Photo

I don't want to play another fucking team sport, dad.

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

So currently, I play 3 sports. Wrestling, football and box lacrosse. I want to try out mma Because I like solo sports more than I used to. But my dad is being an asshole about sports. When school starts, so does football, when football ends, wrestling starts, when wrestling ends, lacrosse starts, and when school ends, so does lacrosse. It's awesome. But my dad is making me play another god damn team sport during winter (wrestling season) Basically he's making it be hockey or field lacrosse. I hate the people I played with in hockey when I used to play and the coaches are dicks (I ref so I know all about it). And I was never big on field lacrosse in the first place. He doesn't realize that I like solo sports because I have nothing or nobody to blame except myself. It teaches you something about accepting mistakes and fixing something. Plus I don't have to rely on others for my success. Just me. But with wrestling, I still learn about team work. My team during provincial weigh ins was huddled in a group sleeping on each other or grappling and having a great time. So I'm annoyed because playing one of these winter sports interferes with wresting and the sport that I have the most chance of being very successful at is wrestling.

Don't argue with me about hockey or lacrosse, I don't give two shits. And if you call wrestling homosexual, you are just too much of a bitch to try it.
Have a nice day

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,143 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Lacrosse is where it is at Posted Image

Oh, and I almost forgot: Shit on your dad.

First!

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 29 March 2013 - 07:59 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

This rant I kind of enjoyed.

#4 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

you are just too much of a bitch to try it.

Actually it's because I'm not homosexual.

I love you.

#5 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

Don't do MMA, most of its shit, unless you just wantto do it for ring fighting.
Now if someone wants to correct me, go ahead, but I have tons of reasons that I'd be willing to discuss why I wouldn't recommend it.

Now, on the other hand, martial arts are different.
Something like karate, ju-jitsu, kendo, kung-fu, taekwondo or iaido will teach you how to really defend yourself (if that's what your going for).

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#6 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Don't do MMA, most of its shit, unless you just wantto do it for ring fighting.
Now if someone wants to correct me, go ahead, but I have tons of reasons that I'd be willing to discuss why I wouldn't recommend it.

Now, on the other hand, martial arts are different.
Something like karate, ju-jitsu, kendo, kung-fu, taekwondo or iaido will teach you how to really defend yourself (if that's what your going for).

Self defense isn't what I'm going for really, everybody at my middle school (grade 6-8, I'm in 8) is pretty damn weak. The reason that I would like to do MMA is a fun thing I can do that's a good cardio work out. My dad won't also let me do martial arts because my brother would also be insisting on doing, If I could though, I'd enjoy some doing ju-jitsu or kung-fu.

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

I say explain your reasons to your dad if you haven't already. I don't know about your relationship with your parents, but I can't imagine a way someone's parents could force their child to play a particular sport.

If nothing else, come at it from a financial angle. Tell them it would be a waste of money if they spent it on a sport you won't enjoy or gain anything from.

#8 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

Future UFC fighter right here.

#9 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

I fight and it is not s%$t it is way more legit than most other martial arts I used to take taekwondo and went to a couple judo classes and trust me it will teach you to fight the best and is very good cardio and also tell your dad that playing another sport will interfere with wrestling

#10 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,143 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

I fight and it is not s%$t it is way more legit than most other martial arts I used to take taekwondo and went to a couple judo classes and trust me it will teach you to fight the best and is very good cardio and also tell your dad that playing another sport will interfere with wrestling

How is it way more "legit" than other martial arts, when it is a conglomerate of said martial arts that it is better than?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#11 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

And if you call wrestling homosexual, you are just too much of a bitch to try it.

Nahh, I just don't like the increased risk of skin to skin infections.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#12 madsnipes

madsnipes

TechPB's Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Rugby FTW.

