46 replies to this topic

#1 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

I really wanna try pump play but I don't wanna spend more than $200 to do it. I only wanna buy new out of personal preference. From what I've seen I only like the azodin kaos pump in this price range. What advice can you guys give me? Thank you for the help guys.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

ANS sells a complete sniper for around $180.

I HIGHLY suggest used but that is my preference. Even if you get a broken marker (does not happen if you buy from TechPB) it is really fun to break the marker apart and diagnose the problem. If you constantly do that, it gets easier to fix your markers and makes it easier to understand how paintball markers work.

#3 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Who makes that sniper? I know empires sniper is like $500 and that would be my choice if cost wasn't a concern.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#4 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

paintballgateway.com also sells BNIB(Brand new in box) Snipers for only $180.

If you don't like pump... well resell value on pump guns is excellent. Usually around 85%-90% Retail... hell take care of you marker and you may get 95% resell value(buy it for $180 and sell it for $170)

#5 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

If you don't like pump... well resell value on pump guns is excellent. Usually around 85%-90% Retail... hell take care of you marker and you may get 95% resell value(buy it for $180 and sell it for $170)

are we talking WGP snipers or Empire snipers?

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#6 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

WGP snipers

http://www.paintball...psnpugun2k.html

Edited by LUXOR54, 04 April 2013 - 04:47 PM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

What's the one on ANS?

#8 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,121 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

why dont you try and barrow one for a few games?
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#9 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Because no one I know has a pump of any kind.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#10 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

By the way I love the video you did with stick to drum about paint quality. I found it really informative.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#11 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

WGP snipers

http://www.paintball...psnpugun2k.html

badass man, if i had money, an autococker barrel, and pneumatics id grab one (not a fan of pump, mech is the perfect mix of challenge and benefits)

#12 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Buy a used trilogy or sniper.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#13 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

ive considered, but my brother (pump player) has a silver PB lightning cocker, he pumped it but it had dye pneus. its badass with the mech setup. i wish i had something to trade for.

#14 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#15 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

ive considered, but my brother (pump player) has a silver PB lightning cocker, he pumped it but it had dye pneus. its badass with the mech setup.i wish i had something to trade for

Cockers are only cool if they are pretty. Lightnings, Karnis, and my personal favorite, the DC2. i almost jizzed in my pants the first time i saw a dc2. sexiest gun EVER MADE in my opinion, along with the ego 9 and DP g3. its so simple, but sooo sexy. trillys are not sexy. the snipers on gateway are ok, cool but not sexy.

#16 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

if you can't find a trilogy just get a KP, theres nothing wrong with them

#17 Pyrate Jim

Pyrate Jim

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

So you cannot borrow one to try.
I can understand that.

But you have to understand that pumps are the simplest form of marker out there.
There are no electronics that can go bad, no rams or solenoids that might blow a seal...
There is nothing in a used pump that cannot be fixed for the cost of a set of springs and some O-rings.

That's even if there is anything wrong with it to begin with. Many buy pumps new, then sell them within a year just to get the money to buy something else.
I guess what I'm saying is go used for your first pump. You'll save a ton of money on the initial cost, and that can go towards rebuild/upgrade to personalise it & make it what you want.
CT Co-ordinator ~ Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Certified Master Airsmith
http://www.paintball-pti.com/

#18 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#19 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

So you cannot borrow one to try.
I can understand that.

But you have to understand that pumps are the simplest form of marker out there.
There are no electronics that can go bad, no rams or solenoids that might blow a seal...
There is nothing in a used pump that cannot be fixed for the cost of a set of springs and some O-rings.

That's even if there is anything wrong with it to begin with. Many buy pumps new, then sell them within a year just to get the money to buy something else.
I guess what I'm saying is go used for your first pump. You'll save a ton of money on the initial cost, and that can go towards rebuild/upgrade to personalise it & make it what you want.

I might have to buy used. With azodin restructuring the kp supply might have dried up already.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#20 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

not pretty, and i dont want a pump. i want the lightning with pneumatics, because i hate pump. mech? i like. electro? i like. but pump? i suck at it and i dont like the idea of limiting myself.

