3 replies to this topic

#1 urockalex

urockalex

Nobody got time fo dat!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

WHich is better. I am leaning towards the eXTCy because of the board but idk. I want your opinion. If you can. Could you also tell why that gun is better than the other.

#2 PaintBa11Kid

PaintBa11Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Zenith

#3 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Better has a lot to do with preference, becuase few comparisons are as different as this one.

The Zenith is a stacked tube blow back that uses an automated sear actuation to release the rammer. A spring fires the rammer, which opens up the air pathway to fire the paintball and "blow back" the rammer to lock behind the sear again. In this formation you cannot adjust the dwell. However, it's incredibly simple and fairly easy to maintain with only scant lubrication (rammer o-ring, maybe the bolt itself) required. It has a 14inch, two piece barrel and macroline as different from the eXTCy. The balancing cup seal in the ZeRO system will help lower the operating pressure and associated noise/kick, but it will still seem louder and therefore kickier than the eXTCy.

The eXTCy is a blow forward spool. It will have a lower operating pressure and slower valve opening which will make it seem smoother each shot. The eXTCy has steel-braided hose instead of macroline. This is something of a preference again, but personally I don't like steel-braided hose because it increases maintenance complexity/difficulty compared to macroline. The eXTCy will have a lower efficiency than the Zenith but is more customizable and has a higher bps firing rate. Unless you are playing competitively, these features are unlikely to provide you any benefit (as most fields restrict to semi-only and cap the firing rate at some number like 15 or 12.5 bps). Adding an upgraded bolt or QEV will increase the efficiency of the eXTCy but cost the marker in a rougher and louder shot. The tradeoff will still favor the Zenith in efficiency but also still favor the eXTCy in smoothness/noise - it just puts the markers closer together in each.

Personally, my honest recommendation these days is don't buy either of them. I'd recommend starting your marker search in the $300 range and go up from there, or find a used supergun from about 4-5 years ago that will now be in the $200's range (older intimidators, DM6's or so, quests, etc.).
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#4 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

Zenith

No way, the extcy is much smoother and quieter than the zenith ever could be. The zenith is a glorified spyder with less recoil. The extcy works the same as a pmr or a reflex rail. Do yourself a favor and skip any STBBs
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users