#32 "Dusty" of the Devil Dogs. Give us a like if you want - Devil Dogs Paintball

TechPBsig_zpsbc0cb057.jpg

#13 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

The one major problem I have with MMA is that it's not really mixed martial arts, it's anything non-life threatening fighting.
Plus, MMA doesn't teach anything that would be useful in a really fight.
As my karate teachers says "Chase, you don't want to be in a cock fight, with one person pecking and then the other pecking back."
If you ever got into a real confrontation, you want to disable the other person quickly and effectively.

But if your just doing it for the ring fighting, I'd say go for it, cause it's still fun.

Edited by Blade of grass, 30 March 2013 - 11:08 AM.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#14 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

And if you call wrestling homosexual, you are just too much of a bitch to try it.

Nahh, I just don't like the increased risk of skin to skin infections.

I now what you mean, every time I see a spot on my skin that's not normal, I automatically go "OHSHIT I may have ringworm"

I have tried explaining everything I can to let him, He just wants me to, I try to explain and he ignores me. If he forces me and follows through on this I'm going to be very annoyed.

#15 That_guy097

That_guy097

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Play paintball :P

#16 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Porsche, there is no substitute.

• Members
  • 11,397 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Wrestling? You mean grabbing men in fromt of other men? No, not homosexual at all. :dodgy:

#17 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

My team during provincial weigh ins was huddled in a group sleeping on each other or grappling and having a great time.

After that one sentence , you kinda of make it hard to not call it that...

I would recommend picking up one or two types of martial arts then mixing them by trying MMA. Another fun individual/team sport is fencing . You could also try Track and field. You could always take a break from sports and do weights. Right now there is a community football season going on but instead of playing i'm doing a ton of Weight lifting and to keep me busy I'm also doing T&F on the side.

Posted Image

#18 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

My team during provincial weigh ins was huddled in a group sleeping on each other or grappling and having a great time.

After that one sentence , you kinda of make it hard to not call it that...

I would recommend picking up one or two types of martial arts then mixing them by trying MMA. Another fun individual/team sport is fencing . You could also try Track and field. You could always take a break from sports and do weights. Right now there is a community football season going on but instead of playing i'm doing a ton of Weight lifting and to keep me busy I'm also doing T&F on the side.

I should have said there were girls on the team.... It was not that big of a sausage fest.... haha

#19 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

Wrestling? You mean grabbing men in fromt of other men? No, not homosexual at all. :dodgy:

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#20 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

I dont get why people think wresting is homosexual. That's how humans fight. No one looks at two rams butting heads and says "aw dude how *banmeplzktx*"

Edited by `kook, 31 March 2013 - 01:40 AM.

It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#21 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

No, but thats butting heads. In wrestling, theres a chance you two are going to butt heads, however it would be the other head males have.

I dont get why people think wresting is homosexual. That's how humans fight. No one looks at two rams butting heads and says "aw dude how *banmeplzktx*"

Rams ram heads.
In wrestling, theres a good chance you two will end up touching the other's other 'head', if you know what I mean ;)

Edited by Orange Chicken, 31 March 2013 - 02:30 AM.

#22 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,789 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:42 AM

No, but thats butting heads. In wrestling, theres a chance you two are going to butt heads, however it would be the other head males have.

Rams ram heads.
In wrestling, theres a good chance you two will end up touching the other's other 'head', if you know what I mean ;)

You can get your junk grabbed in a lot other sports other than wrestling. Wrestling isnt homosexual.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#23 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

I doubt you really want to be in direct physical contact with balls in paintball, both for either staying in the game or staying with your dignity.

#24 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

I doubt you really want to be in direct physical contact with balls in paintball, both for either staying in the game or staying with your dignity.

http://www.myspace.c...-dorito/3241623

Edited by fatalll, 31 March 2013 - 07:12 PM.

http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#25 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

I wonder what universe of our "world" you come from where humans fight in exactly that way. I have yet to fight in such a way and I have been in quite a few fights in my life.

