• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

What are some good things I can do to protect my feet from getting blistered? Just a single day of playing(from 10am-4pm) leaves the skin on the back of my heels literally falling off.

So what can I do to prevent this? I've tried patching the back up with gauge and such but it still happens(not to mention it typically falls off). Are there some nice shoes/boots I can look into?(when I try shoes on at the stores they feel comfortable, but then after I buy them and break them in I realize they aren't that comfortable at all. Surely there are some specific brands or such I can look into? However I am a bit of a budget player). Is there something I can do with my feet?

Any help is appreciated, this is pretty much my number one problem when I go out and play.

#2 Swiftshade

Swiftshade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

one thing you should do if playing that long is change your socks every few hours

#3 dosh

dosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

I use Nike Land Shark cleats, never had problems with blisters or comfort.

#4 ratzes

ratzes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

What are some good things I can do to protect my feet from getting blistered? Just a single day of playing(from 10am-4pm) leaves the skin on the back of my heels literally falling off.

So what can I do to prevent this? I've tried patching the back up with gauge and such but it still happens(not to mention it typically falls off). Are there some nice shoes/boots I can look into?(when I try shoes on at the stores they feel comfortable, but then after I buy them and break them in I realize they aren't that comfortable at all. Surely there are some specific brands or such I can look into? However I am a bit of a budget player). Is there something I can do with my feet?

Any help is appreciated, this is pretty much my number one problem when I go out and play.

I've owned the same pair of Asolo hiking boots for 8+ years, started out miserable with them, but they broke in really nicely and they're the most comfortable shoe I own, wear them to all the outdoor games. Girlfriend picked up a pair of Lowa hiking boots and loves those, plays with them also. Probably need to go and try them on to see how they feel, keeping in mind they might wreck your feet before they break in fully.

You also might want to read about how far your toe is supposed to be inside the shoe, whether you need a wide version, more arch, stuff like that. It also might be as simple as just making sure your heel can't slip out of them or move around before you buy them.

#5 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

What shoes are you wearing? I always like to use a pair of nice fitting trail running shoes or low/mid top cleats. With decent socks. None of those short or super thin ones.

Edited by TacticlTwinkie, 02 April 2013 - 02:07 AM.

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

Do your shoes fit properly?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

Smaller shoes and athletic socks are your best bet.

#8 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Go to a store that knows what there doing regarding to shoe's. Let your feet be measured so that you have the correct sizes for your feet. This helps a lot.
Look into putting gel pads in them if required for the bottom of your feet, they absorb moisture, adds shock protection and just are very comfortable. (they aint that cheap though)
Wear good athletic socks. Preferred those that don't slide when you start to transpire.

#9 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

I play in vibrams 100% of the time, all big games and rec ball, even some tourneys and I love them. Most comfortable thing in the world to me.

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#10 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Try wearing liner socks(can be found at backpacking stores or the internet) I wear those when backpacking and they help a ton they are thin socks worn under your normal socks

Edited by gnarlee, 02 April 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#11 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Alright, thanks guys. I'll look into these various socks and eventually when I have the money maybe into a nice pair of shoes or boots.

#12 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Got three bucks. Buy some foot powder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users