• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

What are some important positions (home, dorito, snake, etc.) to have filled in? What would be suggested? For example would it be ok if no one played snake?

#2 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

I don't think snake would be covered in 3 man, but there's probably gonna be someone jumping into it anyways so just keep close to the snake to clear it if there really is anyone there.

#3 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

I would fill the closest back bunkers and wait for 'em
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#4 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

It's impossible to say because the must have bunkers will depend on the field layout. You have to make these decisions by walking the field and figuring out where you need to be to win.

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

I don't think snake would be covered in 3 man, but there's probably gonna be someone jumping into it anyways so just keep close to the snake to clear it if there really is anyone there.

I would say snake corner, that way if it comes to an odd man situation you have a corner that is easy to gunfight out of, or fill into snake if the opportunity presents itself. My personal bunkers would be snake corner (if possible) home, and Doritos, but this all depends on field layout, and your teams speed.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#6 St Six

St Six

You boys like Mex-i-co?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

Snake and D side wreak havoc when played properly.
Also, having the corners is important, too.

#7 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

Someone's prepping for CPL 3-man, eh? I should be there as well.
Posted Image

#8 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

The ones you can get to

#9 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Someone's prepping for CPL 3-man, eh? I should be there as well.

Had a great time. My coaches assembled the line 2 weeks before the event giving us only 1 practice before the tourney. We still placed 4th out of 17 teams which isn't bad.

Edited by marceldacs, 15 April 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#10 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

3 man is real iffy and it takes a big gamble to know what to fill and what to leave open.

This is where scouting the teams actually helps more then where to run off the break.

if "Team X" really hits snake side hard, then well you need to lock the snake up with tons of laning, if they hit the dorrito side a lot, make sure you stick one guy in the back corner while you can get other players on the other side cross shooting the field to either agitate the Dorito player or get him to wrap like an idiot and have your back corner player shoot him out.

or do something unpredictable like run two guys up the gut and have them cross the field up....

#11 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

I would play the home and the god/d-side god equivalent if there is one. Make those your primary bunkers to get to off the break. Your home can fill either side if you go down a body and can really help out.

If you consistently cant make those bunkers off the break, you could try a center A run or just go narrower off the break. I would just try really hard for your home player to get that G1 off the break and you should be good.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#12 Slipurknot15

Slipurknot15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Im also looking to start a 3-man team on three mandatory bunkers to have men in?
PM ME ABOUT PAINTBALL DRAWINGS

#13 Senior SL8R

Senior SL8R

World Domination.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

It really depends differently on each field layout.

You want to focus on points that have a clear shot at various points on the field, while at the same time, not being out in the open.

Snake isn't a must in 3man, unless it's a strong point on the field layout. If you can shut down the entire team from snake, then snake might be a good choice.

The main thing, is don't get eliminated trying to get to their back dorito, go to what you can get to safely. Staying in is more important then getting tunnel vision for one single bunker.

Train your team to be universal, before you lock them down in one spot.

Best of luck to you and your team. :tup:
- Crew 343 - D5 -
Posted Image

#14 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

when my team plays 3 mans what we do is we pick the widest bunkers we can live in and make safely, then we wait to get up bodies before we get aggresive. If you lose a gun off the break or early that's 33 percent of your firepower. and probably a blown open side of the field.

#15 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

in 3 mans, never hit snake, but don't let the in snake at all. shut down the snake, d1 off the break, home, and snake side bunker. keep your gun up, and make sure to communicate !

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#16 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

keep a V formation, have a back center and 2 guys in front of him. focus on getting 1 G on the break. then work it from there

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users