Anyway, stop being your dads bitch and tell him you don;t want to do another team sport. Talk to him about it, simple as that. If he won;t give up, just ignore him and walk away every time he brings it up.

#26 PieCars

PieCars

Time to nut up or shut up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Rugby FTW.

I wish my school had rugby. Not very popular in american high schools. But I'm on my school's crew team, it's pretty sweet. And bitches love rowers Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by PieCars, 31 March 2013 - 09:52 PM.

My Feedback 4/0/0

#27 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

I liked doing MMA for sport, but for self defense, I prefer hapkido or LE Defense Arrest Tactics.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#28 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,397 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Because two rams aren't grabbing each other. :rolleyes:

#29 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

Because two rams aren't grabbing each other. :rolleyes:

So any sport that has players grabbing each other or touching each other is homosexual?

That makes so much sense. :dodgy:

#30 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,397 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

No? But when you're on the floor grabbing another man's testicles its pretty damn close. :P

#31 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

No? But when you're on the floor grabbing another man's testicles its pretty damn close. :P

Is doesn't go that far.... Haha I think if somebody does that they may be over doing it ...

#32 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Is doesn't go that far.... Haha I think if somebody does that they may be winning ...

Fixed B)

#33 moon

moon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

I wrestled for 11 years there is nuthing like it I did look into mma when I was in high school but around here you can practice as train but can get fights till you are 18 may be different where you are at I will also tell you don't think for one second because you are a good wrestler you will do good your first fight I had a buddy who was a three time state champ wrestler get his ass kicked and didn't make it threw the first round it is a whole new game and treat it as such

Good luck to whatever you do and don't let anyone make a decition for you
Ironmen Timmy for sale
http://www.techpb.co...9

#34 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

I wrestled for 11 years there is nuthing like it I did look into mma when I was in high school but around here you can practice as train but can get fights till you are 18 may be different where you are at I will also tell you don't think for one second because you are a good wrestler you will do good your first fight I had a buddy who was a three time state champ wrestler get his ass kicked and didn't make it threw the first round it is a whole new game and treat it as such

Good luck to whatever you do and don't let anyone make a decition for you

Grammar and spelling are your friends.

#35 moon

moon

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

I know my grammar and spelling sucks but I can spell go fuck yourself

As far as you guys saying wrestling is "*banmeplzktx*" and all you do "is grab balls" iv wrestled for 11 years and don't think I have ever had my balls grabbed or grabbed someone's balls people that think that's all wrestling is should go to a practice or get on the mat you will shut your fucking mouth real quick and have a lot more respect for one of the oldest sports out there
Ironmen Timmy for sale
http://www.techpb.co...9

#36 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Bro, you obviously aren't in-the-know of the rant section. No matter what the op says, he is wrong. And no matter the quarrel, we'll create a counter arguement.
So to proceed in custom...
I have never beem a traditionalist. I dont believe I ever will. I wont have respect for something that doesnt have power over me, and has a good reason to. Now before you say that you could knock my ass on the ground and I assume manhandle my tesricles in an untimely fasion, please take in account I am far away; you can't touch me, and even then, I doubt anyone will respect a male who grabs testicles for sport.
Now as I said, not a traditionalist by any means, and I wont respect wrestling because its one of the oldest sports out there. Thats a silly reason. Just like liking football because 'it's 'muriken'. I, being from a country that has little to no nationalistic ideals, have a pretty neutral chance of judging things. And if I judge things to be ball groping, then id say thats just about right.
Now as for grammar. Do not sound like the generic 12 year old, of whom knows how to properly spell 'fuck' yet can't use the right form of threw or remember to punctuate. This is the internet baby. Grammar and spelling makes or breaks your chance of being taken seriously.

To conclude things up sir:
I am better than you.

