34 replies to this topic

#1 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Ok, I was just wondering what everyone thinks about getting "lit up". I for one have experienced it plenty of times (usually from some kid in rec ball, who gets in trouble because the ref notices him ramping).

Although I don't mind it, I think that it helps me become a better player. I do think of myself as a good player even though I occasionally make a mistake and get lit up like everyone.

Edit: I want to know how everyone feels about getting "lit up"?

Edited by Justin B., 31 March 2013 - 08:48 PM.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#2 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Really depends on the situation. There has been times I got shot by a player, call my hit and then proceed to swing my hand on top of my head, to get lit up, within several meters by a person coming up behind his team mate and seeing me. That pisses me off, simply cuz I was already out and the person apparently lacks the intelligence to think "oh my team mate is still alive, so he must not been shot yet" instead of "ey look, somebody in front of me!!"

However if I get shot by accident (if they see only my legs or something) while I am already out, I don;t find it a big deal. It is part of the sport, that you get hit. By accident or not :P.

#3 Vhyrus

Vhyrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

If some random jackass intentionally puts 10 balls in my back to show how agg he is on a weekend pick up game, I am definitely not okay with it.

If someone is dropping balls on me and I am slow to call out for whatever reason, well that's more on me. Still not the best form but I didn't help anything.

If someone point blanks me 6 times cause I was walking off and they didn't notice me, I would probably let it go once, but if it happened again I would lose my cool.

If I run up the field on a mad dash and 4 people decide at that moment to check the center and white out my entire mask, well I can't really blame anyone but myself there, can I?

It all depends on the context.

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

I'll flip shit especially if they are not on semi.

#5 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

I don't care at all. Even if its walk ons. I look at it as an opportunity to not let it happen next time.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#6 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

I only use semi because I'm legit!

One Nation

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#7 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

Why? Most people shoot faster on semi then ramping so it would be worse on semi.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#8 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

It happens. Once the balls are in the air you can't take them back.

#9 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

If we are in an event anything goes. Go ahead try and put 8 in my back if thats what your going to do but your gonna get at least a few in the face if you try. If its a recball game and you do it I wont be mad ill just call you a twat. There is really no reason to "go hard" in a pick up game... Also if you do it to a kid ill rip as many as I can into you before I walk off... no new player or child needs to experience that before their time.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Why? Most people shoot faster on semi then ramping so it would be worse on semi.

Because the follow up shots once you take your finger off the trigger sucks dick. And they don't shoot slow on uncapped ramp.

#11 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

I don't care at all. Even if its walk ons. I look at it as an opportunity to not let it happen next time.

hahaha, yeah I am just used to the pain and it doesn't bother me. Like yesterday I was playing with some rec ballers and some were rentals, then I here the ref yelling at this rental player to get out, and I guess he didn't here the ref, but the guy shot me like twice on my left hand and 2 on my other hand (both bare skin because I don't have gloves yet) and it didn't bother me, even though I was bleeding from both pretty bad.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#12 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Because the follow up shots once you take your finger off the trigger sucks dick. And they don't shoot slow on uncapped ramp.

So I assume your talking about recball woodsball type then. If so then I agree it is totally unnecessary.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#13 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Nope this was at a speedball field.

#14 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

Well thats what speedball is and you can't do mucha about it

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#15 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Yeah in speedball though most people are going to ramp. I for one haven't used ramping yet, except for fun, but I don't play tournaments (not yet but hopefully next year).

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#16 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

I just use PSP settings on my marker and thats it.

#17 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

most people i see complaining they got "lit up" didn't i have seen dozens of people scream bloody murder at someone because they took a ball to their hand when they were first sticking it out of the bunker to call themselves out. or walking sideline with gun down and taking a shot from renter, or after getting hit 5 times, all bounces.

in all honesty i think it depends on distance, if im 20 feet from you you should only have 3-4 going your way tops, if im 100 feet from you, you may well call yourself out and walk directly into the next second of stream going at your bunker, that's on you for not having any sort of awareness.

those are my feelings on rec play, if someone shoots me 4-6 times its no problem,

in a practice recently i took 10 shots to the back/side of head from about 10-15 feet, and that was acceptable to me because only one or two broke, thats how i feel about practice.

in an event, whatever isn't counted as a penalty depending on if that team has been cheating their asses off.

for walk on if its not a renter i shoot until i see a ball break or an arm go up on 8 bps semi, if it is a renter i send 2 or 3 their way.
if its a team practice i shoot until i see an arm go up or breaks on psp ramping
event i will shoot until i see arm go up/player leave bunker on whatever firing mode it uses.

oh and i would say in rec ball getting "lit up" should be a few strikes you're out offence, more strict depending on situation, but i don't think taking 4-6 shots is being lit up either.

Edited by fatalll, 31 March 2013 - 09:59 PM.

http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#18 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

I personally don't mind being hit multiple times, unless it's glaringly obvious that the person was just being a jerk.

I have a bigger problem if people shoot up the newbs just for fun. If I see someone "noob hunting", I've been known to single them out anytime I see them on the other team just so they can't ruin anyone else's day.
If the person then goes after me, I have no problem with that and am prepared to gun-battle them (and sometimes their friends) if necessary.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#19 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Walk on woodsball, semi only... If I can count more than 10 hits, I'm gunna be pissed. Especially when it comes from the same guy, multiple times throughout the day. If it's speedball, or a tournament, or a scenario, I wouldn't care too much.

#20 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

For me, it depends. If im getting in an intense longballing woodsball fight, then I guess it's fine. If I get snuck up on, go screw yourself with a carrot.

