• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 A Golf Cart

A Golf Cart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

I fell in love with this sport when I went out and played at a local field not too long ago. Though I really enjoyed the game, I felt somewhat constrained by the rental equipment and now wish to have higher quality gear. The setup that I am looking into getting will run me about 330 dollars. Here it is:

-Marker: GoG eNMEy
-Mask: V-Force Pro Vantage
-Tank: Ninja 48/3000
-Loader: Tippmann SSL-200
-Pack: BT 2+3 Pod Pouch
-Barrel (to replace that dinky thing that comes on the eNMEy): CP 14" One Piece

Please keep in mind while you are offering your considerations the following things: I don't think I'm a real big paint slinger (at least for now), I play at a field that doesn't charge per the fill, and I am going to spend 350 dollars TOPS. Also, something that is outside of my budget is the paint that I would like to buy. I am leaning toward RPS Premium, so what bore should I have to match that well?

So what do you think? Thank you for your suggestions and have a nice day!

#2 That_guy097

That_guy097

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Maybe a 68/4500 tank and try on a bunch of masks if you can and get the best feeling one you can. Un comfy masks suck.

Most but not all paint bores around 684 ish. So depending if you want to under bore or over bore. I'd use a 681/679 but I play pump and rollouts are probs for me lol. <-- don't worry about roll outs. Over bore I'd go 687.

Make sure you can bring your own paint to your field before you buy a bunch.

Edited by That_guy097, 30 March 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Spend the money on a high end mask now, because I guarantee you will end up buying one later and regret spending the money on that one. If you like Vforce go for the Profiler or Grill or a Proflex or E-Flex if you like flex bottoms. The i4 is good too if you have a small enough head to wear it.

Don't bother replacing the barrel.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 30 March 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#4 That_guy097

That_guy097

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

I rate this a "go play paintball!" :)

#5 FMC

FMC

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Please dont call it a loadout lol and id say upgrade to a 68/4500 and your good

#6 MoBB_Grouch

MoBB_Grouch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

Dear young sir, an enmey is made for rental use......its like having a ft-22 or 98 custom.......not so great....
Dangerous Power G4: http://www.techpb.co...1

#7 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Dear young sir, an enmey is made for rental use......its like having a ft-22 or 98 custom.......not so great....

I would suggest stop speaking out of your assPosted Image

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

Ahahaha...haha...ha. No.

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#10 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

what if his field he likes, only fills 3K? a 48/3K will be fine. ..

The Mask, be careful with Vforces they tend to fog sometimes, I'd personally look at a Grilzz or a Sly Prophet... I'm actually thinking of trading my Grillz for a Prophet now.

#11 Dogg3

Dogg3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

Then he gets s lighter tank with a higher capacity.

Having handled my 68/45 and my friend's 48/3000, even if I had to buy a lower capacity, I'm buying a carbon tank.

My vote? If at all possible, save the extra money and buy the carbon tank.

Oh and in case this isn't unprofessional enough yet.

Fuck, shit, boobs, purple monkey dishwasher.

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

The Mask, be careful with Vforces they tend to fog sometimes, I'd personally look at a Grilzz or a Sly Prophet... I'm actually thinking of trading my Grillz for a Prophet now.

I would definitely not suggest the Profit over the Grill. Those things are like putting a pillow over your ears and mouth. Very comftorable, but its awfull hard to breathe. There are thermal lenses available for the Grillz if fogging is an issue.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 30 March 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#13 A Golf Cart

A Golf Cart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

I really like the pro vantage and the stock barrel on the eNMEy is only 10" and is a .693, so i'm definitely going for the new barrel over a better mask. Thank you for your input though!

#14 A Golf Cart

A Golf Cart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Thank you for your input, but the eNMEy is better than any rental gun for so many reasons (examples: regulated air, anti-chop bolt, light and short trigger...the list goes on...)

#15 A Golf Cart

A Golf Cart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

Thanks for the post, but that tank is another 100 dollars that I don't have right now, but it is a definite consideration if in the future I upgrade to a G1 or eXTCy

#16 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

The Pro Vantage was and still is a great starter mask. If your field offers 4500 fills hit that up also check out HaloB loaders they are the best starter loaders money can buy and they go pretty cheap on the BST!

That's like saying well that Porsche is no better then a Civic or a Corolla... They all drive right?

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#17 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Thanks for the post, but that tank is another 100 dollars that I don't have right now, but it is a definite consideration if in the future I upgrade to a G1 or eXTCy

I would think you would want to upgrade to something slightly better then either of those if your already shooting an eNEMy broski? Look at Rails, Axes and other markers in that category in the future especially if you want to venture into competitive play.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#18 A Golf Cart

A Golf Cart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

I appreciate your feedback, and my field actually fills to 4500. That being said, I tend to take the high road during the games and only shoot maybe a hopper and a pod. I have been told at my local paintball shop that the pro vantage does not fog, but I will take that into consideration.

And this goes for anyone who is replying to this post: should I stick with the Tippmann SSL or spring for the Valken V-max?

#19 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

The V-max sucks and get a used super loader.

#20 A Golf Cart

A Golf Cart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

I would think you would want to upgrade to something slightly better then either of those if your already shooting an eNEMy broski? Look at Rails, Axes and other markers in that category in the future especially if you want to venture into competitive play.

It is all speculation at this point as to what will be my upgrade to the eNMEy. My dream gun as of now is the Dangerous Power FX...absolutely beautiful gun. But all dreaming aside, have a nice day brochacho!

#21 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

I really like the pro vantage and the stock barrel on the eNMEy is only 10" and is a .693, so i'm definitely going for the new barrel over a better mask. Thank you for your input though!

The barrel DOES NOT matter. Your mask is the most important piece of gear by far, that is what you should splurge on.

It is all speculation at this point as to what will be my upgrade to the eNMEy. My dream gun as of now is the Dangerous Power FX...absolutely beautiful gun. But all dreaming aside, have a nice day brochacho!

Dangerous power guns do look nice but they shoot poorly and their quality control is nonexistant. Id recommend a Gog marker over one of theirs any day.

#22 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

The barrel DOES NOT matter. Your mask is the most important piece of gear by far, that is what you should splurge on.

Dangerous power guns do look nice but they shoot poorly and their quality control is nonexistant. Id recommend a Gog marker over one of theirs any day.

Yes especially on the barrel. An upgraded barrel is near useless, especially on an eNMEy, where the stock barrel is fine. A mask is so much more important.
Also, yes Dangerous Power guns suck. But if you do get a working Fusion FX with no kinks, I heard it actually shoots rather well. However, I'd recommend an Alien Invasion over a DP Fusion FX any day, and a GoG marker over all their other ones.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#23 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Posted Image

#24 Genetic Cowlick

Genetic Cowlick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

I have the ssl and it works really nicely not heavy and it feeds well enough for a smart parts vibe
it's plain durex lube that i've got... i've just split up with my girlfreind so im not going to be using it for anything else... i'ts a blowback marker?

#25 henchman

henchman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

The Enmey rocks.
And I'ma big Automag fan.

#26 Paintball junky

Paintball junky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

go play paintball and try it out, but before doing anything I would suggest you buying a new mask, you want a good mask that wont fog on the field, its the worst feeling when you cant see where your getting shot from.. especially during winter games...
Posted Image

#27 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

King he is right they do use then as rental gun. Grouch, king is right their not a bad marker. Their is far worse out their.

Btw go play and most of all have fun.
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#28 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

Get a good mask, I also recommend the halos their highly underrated and with a v35 board they can chill with the super loafers of today easily, then get a decent carbon fiber tank you can buy'em used for agood price....

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users