get those.

I prefer jugs, not bags.

#12 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

I agree with the axe. Im 6'7 and its one of the guns that has felt most comfortable. Alot of the guns ive held that would feel comfortable in a bog mans hand are out pf your price range so I would go with an axe. Etek not bad in the hands im not a fan of them though id hold and shoot both before making a decision and get what feels best to you

#13 mkost86

mkost86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

I agree with gprime I have both an etek2 and an axe personally I shoot the axe fells great shoots a little smoother in my opinion also had an etek 4 lt. I didnt like the give and twist the composite frame had.

#14 4THELOVEOFDAGAME

4THELOVEOFDAGAME

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

lol im 12 and use a 68/45

#15 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts