• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rancor

Rancor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

I took my cyclone feeder off my A5 last Saturday, replaced it with the force products elbow and stuck my rotor on it. Holy crap what an awsome difference when I was at the field that day. I've never had so much fun with it in the 8 yrs I've had it. The elbow slimed it down considerably, I could shoot some fairly brittle paint out if it (as opposed to the blender that was on it prior). Don't get me wrong I love to use my Geo but having the useable sight to line up a few shots when I was hidden in the woods was great and no bulky hopper to stick out of bunkers. I know there's a lot of die hard cyclone fans but I must say even with squishy paddles and other upgrades to my cyclone feeder this was by far the best experience I've had with using a Tippmann marker. The only issue I had was when the rotor jammed and stopped feeding causing the bolt to slice a ball in the breech, but what do you expect with no eyes. In short for anyone looking for something different to try with their A5 I defiantly think its worth the $35 so long as you have some sort of force feed hopper. For anyone about to say I essentially turned it into a 98 that's not entirely true. The 98's elbow sticks out farther than this and I think the over all feel of the A5 is much nicer in the hands than the 98. Also, I hate the sight on the 98; I know they are similar but I just hate it for some reason.
The body can heal
The soul can mend
But there's only so far
One's mind can bend

#2 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

I did the same thing a while back. I love it. Works great with a primo too. My main reason for it was I LOVE my carbine and wanted a similar feel and bolt out back maintenance with the ability to run a Flatline. A5 is now exactly the way I want it and its even lost some weight too when running a primo loader. Such am effective woods tool now I love this thing. I also have a Lapco 8" apex barrel for it I use sometimes but the Flatline seems to have a bit more reach and is soo much easier to aim and put balls on target, and that flat out trajectory is soooooooo nice in low ceiling enviros.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by TinyBear, 04 April 2013 - 03:56 AM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users