#37 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

As far as you guys saying wrestling is "*banmeplzktx*" and all you do "is grab balls" iv wrestled for 11 years and don't think I have ever had my balls grabbed or grabbed someone's balls people that think that's all wrestling is should go to a practice or get on the mat you will shut your fucking mouth real quick and have a lot more respect for one of the oldest sports out there

The whole tight suit wearing and being covered in sweat wrestling as well as having my face dangerously close to a nother mans junk is not my style of a good sport nor an interesting sport. (I'll gladly wrestle with a woman though :P Mud wrestling for example ;) ) not to mention it looks boring as fuck.

#38 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

not to mention it looks boring as fuck.

Then I have no Idea what you're really watching. Maybe 8 year olds? And remember, watching and doing are very different. Example: Curling is boring as hell to watch but with some buddies you can have a pretty good time.

#39 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,397 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

This is great. :tup:

I'll just leave this here:
Posted Image

Not even close to another man's badong, not at all. :dodgy:

#40 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

wrestling is great but if you want to do MMA you really need to commit to it. there are TONS of people who dabbled in MMA just to say they were a tough guy cage fighter. they never went anywhere in their mma career and their body has gone to shit from getting beat up so much. plus getting kicked in the head for years isnt doing you any favors in the intelligence department. fighting isnt something that should be "dabbled" in. just a fair warning
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#41 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,143 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Posted Image

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#42 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

http://www.myspace.c...-dorito/3241623

Are you a timelord?
Posted Image

#43 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,810 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

I'll shitkick all of you if you goons don't settle down.

Posted Image

#44 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,811 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

Don't argue with me about hockey or lacrosse, I don't give two shits. And if you call wrestling homosexual, you are just too much of a bitch to try it.

Defensive, are we?
Just sit down and talk with your dad about doing a solo sport. Explain to him the merits of doing one and the sense of variety you desire. It's not like you're giving up team sports altogether.

Edited by Antonious, 08 April 2013 - 04:03 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#45 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,811 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:54 AM

Though I'm also rather worried about how your dad seems to be pressuring you to do all these sports, seemingly without caring what you want to do. The thought of Andy from the Breakfast club comes to mind.

Edited by Antonious, 08 April 2013 - 04:04 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#46 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

Is it just me or is the second page another rant inside of a rant thread, ranteception...anyways just tell your dad how you feel. I couldn't imagine that my dad would ever make me play a certain sport or choose my career or whatever. If he doesn't stand by your decision and feelings on the matter than I'm sorry, but your dad isn't being a good dad in that area....
I have and I always will be a Christian Baller.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#47 willy704

willy704

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

I do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as well as Kung-Fu. Jiu-Jitsu is more competitive and, in my opinion, is the most practical martial art to learn, as far as real world self defense application. I also noticed that you can pick up Jiu-Jitsu much faster than you can learn Kung-Fu. I've been doing Kung-Fu for 10 years and I would still only consider myself to be decent at it. If I was in your situation, I would definitely take up Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. It's absolutely awesome. I have gotten myself out of fights with assholes at school because of it
MARQ OWNERS ARE A SUPERIOR RACE

Posted Image

#48 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

I do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as well as Kung-Fu. Jiu-Jitsu is more competitive and, in my opinion, is the most practical martial art to learn, as far as real world self defense application. I also noticed that you can pick up Jiu-Jitsu much faster than you can learn Kung-Fu. I've been doing Kung-Fu for 10 years and I would still only consider myself to be decent at it. If I was in your situation, I would definitely take up Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. It's absolutely awesome. I have gotten myself out of fights with assholes at school because of it

Look at filipino martial arts. Thats pretty damn practical in the real world.

#49 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

Wrestling is just two layers of neoprene from g@y sex - Daniel Tosh

As a soccer player and future lacrosse player, I'd say play field lacrosse and just stop wrestling all together.

And don't a single one of you fucks say anything about soccer being homosexual -_-

Edited by IPlaySoccer, 21 April 2013 - 10:29 PM.

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#50 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,811 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

God damn, you people are so defensive about your sexuality, regardless of its relevance.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users