#21 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

It's because you're not OP on the field with an electro or mech yet.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 05 April 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#22 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

not pretty, and i dont want a pump. i want the lightning with pneumatics, because i hate pump. mech? i like. electro? i like. but pump? i suck at it and i dont like the idea of limiting myself.

If you play pump and dont want to limit yourself...

youre gonna have a bad time.

#23 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Have you considered a phantom. They been around since the 80s nearly unchanged and are still in production (ain't broke don't fix it). And being Nelson based they offer better efficency and factory auto trigger. For a new open class setup they run around $200. They also offer far more variety one gun can be run as stock class modified stock class and open class. And they can be had in soooooo many sweet colours and designs. Oh and they offer a much smaller profile to Sheridan/Sniper based setups.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#24 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

I can't believe I didn't say this yet...

Go to your local Walmart and buy a Jt Z200

#25 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

TippmannPlayer it doesn't limit you. It makes you enhance basic paintball skills and teaches you not to rely on accuracy by volume. You can still go in with a normal hopper and 4 for pods in case shit happens.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#26 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

TippmannPlayer it doesn't limit you. It makes you enhance basic paintball skills and teaches you not to rely on accuracy by volume. You can still go in with a normal hopper and 4 for pods in case shit happens.

its not limited ammo im worried about, i wouldnt mind a gun similar to a crossover in that you could flip a switch in game and go between pump and mech, i want the option in case i get overwhelmed. since i like to play speedball/hyperball (because i, suprisingly, use less paint) i like to use suppression fire for the other guys who are faster than me. im 5'8, 180 lbs, so im not exactly the fastest guy on the field. that said im no back player, firing pod upon pod, burning lanes from the back of the snake. i wouldnt mind a pump in the woods, but on speedball, i would never touch a pump unless its, say, a pump only tourney.

#27 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

I'm trying to get the pump for the woods only. I have my axe for speedball.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#28 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

cci phantom, lapco grey ghost, pumped autococker. from hearing my brother droning on about pump ive heard compliments directed towards those. but for my personal opinion on coolness factor? an old ass nelspot, pgp, or legit og trracer. not the new empire bt one. the old pmi one. old guns are cool

#29 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

cci phantom, lapco grey ghost, pumped autococker. from hearing my brother droning on about pump ive heard compliments directed towards those. but for my personal opinion on coolness factor? an old ass nelspot, pgp, or legit og trracer. not the new empire bt one. the old pmi one. old guns are cool

Old guns are old. New guns man... next gen.

#30 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

Old guns are old. New guns man... next gen.

old guns are boss.

#31 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Old guns can be a lot of fun. Heck three of my guns are older than many people here on this forum. But newer stuff does have merit especially for a new play to the genre.

Pump is A LOT of fun. I been shooting pump since I started playing Paintball in the late 90s. And one can shoot a pump on the speedball field in fact in some ways the super small profile helps. In one game playing 5man. I managed to take out two opposing players (who were running semi auto electros) before getting eliminated myself. I was playing against competitive local turny guys and I was shooting a BONE STOCK PGP2K cause I only had a little paint left and wanted to keep playing. i even managed that without reloading, So two players using a stockclass pump pistol with under 10rnds.

Are there far more impressive feats sure. Have nearly any one done better using an electro probly. Will you Remeber that game in 5-6 years, prolly not. Pump is just more engaging more raw, And when things go well its very memorable.

Edited by TinyBear, 05 April 2013 - 02:56 PM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#32 Akkadian_Tim

Akkadian_Tim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

I actually like the Nelson style pumps a lot (phantom, trracer, etc)

The Empire re-hash of the Trracer isn't bad. I like mine a lot. Biggest reason I like the new trracer over the old one or the phantom:

1. Autococker threaded barrel
2. The BT-style feedneck means it's extremely easy to swap between hopper and a stick feed (use the BT SA-17 mag and it's perfect. Either use it with the spring in it or remove the spring for true "stock class" type feeding).

Just make sure you have a barrel kit because you will have roll outs if you don't. But this is true for pretty much every pump I can think of.

