• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 ntw

ntw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

I am interested in purchasing the Azodin Kaos as my first marker. Does it work on Co2? Will it chop paint? And will a Proto Primo loader do well on it?

#2 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

it works on C02
it wont chop unless you are pulling faster than your hopper will load, ball breaks are different but I dont see that happening unless you're using brittle paint for some reason, normal rec paint shouldn't break in the barrel.
proto primo will work however, it is a gravity fed hopper so you will still have to shake it every now or then but I hear they work better than a standard 32 degree gravity fed hopper and for 14 dollars if you're on a super tight budget i wouldn't see why not to get it. you wouldn't be losing much money if you end up not liking it or upgrade later.

Lulzjustacat.png

#3 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

It is not recommended to use co2 because the kaos does not have a regulator, just a gas through grip. using hpa is highly recommended.it will be more consistent and better for your gun. the primo will work just fine. i use one on my kaos. that being said i have never had one ball break or chop since i have owned the gun and i use white box field paint.

#4 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

It is not recommended to use co2 because the kaos does not have a regulator, just a gas through grip. using hpa is highly recommended.it will be more consistent and better for your gun. the primo will work just fine. i use one on my kaos. that being said i have never had one ball break or chop since i have owned the gun and i use white box field paint.

having no regulator is not why C02 is not recommended... you know most if not all low end blowback mechanical markers don't have regulators right?

Lulzjustacat.png

#5 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

i know. im just saying, without a regulator, the liquid from co2 has a better chance of seeping into your gun, causing serious damage.

#6 TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

TotallyNotAKeeFanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

i know. im just saying, without a regulator, the liquid from co2 has a better chance of seeping into your gun, causing serious damage.

I'm not positive, but isn't the co2 bad for electros due to the damage it can cause to the solenoid?

#7 iNicker

iNicker

Amazing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

I'm sure liquid co2 in any gun is not good for it.

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,930 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Clearly you haven't teched a rental fleet. There isn't much some liquid C02 can do to braided line and solid alumnium.

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Clearly you haven't teched a rental fleet. There isn't much some liquid C02 can do to braided line and solid alumnium.

My field's rental fleet uses hpa.
But I have teched friends guns which are the equivalent of rental fleets. Co2 didnt do shit to their tippmanns and azodins. The co2 just messes up the solenoid on electros, and the velocity spikes can be a pain.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 29 March 2013 - 12:52 PM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#10 ntw

ntw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

So in conclusion should I use Co2 or not? Co2 did ruin my friend's smart part and I don't want that happening to my Kaos

Edited by ntw, 29 March 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

So in conclusion should I use Co2 or not? Co2 did ruin my friend's smart part and I don't want that happening to my Kaos

You shouldnt if you could help it, because HPA is much better. But the only reason why it messed up your friends Ion (im assuming), because it uses macro fittings, and it has a solenoid, as well as its internals being hoses.
It wont mess up your kaos at all. HPA is preferred, but your kaos wont falter with CO2

#12 ntw

ntw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Does HPA cost more than Co2? I'm on a tight budget and want to get whats most convenient

#13 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

The HPA will cost more in the short run, but in the long run HPA is generally cheaper.

Be sure to check what your field fills.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#14 ntw

ntw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Do HPA refills cost less?

#15 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Do HPA refills cost less?

Depends on the field. Usually there's a flat fee for unlimited hpa fills, and many fields that I have been to require you to pay per fill for co2. Some have had the flat unlimited fee work for both co2 and hpa, but again, it depends on the field.

#16 ntw

ntw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

My main concern is if Co2 will ruin the Kaos...will it? Or will it be fine?

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

My main concern is if Co2 will ruin the Kaos...will it? Or will it be fine?

It will be fine. It won't ruin the internals one bit. On electro's, maybe. But have you ever seen a fence go down because it's cold? The internals won't falter at all with Co2. We only recommend HPA because it's a better investment for both tank fills and consistency in velocity when shooting.

#18 ntw

ntw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Ok thank you for the help

#19 xxpagxx

xxpagxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

The kaos does work with co2 because that's what I use. It won't chop paint unless you pull the trigger too fast, which will take some effort. The proto primo works great. I shot I'd say about 10k paintballs and I only had to shake it once.

Hope it helped.

#20 ntw

ntw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

The kaos does work with co2 because that's what I use. It won't chop paint unless you pull the trigger too fast, which will take some effort. The proto primo works great. I shot I'd say about 10k paintballs and I only had to shake it once.

Hope it helped.

Thank you

#21 Cummins4life

Cummins4life

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

i would get a revi for 12$ ON ANSGEAR

#22 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

Hi i own a kaos (dont use it anymore) and yes you can use c02 with it but like ost other markers hpa is recomended for use an the primo sould due you good, it is only a mech gun so no need to go out and buy a rotor. Now if you are looking for something with a little bit of speed to it save up an extra $60 bucks an buy a azodin blitz witch can still run on c02 (have to mess around with the internals) now for the blitz i would recomend getting an electric hopper but still no need to get some crazy hopper for it you could get a revy for $15-20 should be fine, but like all other electros the blitz works better running off hpa then c02

fep quest!: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222650

would do anything for a ccm t2

#23 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

Don't listen to the above^
Get a nice loader now, so no matter what marker you get, you'll have a loader that will keep up with it. So go ahead, grab a rotor, or a prophecy, or a spire.