In speedball, I mostly dont mind it at all, unless they bunker me and light me up. But running into a lane? It happens, and its their job to hold a lane, so its on me if I get lit up.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 31 March 2013 - 10:46 PM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#21 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

I don't care unless i'm standing straight up with an arm up and gun pointing down, and the just keep nailing me in the back or chest. 3 or more times ( my field is semi).

Edited by Billy Badass-RPF, 31 March 2013 - 10:44 PM.

If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#22 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Anything under 5 is not getting lit up to me, and I give it no second thought. Unless they were like 2 feet behind me and did it for no reason. Higher than that it just depends on the situation. Most the time it's understandable, crap paint, I surprised them, already shooting a lane, me walking into a lane, me walking behind someone else's bunker, etc. Onetime I was snap shooting with someone and came out and shot a pretty solid stream the same time someone else was walking by, he flipped me off and I just laughed. I mean c'mon, how am I supposed to know you're walking by.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#23 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

Really, the only time I got lit up, I was hit on the top of my head. So I was fairly pissed off.

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#24 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

i had it happen this weekend at a big game to me multiple times, one was a player who was upset at me and decided to play on when we were right next to each other after he walked into my lane, another player shot me and stayed on the trigger after the first 3, then went behind his bunker as i put my hand up, and with my hand up he came back out and shot me about 4 times in the hand and in my trigger hand and got paint into my karnivor's trigger to boot. sure i let him know "hey i woulda been good with the first 3..." but once the paint is in the air there really isn't much you could do, a ref yelled at him. but that's about all you can do after the fact.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#25 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

I think it all depends on the situation. Getting "lit up" always sucks, but there are some times its understandable and times its not.

I hate to say it, but you just to use common sense and apply the old "golden rule" and know when it is and isn't appropriate. Personally, I do not intentionally light up players. The ONLY exception to this is a player who is wiping/playing on/ignoring their hits. I will keep shooting them until they or a ref calls themselves out.

#26 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

I think it all depends on the situation. Getting "lit up" always sucks, but there are some times its understandable and times its not.

I hate to say it, but you just to use common sense and apply the old "golden rule" and know when it is and isn't appropriate. Personally, I do not intentionally light up players. The ONLY exception to this is a player who is wiping/playing on/ignoring their hits. I will keep shooting them until they or a ref calls themselves out.

Exactly. Last time I went out to the local woods/milsim field I ended up crossfield from a guy who I promptly shot. Instead of getting up he fidgets in his bunker and keeps playing so I shoot him again. Still playing on so I send a rope of paint at him til he walks off. After the game he was glaring at me and said something about overshooting, I told him I stop shooting when he puts his hand up. That's just the way it is.

#27 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

If getting hit more then a few times gets all butt hurt then stop playing paintball. Shit happens.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#28 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Meh, i don't really mind. I just swear.... alot. (Because of the pain, i don't swear AT somebody ;) )

But as said before, it really depends on the situation. If it's a renter, distance, direction and so on and so forth.

o8qo.jpg

#29 chemical co 1020

chemical co 1020

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Well being lit up is just kharma, someday, you'll be the one lighting someone up. And honestly if we are discussing it in the context of speedball, of course it should be allowed. However if it's lil jimmy's bday party I don't really see the necessity. When rentals (prospective players) first play, they should not need to fear being mowed down by someone who is ramping.

#30 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

I personally don't mind taking a few extra shots. It fucking happens its paintball. The one time it did piss me of was when some sucker punching little bitch stiched up my side three times afters I called myself out multiple times. He didn't stop shooting until I screamed and I quote. I'm out mother fucker. Right after that game he got permanently banned from that field because that was the 3rd straight week he pulled that. I refuse to light people up. But this weekend after I shot some renter he checked himself d even after seeing his hand orange went back to shooting so I sent a volley of 4 balls down the field to him and he got the point to call himself out. After the game I tried looking for the player to apologize and explain myself and tell him why I did it but he was nowhere to be found.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#31 cpxballer9

cpxballer9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

For me I have been lit up a few times but it dose not get me mad if I'm in a gun fight were its something like 2vs6 I'm ok with it, but it is not like it hurts don't fit me wrong it will sting a little but under my definition of hurt is not that. Paintball is one of those things that it will only surprise/sting you when you don't expect it so when I am walking of the field I am expecting to get shot by a rental it is just the way of the sport so it dose not bother me unless it is just one person.

#32 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

when I played Saturday I shot out all but ONE player by myself in this one rec ball game and a guy with a geo 3 had gotten that ONE player...... I didn't know this, so I went to get the guy and when he wasn't there, the guy with the geo 3 on my team lit me up when I didn't even have my gun up anymore. He hit me 3+ times on the top of my head and 2 times on my arm.

Didn't bother me but he apologized and I just told him it was fine.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#33 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

My first day playing some speedballer(which was scary as a first time renter) got really close and bonus balled the crap out of me so back in the pits I smacked him in the face and some refs held him back, anyway I keep my cool now because I was 12 and he was like 16 and I would have had the crap beat out of me if it wasn't for those refs

#34 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

^ .... .... Posted Image really?

I really don't care personally. I've taken nearly 15 extra for a nice back massage.

Don't be a pussy, don't over react(or it will happen more), tell the ref to watch the game more closely.... I find it's really not the douche bag with the gun, sometimes refs "look the other way" which results that player doing it more and more.

My advice if it continues is to invest in one of these problem goes away. ;)

#35 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

^ .... .... Posted Image really?

I really don't care personally. I've taken nearly 15 extra for a nice back massage.

Don't be a pussy, don't over react(or it will happen more), tell the ref to watch the game more closely.... I find it's really not the douche bag with the gun, sometimes refs "look the other way" which results that player doing it more and more.

My advice if it continues is to invest in one of these problem goes away. ;)

Good advice
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users