#33 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

its not limited ammo im worried about, i wouldnt mind a gun similar to a crossover in that you could flip a switch in game and go between pump and mech, i want the option in case i get overwhelmed. since i like to play speedball/hyperball (because i, suprisingly, use less paint) i like to use suppression fire for the other guys who are faster than me. im 5'8, 180 lbs, so im not exactly the fastest guy on the field. that said im no back player, firing pod upon pod, burning lanes from the back of the snake. i wouldnt mind a pump in the woods, but on speedball, i would never touch a pump unless its, say, a pump only tourney.

Pump makes you extremely good at snapping if you play d-side and really makes you work on your timing if you play snake. Its an awesome tool to train yourself to be better at airball.

#34 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

Pump makes you extremely good at snapping if you play d-side and really makes you work on your timing if you play snake. Its an awesome tool to train yourself to be better at airball.

i play d side, usually d5 or d4 off break, and i dont snap shoot. i hate it and ive seen people do it and it looks ridiculous. that said, in apump only tourney id be running straight up d side, shooting everyone and being the badass with a 007

i play d side, usually d5 or d4 off break, and i dont snap shoot. i hate it and ive seen people do it and it looks ridiculous. that said, in apump only tourney id be running straight up d side, shooting everyone and being the badass with a 007

also we hijacked this thread soooo bad

#35 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

Bro, you'll never be a true good player if you don't like nor know how to snapshot. It is quintessential to winning gun fights. A stream of paint can only keep a good player down for a few seconds.

#36 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

There telling the op, not u nick -_-

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#37 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

If youre worried about shooting lanes a lot get a pump with A/T. And practice jerking it a lot.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#38 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Bro, you'll never be a true good player if you don't like nor know how to snapshot. It is quintessential to winning gun fights. A stream of paint can only keep a good player down for a few seconds.

i tried one time and i always snap out into a lane. i play speedball like i play in the woods. works fairly well

#39 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

Then obviously you didnt play against good enough people. Snapshooting is a quintessential skill to be learned by any paintballer.

#40 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

And for that matter snap shooting is every bit as important in the woods as a speedball feild.

#41 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

As I said pump makes you further enhance your basic needed skills and reaches you to not rely on technology to make up for any lack of skill one has as a player. After 3 years in this sport there's still some primary fundamentals that I'm lacking and some bad habits I wanna train out of my game.
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#42 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Then obviously you didnt play against good enough people. Snapshooting is a quintessential skill to be learned by any paintballer.

D4 team practicing, vs Me with a crossover, my brother with his pump, a random dude with a mini and his friend with a shocker which didnt work. and what i do is i pop out shoot at a guy whos out, if i hit him, i watch for other shots and if im clear i move up. if i miss i pop back in and shoot from the other side if possible, or from a lower/higher stance. but i dont pop out, shoot once and pop back in like i see others do

edit: by out i mean someone i have a shot on, not an eliminated player

Edited by TippmannPlayer97, 06 April 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#43 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Thats gun battling and domination, refered to my teammates as 'bitch making'. But snapshooting is the basis of that. Especially if you're in intense situations in relatively close places, you may only get one or two shots out.

#44 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

Thats gun battling and domination, refered to my teammates as 'bitch making'. But snapshooting is the basis of that. Especially if you're in intense situations in relatively close places, you may only get one or two shots out.

Apparently, accoring to my brother, who knows everything about paintball and is the best player out there, anyone who shoots more than once or twice in snapping is, and i quote, "a bitch who cant snap right and its bitch snapping". true story.

#45 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

Not relatively true, but if you're putting out so many rounds while snapping, without knowing how to actually snapshoot, you're just covering up that lack of skill that will eventually bite you on your ass during games.

#46 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

Not relatively true, but if you're putting out so many rounds while snapping, without knowing how to actually snapshoot, you're just covering up that lack of skill that will eventually bite you on your ass during games.

5-8 isnt that bad i dont think. and when i play mech with my crossover i do two shots. not 1, not 3, 2.

#47 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

5-8 isnt that bad i dont think. and when i play mech with my crossover i do two shots. not 1, not 3, 2.

It is actually. You'd be surprised. The reason why pump players might possibly be better than you at snapshooting is because that is what their form of play relies nearly entirely on. And it's proven. It takes longer to get back in behind a bunker when shooting 3-5 round versus the time it takes for one shot. I always lose against the good snap shooting players because they get me with one shot when I try to put 3-5 out quickly, and they escape safely while I escape the field in shame.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users