• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#1 Jake_Thomas

Jake_Thomas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

For an Easter present my mom has signed me up for CEP's (the pro paintball team) clinic in Clarksville TN on April 21. I am really excited to go, but I was just wondering If all the people there are going to be like D1 or D2. Cuz I am not that experienced I am not a random with a tippman and I am not a noob. I am about D4 tops, and are on of the best on my team. So my question is are all the guys out there going to be like D1 or are most the guys out there gonna b like me.

#2 Ghamm92

Ghamm92

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

From what most people say on here, it doesn't matter just take it as a learning experience and just go out and play! You'll better yourself even if they way better than you and I'm sure since it's a clinic they would split up the experience levels but hey I could be wrong!

#3 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Act like you know what you are doing and be confident. After all you're all there to get better anyways.

Ohio Raiders 

#4 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

just go, it cant hurt.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#5 Jake_Thomas

Jake_Thomas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I was just wondering. I really don't care if I do get lit up cuz where I play some cep guys have played there be4. And I have got raped by them but it was still fun. Also The clinic starts at 9 in the morning. How many cases of paint do u think I should buy? But when u register u get one free case

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Just go, it'd be a great experience for you, and you should be fine. They're there to teach you how to play. Which means you can be bad. Just be confident and willing to learn, especially since you're with the Pro's.

On a side note, Phoenix Contact sometimes 'clinics' at Disruptive and Xtreme Pursuit. Nothing too formal, but it's hella interesting knowing you're with the pro's, even if they are borderline D1

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#7 Jake_Thomas

Jake_Thomas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

K thanks 4 the feedback

#8 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Is it really that hard to type out "before" instead of "be4" or for instead of "4"?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

There will be just as many people worse than you as better than you

#10 Jake_Thomas

Jake_Thomas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Is it really that hard to be a grumpy ass douche bag who won't stop bitching at random shit just because he has nothing to do on a Friday night.

@tallsmallboy44

#11 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Is it really that hard to be a grumpy ass douche bag who won't stop bitching at random shit just because he has nothing to do on a Friday night.

@tallsmallboy44

Thanks for calling me a douche.Enjoy your clinic thing. Posted Image

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#12 Jake_Thomas

Jake_Thomas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

I will @tallsmallboy44

#13 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

it doesn't look very hard to be a douche bag and seeing as you're also on the forums on a friday night that point is invalid

#14 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Lets keep this thread OT guise, no need fo dis.

I think one case would be good. but if it isnt you can always buy more.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#15 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

@tallsmallboy44

Thanks for calling me a douche.Enjoy your clinic thing. Posted Image

Hmm your the one worrying about getting destroyed at a clinic but I have told myself before I won't flame on the forums so I won't say what I wish to. You better hope a mod doesn't see this.

Ohio Raiders 

#16 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

Posted Image

#17 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Both of you knock it the fuck off
Most pro teams that do clinics do it for lower level players Ive seen people with entry level gear show up to clinics you might not be very good but you will learn something
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#18 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

@tallsmallboy44

PROTIP

When on forums, use correct grammar and spelling. If you don't, you will not be taken seriously and will be branded as a no shirt guy which equates to lazy douche who is compensating for something.

#19 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

there are a few d1 players who play at all of my local fields so it is pretty interesting to play with them. You are lucky, i wish there was a pro team clinic by me right now. and maybe the person who said be4 was on a really crappy 1/abc, 2/def, 3/ghi, .... phone that took forever to type on.

#20 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

I think it's funny OP calls someone a douchebag like he's some sort of tough guy but he's worried about getting destroyed at a clinic. lolwut
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#21 Ghamm92

Ghamm92

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

I don't think you would enjoy getting lit up now would you? I don't think anyone does and just stop fighting over nothing god damn

#22 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

I don't think you would enjoy getting lit up now would you? I don't think anyone does and just stop fighting over nothing god damn

I actually tend to love being shot up. Seems to be the only way to make someone learn they are doing something wrong....
SO if you do get 'lit the fuck up' think about why you did and how you can prevent that in the future. Thats the best thing about playing with upper level players, you will eventually play like them if you learn from your mistakes.
Enjoy the clinic Posted Image

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#23 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

I actually tend to love being shot up. Seems to be the only way to make someone learn they are doing something wrong....
SO if you do get 'lit the fuck up' think about why you did and how you can prevent that in the future. Thats the best thing about playing with upper level players, you will eventually play like them if you learn from your mistakes.

Truth.

#24 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Clinics are going to be set up for each player to get a similar amount of training as every other. As for playing better players ... play the best you can, that's how you improve.
Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#25 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

I can light you up if you want to... bynes is mine
109.gif

#26 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Which is why she is in my picture? Ill 1v1 you for her?

#27 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

After that whole drug incident? You can keep her. Ellen Page man, she's mine.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#28 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Im down when and where!!!!!

109.gif

#29 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

come to vipers big game at grc paintball in july. its outside of buffalo

#30 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

I'll see if I can make it! Your going down bucko

109.gif

#31 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Should be a fun time haha. but just fyi...regardless of the outcome, she is mine.

#32 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Should be a fun time haha. but just fyi...regardless of the outcome, she is mine.

... bynes is mine

109.gif

#33 Gingerbreadman

Gingerbreadman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

As long as you keep your eyes open and take in the advice from people you feel are more experienced and have something to offer, you should be fine. It wouldn't make any sense if they have a training course where everyone act like bags of summers eve. It hurts the training camp as a business and no one would ever want to go back again (i.e. there wouldn't be that word of mouth that allows the camps to charge what they charge). Long story short, go out there have some fun and just through random encounters you'll probably meet a lot of great people that help you improve in your l33t skillz and you'll make new friends.

That's how I got into paintball in the first place, the good ol' camaraderie. Good luck! :D :lol:

#34 tannerthomas

tannerthomas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

I think it's funny how the whole post has now come to what a douche the guy is who called the guy a douche

#35 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

I was going to say, go and have fun but don't be a d-bag......then I started reading the thread more. Yeah.

#36 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

just shit on all the d-bags

inbtl

Edited by stinkfingr, 01 April 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#37 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

... bynes is mine

lies...

#38 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

... bynes is mine

lies...

Posted Image
dibs... dibs dibs dibs dibs dibs dibs!
109.gif

#39 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

(Cant quote anymore...)My gawd....
But my sig says more than that picture...

Posted Image

#40 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

Posted Image

not a gif but.... it works
109.gif