#24 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

You don't need a hundered plus dollar loader to go and play paintball
It is you people that say you need the newest and best equipment out there that is hurting the sport cause then they look at the prices of all of it and think they won't be able to afford it.

All you need for a blitz is a reevy because your more then likly just starting out in the sport I own one that's what I shot with my blitz and can you believe this it work amazing on the marker!! Uh orange chicken I didn't have a $200 dollar rotor and it kept up!!!!
Really I bet you I could go out to your field with my Old bko icd with a reevy on it and do just fine(it's not the marker or hopper it's the shooter)

So the choice is still yours if you went to go buy a dye rotor an stick it on a $90 or $150 if we are talking the blitz an look like a complete bumb ass go ahead

Edited by weekendwarriorPB, 05 April 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#25 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

It is you people that say you need the newest and best equipment out there that is hurting the sport cause then they look at the prices of all of it and think they won't be able to afford it.

All you need for a kaos is a reevy I own one that's what I shot with my Kaos and can you believe this it work amazing on a mec gun!! Uh orange chicken I didn't have a $200 dollar rotor and it kept up!!!!
Really I bet you I could go out to your field with my Old bko icd with a reevy on it and do just fine

So the choice is still yours if you went to go buy a dye rotor an stick it on a $90 gun an look like a complete bumb ass go ahead

It's daunting to some degree, but if you go used and have good reasoning, why the hell not? Just because they're new doesn't mean they have to go through the dreadful upgrade mentality: First a grav feed, then a revvy, then an overdrive, then a halo or spyder fasta, then a rotor? Why not just the Rotor? Investing saves you money in this sport. Hell, you could even stay with a Halo and be done with it. I use a Rotor on my pump, and it goes fine on my eNMEy, and it works great with my ion. I could give it to my friend on his Geo3 and it'd work great. I could hand it to a renter and he'll mow faces because of a better reliable firing rate.
Sure, it works for you. Probably because you didn't care too much, or that that's you wanted out of your marker. But in the long run, it's not saving you money. I say either go with a Primo and stick with that until you can either afford a Halo, Pinokio, or high end, used or new.

#26 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

All you need for a kaos is a reevy I own one that's what I shot with my Kaos and can you believe this it work amazing on a mec gun!! Uh orange chicken I didn't have a $200 dollar rotor and it kept up!!!!
Really I bet you I could go out to your field with my Old bko icd with a reevy on it and do just fine

So the choice is still yours if you went to go buy a dye rotor an stick it on a $90 gun an look like a complete bumb ass go ahead

It's daunting to some degree, but if you go used and have good reasoning, why the hell not? Just because they're new doesn't mean they have to go through the dreadful upgrade mentality: First a grav feed, then a revvy, then an overdrive, then a halo or spyder fasta, then a rotor? Why not just the Rotor? Investing saves you money in this sport. Hell, you could even stay with a Halo and be done with it. I use a Rotor on my pump, and it goes fine on my eNMEy, and it works great with my ion. I could give it to my friend on his Geo3 and it'd work great. I could hand it to a renter and he'll mow faces because of a better reliable firing rate.
Sure, it works for you. Probably because you didn't care too much, or that that's you wanted out of your marker. But in the long run, it's not saving you money. I say either go with a Primo and stick with that until you can either afford a Halo, Pinokio, or high end, used or new.

Now I am not saying they should keep upgrading just, I have had lots of friends come into paintball buy a bunch of expense equipment get bunkered once and never go again

So personally I would suggest getting a cheaper hopper and making sure you like the sport

And sorry for the above post I over reacted that's my bad, also I like hearing from a fellow pump player!

Edited by weekendwarriorPB, 05 April 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#27 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

That's why I say get a primo. Impulse-buying is bad, of course, especially if you don't know what they're getting themselves into and the purchase is expensive.
And pump is a great form of paintball; everyone should try it at least twice in their paintball lives!

#28 weekendwarriorPB

weekendwarriorPB

love them oldy markers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

That's why I say get a primo. Impulse-buying is bad, of course, especially if you don't know what they're getting themselves into and the purchase is expensive.
And pump is a great form of paintball; everyone should try it at least twice in their paintball lives!

I agre on both subjects

#29 MinnesotaPaintballer

MinnesotaPaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

Why not get a revvy and that's it? You can't outrun it on a kaos, and if you get a blitz or an "electro upgrade" in the future, your gun will have eyes that keep you from outrunning your loader (breaking paint). If speed is the reason, a revvy gets something like 12bps on a drop test. Unless you are a tournament player (if you're on a budget, you're not), then you will never need more than that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users